Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2015

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2015, 6:16 pm

Hi! Newbie here (both on flyertalk and the Hobby), so apologies for dumb questions or if this is not the correct spot to ask this -- I am trying to book a trip for the upcoming long weekend, LHR>HEL>LHR, mostly for the sake of visiting Finland (as I realize it doesn't qualify as a very cost-effective "TP run"). I found the best price via skyscanner which pointed me to netflights.com, where the fare type gets listed as "Consolidated." Does that mean I won't be able to earn TPs if I buy BA tickets (BA flight numbers) through this site?
Old Aug 10, 2015, 12:45 am

Programs: British Airways
As long as you can link your BAEC to the flights and you are flying BA flights then yes you will get TP's and points. How many depends on the fare class and your BAEC membership status.
Old Aug 11, 2015, 10:16 am

Programs: BA Silver
Again, very basic questions but do not want to miss something (important).

Silver and Gold status require the completion of 4 eligible flights; I could not understand what is consider a "flight"; A segment? A return trip? An entire reservation under one reservation code regardless of the number of segments?

Let's say I reached Silver and aiming now for Gold; do the 4 eligible flights that got me to Silver are applicable also towards Gold? That is, after achieving Silver "all" is needed is another 900 Tier Points? In other words, do the 4 eligible flights revert to zero when one gets to Silver? I hope not...
Old Aug 11, 2015, 10:25 am

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by ophir_mm
Again, very basic questions but do not want to miss something (important).

Silver and Gold status require the completion of 4 eligible flights; I could not understand what is consider a "flight"; A segment? A return trip? An entire reservation under one reservation code regardless of the number of segments?

Let's say I reached Silver and aiming now for Gold; do the 4 eligible flights that got me to Silver are applicable also towards Gold? That is, after achieving Silver "all" is needed is another 900 Tier Points? In other words, do the 4 eligible flights revert to zero when one gets to Silver? I hope not...
The four segments carry over, you just need them once in a year. A segment is normally one take off and one landing. However, if you continue on a flight with the same number it only counts as one segment even if there is an equipment change. If you are on AA and the return flight has the same number then it is two segments even if you do an immediate turn round.
Old Aug 11, 2015, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Think of a "flight" as one entry in your BAEC statement. If you fly FRA-LHR and then LHR-JFK, that's two flights; they would appear as two separate lines on your statement. If you fly LHR-SIN-SYD on the same aircraft, with just the short transit stop in SIN, then it would be one line on your statement and only one "flight".
Let's say I reached Silver and aiming now for Gold; do the 4 eligible flights that got me to Silver are applicable also towards Gold? That is, after achieving Silver "all" is needed is another 900 Tier Points? In other words, do the 4 eligible flights revert to zero when one gets to Silver?
No, if you're Silver now and you earn 900 more TPs within the same membership year, then you do not need any more "flights".
Old Aug 11, 2015, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by Globaliser
Think of a "flight" as one entry in your BAEC statement. If you fly FRA-LHR and then LHR-JFK, that's two flights; they would appear as two separate lines on your statement. If you fly LHR-SIN-SYD on the same aircraft, with just the short transit stop in SIN, then it would be one line on your statement and only one "flight".No, if you're Silver now and you earn 900 more TPs within the same membership year, then you do not need any more "flights".
Thanks to both of you. The reason I was asking about the "flights" is that that did not seem to be the case for me. In November I did TLV-LHR, LHR-TLV and then in April I did TLV-LHR, LHR-BWI, BOS-LHR, LHR-TLV. That was suppose to be already 6 eligible flights (all on BA metal). Then did two more runs with Iberia (MAD and then EZE) and only after the fourth "trip" I got Silver. In fact when I was heading to the EZE trip it showed in My Executive Club on BA website that only 3 flights were completed. Very strange!

