Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2015

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2015, 10:16 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Silver, Flying Blue Zilch, East Coast Rewards Lots&lots, Miles & More nada
Originally Posted by Calchas
32 kg rule is a European restriction. In the USA the loading people are stronger and can carry up to 45 kg
Ah - thanks for the correction. I hadn't appreciated that it wasn't a universal limit.

The check in agent has discretion about whether to apply the fees (in some cases anyway).
I agree that they have discretion about whether to charge a fee if a fee applies. But I don't think they have discretion about exceeding absolute weight limits. And I suspect (but have no evidence, I admit) that their discretion is more limited when the fee relates to extra bags as opposed to extra weight, which seemed to be the potential issue here.
Old Jun 22, 2015, 10:24 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
One person is considered "fair enough", I think(!), but taking three guests might raise some eyebrows---or it might not.
From my experience children don't tend to cause a problem, but I have seen groups of adults turned away quite a few times.
Old Jun 22, 2015, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cziwkga
I agree that they have discretion about whether to charge a fee if a fee applies. But I don't think they have discretion about exceeding absolute weight limits. And I suspect (but have no evidence, I admit) that their discretion is more limited when the fee relates to extra bags as opposed to extra weight, which seemed to be the potential issue here.
Agreed
Old Jun 25, 2015, 11:54 am

Programs: BAEC Blue, KF Silver, HHONORS Gold, Marriott Gold, Club Carlson Silver
I was booked on a NCL-LHR-SIN in Domestic and CW respectively.

Was told without prompting at the airport counter @NCL that I was not entitled to fast track security or priority baggage labels as NCL-LHR leg is domestic.

Is this correct?
Old Jun 25, 2015, 12:11 pm

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by TheArtfulDodger

Was told without prompting at the airport counter @NCL that I was not entitled to fast track security or priority baggage labels as NCL-LHR leg is domestic.

Is this correct?
I thought that the domestic legs of international CW booked into the mythical "Business UK" which comes with lounge access, fast track, and "priority baggage". That is the case for int-dom-dom-int anyway.
Old Jun 25, 2015, 12:15 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue, KF Silver, HHONORS Gold, Marriott Gold, Club Carlson Silver
Originally Posted by MADPhil
I thought that the domestic legs of international CW booked into the mythical "Business UK" which comes with lounge access, fast track, and "priority baggage". That is the case for int-dom-dom-int anyway.
It was an award one-way dom-int (if this is of any relevance).

Not too fussed about the lack of privileges at the start of the dom leg but the policy doesn't seem very clear to me
Old Jun 25, 2015, 12:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TheArtfulDodger

Is this correct?
No this is rubbish

You should have been booked into the U bucket for the redemption allowing you business UK privileges
Old Jun 26, 2015, 1:42 am

Programs: BA Gold
Flown/Booking classes

I'm sure this has been raised before - but can't find anything:
When you look at your BAEC statement the booking code has two letters, I presume that the first one is the class flown, and the second is the class booked. So J/P would be business, pro-active upgrade, and Y/M is economy, discounted. But I also have a C/Q, M/Y and M/M... . (links to any informative threads welcomed!).
Old Jun 26, 2015, 2:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by CKBA
When you look at your BAEC statement the booking code has two letters, I presume that the first one is the class flown, and the second is the class booked. So J/P would be business, pro-active upgrade, and Y/M is economy, discounted. But I also have a C/Q, M/Y and M/M... . (links to any informative threads welcomed!).
The first letter is actually the cabin flown.

C = domestic single cabin
M = economy cabin (possibly M for main, but that's conjecture on my part)
Old Jun 26, 2015, 2:33 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by CKBA
I'm sure this has been raised before - but can't find anything:
Yes it is class flown and class booked.

For class flown, C is either domestic (single cabin) or business. Y or M is economy.

For the class booked:
P is a WTP award fare bucket.
M, Q, Y are ET/WT fare buckets.
Old Jun 26, 2015, 9:58 am

Programs: BA Gold, several other less interesting cards...
Just a slight amendment that has been mentioned in this thread - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...s-i-class.html

The earning for RJ has been enhanced. For the better.

Economy (discounted) H, K, L, M, N, O, Q, V, W and S 25% of flown miles
Economy (full fare) Y, B 100% of flown miles
Business J, C, D, I and Z 125% of flown miles

All the above classes will earn TPs as well so we can start booking RJ!
Old Jun 26, 2015, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by srbrenna
Just a slight amendment that has been mentioned in this thread - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...s-i-class.html

The earning for RJ has been enhanced. For the better.

Economy (discounted) H, K, L, M, N, O, Q, V, W and S 25% of flown miles
Economy (full fare) Y, B 100% of flown miles
Business J, C, D, I and Z 125% of flown miles

All the above classes will earn TPs as well so we can start booking RJ!
Not many deals on RJ

Sometimes a nice fare pops up from ATH

I have been interested in trying them for a while
Old Jun 26, 2015, 3:59 pm

Programs: BA Gold, several other less interesting cards...
Not many deals on RJ

Sometimes a nice fare pops up from ATH

I have been interested in trying them for a while
I was looking at doing a LHR-AMM-BEY-LHR and got a decent price on ITA in J. The trouble was that it booked into I and I remembered previous discussions on this so I was happy to find that this now qualified for TPs on RJ. Amman, Petra and a party in the Beirut hills seems like a good plan. Sort of.
Old Jun 26, 2015, 4:08 pm
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by srbrenna
I was looking at doing a LHR-AMM-BEY-LHR and got a decent price on ITA in J. The trouble was that it booked into I and I remembered previous discussions on this so I was happy to find that this now qualified for TPs on RJ. Amman, Petra and a party in the Beirut hills seems like a good plan. Sort of.
Would you mind sharing what sort of deal you found for this? Beirut is an amazing city, BEY LHR on BA in J has the Jimmy Savile seat, I'd like to have a go on that at some point.
Old Jun 26, 2015, 4:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JohnnyColombia
BEY LHR on BA in J has the Jimmy Savile seat
Perhaps you could rephrase this?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.