Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2015

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2015, 4:26 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by TheTino04
I've been booking the lowest fares for my BHD-LHR flights unaware that for a negligible amount (£30 or so) I could be getting 40 TPs rather than 15 or 20.

Hopefully this lessens the slog back to Silver!

Worse than that, I would have actually had a shot at Gold had I realised sooner - Doh!
Yes, this is a good point. Q, and O only earn 5 TPs on domestics now (G as well but you don't often see that on domestic flights). If you look at the fares for BHD to LHR (not including taxes and fees):

Results from ExpertFlyer.com
Code:
Fare Information Search:

Departing BHD on 09/09/15 for LHR
Flying BA  
Viewing in currency GBP
Validated Results

Fare Basis  Airline  Booking  Trip Type   Fare           Cabin  Effective  Expiration  Min/Max  Advanced
                     Class                                      Date       Date        Stay     Purchase Req
OV1RO       BA       O        One-Way     30.00 (GBP)    E                                      
QV1RO       BA       Q        One-Way     45.00 (GBP)    E                                      
NV1RO       BA       N        One-Way     57.00 (GBP)    E
N is £17 more than O and £12 more than Q. Therefore if you need a few extra TPs booking in N can be worthwhile. If O and Q are still available unfortunately there is no way to select the lowest fare offering 10 TPs and you would have to call to book.
Old Jul 24, 2015, 7:08 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Dave OD
I am sure this has been asked before, but I can't find an answer to my exact scenario, so both apologies and thanks in advance.

I'll try make it as clear as possible, but I can't quite understand it myself.

My questions are:

1) Is your tier point collection year not in line with when you joined? Which for me was 20th July 2014.

2) I first added points to account on 12th October 2015, but my collection year ends 8th November 2015, so my collection "year" is actually almost 13 months?

3) Why is one card valid for over 2 years and the other for only a year and half?

I hope my post makes sense, and thank you in advance for any replies.
1) Your tier point year is the 8th day of the month after your first flight, so your first ever flight was 12 October 2014 which means your date is 8 November.

2) Your first one is yes, subsequent ones are 12 months.

3) Your card is valid for:
- the rest of the membership year in which you hit the threshold
- all of the next full membership year
- up to the end of the month after the end of that full membership year

So for your silver card you get the rest of this membership year to 8 November 2015, all of next membership year 9 November 2015 to 8 November 2016, then to the end of the next month so 31 December 2016.

Remember that your first flights effectively counted towards your 9 November 2014 to 8 November 2015 membership year hence you got one valid to 31 December 2016.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 6:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I was quite surprised by the paltry amount of miles I received on a recent Dragonair (KA coded) flight that I did. The route was Xiamen to Hong Kong and I got 500 miles plus 125 miles business class bonus. Not very motivating to stay with BAEC.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 6:30 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by Concerto
I was quite surprised by the paltry amount of miles I received on a recent Dragonair (KA coded) flight that I did. The route was Xiamen to Hong Kong and I got 500 miles plus 125 miles business class bonus. Not very motivating to stay with BAEC.
How many were you expecting? The flight is just over 300 miles. Most other programs would award a similar amount.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
A bit more for a business class fare bucket, but it is indeed a very short flight. KLM would offer a lot more in business on a short flight, and LH group would offer 750 miles for a P-class booking plus executive bonus. I am happy enough, it is better than nothing!
Old Jul 30, 2015, 9:14 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Concerto
A bit more for a business class fare bucket, but it is indeed a very short flight. KLM would offer a lot more in business on a short flight, and LH group would offer 750 miles for a P-class booking plus executive bonus. I am happy enough, it is better than nothing!
A FB Platinum would earn 698 miles (310 Base + 310 Elite + 78 Cabin Bonus) for that distance on a ST partner, so 73 miles more. But I don't think FB miles are worth as much as avios. FB Gold would earn 621 miles.

Some *A partners have a 500 mile minimum earn for discount business fares when credited to M&M (such as ANA and Asiana for example) so you could well have earned less.

If you were on a BA coded flight as Gold you would have earned 1250 avios.
Old Jul 31, 2015, 4:54 am

Have anyone tried TP run by MH J BKK-KUL-PEK/PVG/TPE?

It was a great deal (GBP0.83/TP), but seems that the fare has gone few days ago. I believe it will come again someday. I wonder if anyone would share your experience on MRing at MH
Old Aug 1, 2015, 8:50 am

Not perfect in here, but I could not find the correct Spot, so:

I collected several Avios (not on BA, nor on IB, but these "british avios" with this blue logo).

Now they canceled my Account, as I did not give them my correct Address - as I dont have any in London/UK - so my Question is:

How might I get my Avios back? They want me to send a Bill or something similar to show I am living in this Place in London (haha)..
Old Aug 1, 2015, 9:14 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by blueeagle3
I collected several Avios (not on BA, nor on IB, but these "british avios" with this blue logo).

Now they canceled my Account, as I did not give them my correct Address - as I dont have any in London/UK - so my Question is:

How might I get my Avios back? They want me to send a Bill or something similar to show I am living in this Place in London (haha)..
Avios.com is only available to residents of the UK, Isle of Man or the Channel Islands as per the T&C's of the program. So no, I don't think you'll get your several avios.
Old Aug 1, 2015, 4:19 pm

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
You probably have a bronze card coming. When did you pass 600 TPs? It typically takes a few days after the necessary TPs post for your status to
be upgraded on the website and then some time after that for the silver package to be ordered and 6 - 8 weeks after you have requalified for it to be received.
You should be able to look under your account and see if bronze is pending or fulfilled(sent) and similarly after the website catches up to your new silver status.
See this thread (among others):
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...er-card-5.html
FYI my status showed Silver all along, never dropped to Bronze, and today (the first day after the old Silver card was expiring) my "Card Expiry Date" has changed to July 31st, 2017.
This is GREAT-- I really appreciate everyones' help here on FT.
I enjoyed a fantastic ticket using CX and QR Business class on CPH-DOH-HKG-KUL//BKK-HKG-DOH-CPH, flew AMS-LHR-GLA and back on BA for my 4 segments, thoroughly enjoying the BA T5 lounge both ways, and spent around US$1600 total for 2 more years of BA Silver.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 12:20 am

Originally Posted by nux
Avios.com is only available to residents of the UK, Isle of Man or the Channel Islands as per the T&C's of the program. So no, I don't think you'll get your several avios.
Ok, thanks for the Answer.

Thats not the one I hoped for, but anyway - thanks!!
Old Aug 2, 2015, 3:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by blueeagle3
Ok, thanks for the Answer.

Thats not the one I hoped for, but anyway - thanks!!
Also available in ZA if you have an address there
Old Aug 2, 2015, 5:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Calchas
Also available in ZA if you have an address there
Can those be moved to the ES- and UK-based schemes? Or are they confined to the ZA scheme?
Old Aug 2, 2015, 8:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Globaliser
Can those be moved to the ES- and UK-based schemes? Or are they confined to the ZA scheme?
Pass
Old Aug 2, 2015, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Originally Posted by Globaliser
Can those be moved to the ES- and UK-based schemes?
I believe not. A colleague, now ZA-based but maintaining his UK links, looked into this and found that transferability prospects were nil.

Of course, standalone membership is possible. Pick'n'Pay shopping is far more Avios-lucrative than Tesco shopping.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.