Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2015

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2015, 2:16 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Currently no status on BA, although held the card for a number a years.

If I fly more than my wife and therefore get a higher status, will she benefit from my status when travelling together? Say I get to Silver or Gold, I would not want her to not enjoy the same benefits as me when we fly together.

Can anyone confirm that?

Any disadvantage to her being a lower status level than me?

Would save her from having to maybe take a flight for sake of getting extra TPs.

Thanks
Old Aug 31, 2015, 2:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by GentleGiant
Currently no status on BA, although held the card for a number a years.

If I fly more than my wife and therefore get a higher status, will she benefit from my status when travelling together? Say I get to Silver or Gold, I would not want her to not enjoy the same benefits as me when we fly together.

Can anyone confirm that?

Any disadvantage to her being a lower status level than me?

Would save her from having to maybe take a flight for sake of getting extra TPs.

Thanks
You would NOT want her to enjoy the same benefits?

... what? lol
Old Aug 31, 2015, 2:56 am

Programs: DL*DM/AA*G
Yes, she'll receive the same benefits as you do. As for Priority Check-In / Boarding, it doesn't really state that you can bring company, but I've never seen any agent go crazy about it, even when there was like a family of thousands doing it...
As for the lounge - you're allowed to bring up to one guest (except CCR).

If you're not traveling on one ticket, her disadvantage would be that she'd be lower in the OPUP list, but since OPUPs don't necessarily happen on a predictable basis, not worth it. If you're on the same ticket you two would be upgraded together, but as you might guess that slimlines your overall chances.

The seat selection benefit might also not be possible if you're flying on separate tickets. However, one might give BA a call. E.g. I also got United recently to put my companion next to me in Economy+ - saved $100 each way. If you're on the same reservation, there shouldn't be any problem.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 3:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Smiley90
You would NOT want her to enjoy the same benefits?

... what? lol
Read the post carefully. There was a double negative in there. It made perfect sense.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 3:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by Globaliser
Read the post carefully. There was a double negative in there. It made perfect sense.
-rubs eyes-

apologies, it's late. Did NOT see the double negative...
Old Aug 31, 2015, 3:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Smiley90
-rubs eyes-

apologies, it's late. Did NOT see the double negative...
My sympathies - we've all been there!
Old Aug 31, 2015, 3:44 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

LOL sorry for the double negative She is not a fan of flying sadly - dislikes the takeoff / landing parts, although the ability to keep headphones in during takeoff helps her. But she enjoys Florida, so has to put up with some flying.

One other question

If I am flying say from Dublin to Orlando and change planes in Philadelphia with the second leg in First (P) is this classed as two flights for tier points or one? Likewise for the trip back from Los Angeles to Dublin via LHR?

Doing a trip next year, which should net me 590 tier points assuming these are two flights. Shame I can't eke out another 10 tier points LOL

Still learning!
Old Aug 31, 2015, 6:55 am

Originally Posted by GentleGiant
If I am flying say from Dublin to Orlando and change planes in Philadelphia with the second leg in First (P) is this classed as two flights for tier points or one? Likewise for the trip back from Los Angeles to Dublin via LHR?
It does depend on the flight numbers. Example that gave me headaches: There's a flight from LAX to CLT to ATL - which booked in P would yield 210+60 TPs. However, as the flights were on the same flight number it probably would only have credited for LAX-ATL which is ~60TPs.
However, it's interesting how they would regard J-TATL and P-DOM if on the same flight number. For that you should give the BAEC office a call.
From what I've seen, AA/US tend to have TATL+Domestic flights on one flight number, at least to/from the east coast. Haven't seent hat from LAX to DUB via LHR so far. But if you could deliver details that would help.

Doing a trip next year, which should net me 590 tier points assuming these are two flights. Shame I can't eke out another 10 tier points LOL
Flying where? Orlando? Just take an econ trip to some very cheap destination. There are returns in Eco possible for less than $100 from MCO I think.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 7:51 am

Hi Guys
First time poster and have a question ref the points - bot of background for you.

Booked to goto Australia next year from Dublin
Dublin to LHR > HKG > CNS then return CNS > HKG > LHR > Dublin
Flight are BA then Cathy Pacific from HKG to CNS

4 of us traveling so i decided to join the Executive Club
Point are as follows
39,712 Avios points
640 Tier points

Will this put me into Silver?

Only think i want to know is will this let me book seats for free from time of booking as I have a young son (6) who suffers from Juvenile Arthritis and I want to get the best seat i can for him.

Cheers in advance.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 8:10 am

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Darren Brooks
Hi Guys
First time poster and have a question ref the points - bot of background for you.

Point are as follows
39,712 Avios points
640 Tier points

Only think i want to know is will this let me book seats for free from time of booking as I have a young son (6) who suffers from Juvenile Arthritis and I want to get the best seat i can for him.

Cheers in advance.
You have four BA segments and, if you have worked it out correctly, more than 600 TP so you will make silver. Technically when you get back to LHR but you won't see it on BAEC for a couple of days. First they post the TP then a day later your status updates. However, you should reach Bronze halfway and be able to select seats for the return within 7 days of departure.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 8:19 am

Which class of travel did you book into? Economy or Business? Because from what I've read you might just have combined the Avios and TPs from everyone? In case you did that, that's wrong. You can only accumulate the Avios in a household account. TPs are strictly personalized.

And since you want to select "the best seat", I assume you booked into Economy. In that case, no Bronze mid-way, no Silver at the end.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by cvision
Which class of travel did you book into? Economy or Business? Because from what I've read you might just have combined the Avios and TPs from everyone? In case you did that, that's wrong. You can only accumulate the Avios in a household account. TPs are strictly personalized.

And since you want to select "the best seat", I assume you booked into Economy. In that case, no Bronze mid-way, no Silver at the end.
Hi
Sorry i should have added its under a household account - I am the lead and the family are included.

Those point quoted are combined for us all
Old Aug 31, 2015, 8:48 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by cvision
It does depend on the flight numbers. Example that gave me headaches: There's a flight from LAX to CLT to ATL - which booked in P would yield 210+60 TPs. However, as the flights were on the same flight number it probably would only have credited for LAX-ATL which is ~60TPs.
However, it's interesting how they would regard J-TATL and P-DOM if on the same flight number. For that you should give the BAEC office a call.
From what I've seen, AA/US tend to have TATL+Domestic flights on one flight number, at least to/from the east coast. Haven't seent hat from LAX to DUB via LHR so far. But if you could deliver details that would help.

Flying where? Orlando? Just take an econ trip to some very cheap destination. There are returns in Eco possible for less than $100 from MCO I think.

Thanks.

On my printout from ita matrix it lists

DUB -> PHL AA723 - Business (I)
PHL -> MCO AA551 - First (P)
-------------------
MCO -> LAX AA1674 - First (P)
-------------------
LAX -> LHR AA108 - Business (I)
LHR -> DUB AA 6764 - Business (I)
Old Aug 31, 2015, 9:02 am

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Hi
Sorry i should have added its under a household account - I am the lead and the family are included.

Those point quoted are combined for us all
Then, as cvision points out, you will unfortunately only be halfway to bronze as status is individual. Although Avios are available pooled in a household account each member keeps their own individual account.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 9:19 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Hi Guys

Point are as follows
39,712 Avios points
640 Tier points

Cheers in advance.
Quite a good calculator at http://www.owenrudge.net/utils/bacalc/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.