Anyway, I'm okay to stretch a bit and reach Gold...
Old Aug 11, 2015, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks to both of you. The reason I was asking about the "flights" is that that did not seem to be the case for me. In November I did TLV-LHR, LHR-TLV and then in April I did TLV-LHR, LHR-BWI, BOS-LHR, LHR-TLV. That was suppose to be already 6 eligible flights (all on BA metal). Then did two more runs with Iberia (MAD and then EZE) and only after the fourth "trip" I got Silver. In fact when I was heading to the EZE trip it showed in My Executive Club on BA website that only 3 flights were completed. Very strange!
When is your membership year end?
Old Aug 11, 2015, 4:27 pm

When is your membership year end?
Do you mean the Tier Point year end? If so Dec. 8, 2015.
Old Aug 11, 2015, 4:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Do you mean the Tier Point year end? If so Dec. 8, 2015.
If your year end in 2014 was also on 8 December, then the two flights in November wouldn't have counted as part of your 4 flights in the 2014-2015 membership year. That might account for some of the problem, although not all of it.
Old Aug 12, 2015, 3:00 am

If your year end in 2014 was also on 8 December, then the two flights in November wouldn't have counted as part of your 4 flights in the 2014-2015 membership year. That might account for some of the problem, although not all of it.
I only joined BAEC on Nov. 2014 and for some reason the year end was set to Dec. 8, 2015 (if I remember correctly the date shifted couple of times). It's certain that the Nov. Tier Points are counted in since my tier points for this year and the lifetime tier points are the same.
Old Aug 12, 2015, 3:22 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I only joined BAEC on Nov. 2014 and for some reason the year end was set to Dec. 8, 2015 (if I remember correctly the date shifted couple of times). It's certain that the Nov. Tier Points are counted in since my tier points for this year and the lifetime tier points are the same.
Your tier point year is the 8th day of the month after your first flight.

So lets say you joined on 1 November 2014 and your first ever flight was 12 November 2014, this would mean your anniversay date is 8 December and your first membership year runs from 1 November 2014 to 8 December 2015.

Also your first flights on 12 November 2014 are included in your first membership year.

All subsequent years will be the usual 12 montsh length and run from 9 December 2015 to 8 December 2016.
Old Aug 12, 2015, 3:27 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
Your tier point year is the 8th day of the month after your first flight.

So lets say you joined on 1 November 2014 and your first ever flight was 12 November 2014, this would mean your anniversay date is 8 December and your first membership year runs from 1 November 2014 to 8 December 2015.

Also your first flights on 12 November 2014 are included in your first membership year.

All subsequent years will be the usual 12 montsh length and run from 9 December 2015 to 8 December 2016.
Interesting, thanks.
Old Aug 12, 2015, 3:34 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
How long does it take for your new card to be issued after your year end? I can't remember how long it took last year.

I want to use my new card (with Sept 16 expiry date) to do a status match. Even the online card still shows an expiry of 09/15.
Old Aug 13, 2015, 4:38 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Starbucks Gold,
Change to status mid trip

Morning Team,

So during my latest escapade to LAS I changed status from Blue to Silver, but wanted to ask about the awarding of miles. This is my scenario:

Start of trip = 30TP
DUB-LHR = 40TP
LHR-JFK = 210TP
JFK-LAX = 210TP. So during this flight I pass the 300TP for Bronze (and I also have 5 flights on BA Metal).

On the same day I also fly LAX-LAS for 60TP. This has appeared on my BAEC account at 236 Avios and a cabin bonus of 118 Avios. Does this flight attract the Tier bonus as well? I had earned the 300TP needed for Bronze before the flight, although they have not been credited as it was on the same day.

The same situation occurred on the home leg where I earned 210 TP for LAS-MIA which pushed me to Silver, but the MIA-JFK-LCY only show the Bronze Tier bonus.

Is this as it should be, or should I get in touch with BAEC to get the miles adjusted?

Thanks,

MrMutton
Old Aug 13, 2015, 12:06 pm
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by MrMutton
should I get in touch with BAEC to get the miles adjusted?
Yes. If it were me I wouldn't bother for a single LAX-LAS flight, but with more flights involved (including a TATL) it's probably worth the email or time on the phone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.