Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2015

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2015, 9:30 am

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Darren Brooks
Only think i want to know is will this let me book seats for free from time of booking as I have a young son (6) who suffers from Juvenile Arthritis and I want to get the best seat i can for him.
It could be worth talking to BA as they may be sympathetic to a medical condition and assign him what you view to be a suitable seat.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 3:10 pm

Programs: DL*DM/AA*G
Originally Posted by MADPhil
It could be worth talking to BA as they may be sympathetic to a medical condition and assign him what you view to be a suitable seat.
That, but you might only get his seat and one of you two parents assigned. And I don't know whether they'll use blocked seats. Also I'm curious what seat you'd find "best" for that condition. If the BA flight is on the A380 I'd probably go for an upper-deck left or right of the aisle seat and if it's the 772 you cannot do that much wrong with any seat.

On my printout from ita matrix it lists

DUB -> PHL AA723 - Business (I)
PHL -> MCO AA551 - First (P)
-------------------
MCO -> LAX AA1674 - First (P)
-------------------
LAX -> LHR AA108 - Business (I)
LHR -> DUB AA 6764 - Business (I)
That'd be:
140+60+210+140+40 = 690 if I'm not wrong. However, if you don't have the BA qualifying segments (4) you won't be silver. But I assume you know that and have them.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 8:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GentleGiant
If I am flying say from Dublin to Orlando and change planes in Philadelphia with the second leg in First (P) is this classed as two flights for tier points or one? Likewise for the trip back from Los Angeles to Dublin via LHR?
Yes, if the flights have different flight numbers.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 1:27 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Originally Posted by cvision
That'd be:
140+60+210+140+40 = 690 if I'm not wrong. However, if you don't have the BA qualifying segments (4) you won't be silver. But I assume you know that and have them.
Thanks. Hopefully you are right

Good point about the qualifying flights! Hmmm....

So as these are all on AA metal (apart from the flight back to Dublin from LHR) will I need to book some of these on BA flight numbers and some on AA numbers to get to the 4 and to get the additional tier points for AA 'First', and get the phone person at BA to book as such?

I am very green with BAEC and just need to capitalise on this month long trip to the USA for earnings on avios/tier points etc.

It is just a shame that for my most recent BA flights I just put in my AA number and not my BAEC number! Hindsight is a wonderful thing!

Thanks everyone for their help.

Last edited by GentleGiant; Sep 1, 2015 at 1:34 am
Old Sep 1, 2015, 1:44 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
So as these are all on AA metal (apart from the flight back to Dublin from LHR) will I need to book some of these on BA flight numbers and some on AA numbers to get to the 4 and to get the additional tier points for AA 'First', and get the phone person at BA to book as such?
On your current itinerary you would have 1 qualifying flight (LHR-DUB operated by BA).

You could try to get the LAX-LHR flight on a BA code either flying AA metal or BA metal. That would get you to 2 qualifying flights. Then assuming you are planning to fly all segments and are starting from London, book LHR-DUB-LHR which would provide another 2 qualifying flights.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 2:39 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by nux
On your current itinerary you would have 1 qualifying flight (LHR-DUB operated by BA).

You could try to get the LAX-LHR flight on a BA code either flying AA metal or BA metal. That would get you to 2 qualifying flights. Then assuming you are planning to fly all segments and are starting from London, book LHR-DUB-LHR which would provide another 2 qualifying flights.
Thanks. Have altered it to give me 3, however our closest airport is Bristol, so would hop over on Aer Lingus. I might wait to book that until nearer the data hoping that maybe they will be oneworld by then! Seems a pain to travel all the way to London first.....
Old Sep 1, 2015, 2:45 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks. Have altered it to give me 3, however our closest airport is Bristol, so would hop over on Aer Lingus. I might wait to book that until nearer the data hoping that maybe they will be oneworld by then! Seems a pain to travel all the way to London first.....
EI being oneworld wouldn't mean the flights would count as eligible for BAEC status. Perhaps if/when IAG buys EI they would include EI flights to count as eligible, but I think that is over a year away.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 3:07 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by nux
EI being oneworld wouldn't mean the flights would count as eligible for BAEC status. Perhaps if/when IAG buys EI they would include EI flights to count as eligible, but I think that is over a year away.
But surely they would be bookable on BA flight numbers under oneworld? No?

My alternative would be to book the Internal US flight on a BA number rather than AA and drop from 60 to 40 tier points?
Old Sep 1, 2015, 3:13 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
No, the EI BRS-DUB flights do not have a BA codeshare.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 3:16 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

But surely they would be bookable on BA flight numbers under oneworld? No?

My alternative would be to book the Internal US flight on a BA number rather than AA and drop from 60 to 40 tier points?
You can book BA codeshare on EI metal flights now, EI doesn't need to be part of oneworld to do so.

However, you can only do so if it is part of an itinerary connecting to/from a BA fare. You cannot just book DUB-LON on EI with a BA code, but you could book DUB-LON-NYC on EI/BA all on BA code flights. This will almost certainly be the case if EI joins oneworld as well.

Just as some of your AA flights can be booked with a BA code, if they are purchased separately you cannot book them with a BA code.

Also not all flights are codeshared, oneworld flights do not offer codeshares for all oneworld carriers. Not all AA flights offer a BA codeshare for example.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 7:46 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Learnt a lot Thanks!

Now flying to/from Dublin from LHR - much easier.....
Old Sep 1, 2015, 8:09 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

That'd be:
it is 590

I am now flying to/from Dublin so that will be 10 in total, to reach the 600 for silver.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 1:43 pm

Programs: DL*DM/AA*G
it is 590

I am now flying to/from Dublin so that will be 10 in total, to reach the 600 for silver.
Right... episode of dehydration I guess. Cheers!
Old Sep 1, 2015, 2:24 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Right... episode of dehydration I guess. Cheers!
eh?
Old Sep 2, 2015, 5:22 am

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
Didn't think this is worth it's own thread, but can someone assist when a missing avios claim is rejected.

A 4 sector flight to Bali/SIN on QR - mileage / tier points earning.

The outbound flights credit fine, the return doesn't show. So I put in a claim for missing Avios. The SIN-DOH is accepted - BUT - the connecting DOH-LHR is rejected.

I presume it's an error, so go and do a repeat but I cannot as BA.COM says 'Rewards already claimed'.

It's not been claimed, so i've got for 3/4 of my flights, so should be straightforward for them to give me my missing Avios & TP. But cannot do online. What's the best way to get this done?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.