Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2015

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2015, 5:26 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by Sam Bee
It's not been claimed, so i've got for 3/4 of my flights, so should be straightforward for them to give me my missing Avios & TP. But cannot do online. What's the best way to get this done?
All QR business fares are eligible for avios/TPs, so you'll need to call BA to query it.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 5:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
But cannot do online. What's the best way to get this done?
Can do online; best way (IME) is https://www.britishairways.com/trave...club/_gf/en_gb
Old Sep 2, 2015, 6:49 am

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
Originally Posted by Globaliser
Thanks ^ I have entered details, hopefully will be approved shortly. Thanks Nux as well for answering - it's only Y, but still 20 TP and a couple of thousands Avios, and they all add up!
Old Sep 2, 2015, 7:12 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Thanks ^ I have entered details, hopefully will be approved shortly. Thanks Nux as well for answering - it's only Y, but still 20 TP and a couple of thousands Avios, and they all add up!
Sorry, I thought you mentioned business.

What fare bucket were you booked in for the DOH-LHR segment?
Old Sep 2, 2015, 7:26 am

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
Originally Posted by nux
Sorry, I thought you mentioned business.

What fare bucket were you booked in for the DOH-LHR segment?
It was Q, so i'm only going to collect 813 Avios and 20 TP for this segment.

But - I have them already for LHR-DOH-DPS / SIN-DOH - they are just refusing to give them to me for the connecting DOH-LHR flight which is a bit of a pain.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 1:46 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by cvision
Yes, she'll receive the same benefits as you do. As for Priority Check-In / Boarding, it doesn't really state that you can bring company, but I've never seen any agent go crazy about it, even when there was like a family of thousands doing it...
As for the lounge - you're allowed to bring up to one guest (except CCR).

If you're not traveling on one ticket, her disadvantage would be that she'd be lower in the OPUP list, but since OPUPs don't necessarily happen on a predictable basis, not worth it. If you're on the same ticket you two would be upgraded together, but as you might guess that slimlines your overall chances.

The seat selection benefit might also not be possible if you're flying on separate tickets. However, one might give BA a call. E.g. I also got United recently to put my companion next to me in Economy+ - saved $100 each way. If you're on the same reservation, there shouldn't be any problem.
Just for clarity, one guest is permitted in the Concorde Room if travelling in BA First Class or if a CCR/Premier Cardholder travelling on BA in any class (two guests if travelling in BA First).
Old Sep 3, 2015, 11:20 am
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
I see lots of posts on FT of original TP and Avios credit when people are re-routed onto flights earning less. But what is the situation when original bookings are cancelled and the replacement is more circuitous and therefore worth more TP and Avios? There is an equally persuasive argument to be made in a frequent flyer programme for someone to get the extra credit if they flew more right?

Just wondering in advance as I have a LA flight in full Y to possibly claim. It has not appeared in my BAEC account yet but is worth 20 TP and 1147 Avios
Old Sep 3, 2015, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by JohnnyColombia
I see lots of posts on FT of original TP and Avios credit when people are re-routed onto flights earning less. But what is the situation when original bookings are cancelled and the replacement is more circuitous and therefore worth more TP and Avios? There is an equally persuasive argument to be made in a frequent flyer programme for someone to get the extra credit if they flew more right?

Just wondering in advance as I have a LA flight in full Y to possibly claim. It has not appeared in my BAEC account yet but is worth 20 TP and 1147 Avios
You should get credit for the flights you actually flew provided they were cash tickets and not awards.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 12:07 pm
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
You should get credit for the flights you actually flew provided they were cash tickets and not awards.
Ace thanks, I will give it a couple of days and then chase up BAEC
Old Sep 3, 2015, 12:32 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Just a quick question regarding a booking I had with AA. One of the flights was cancelled and I was rebooked on another flight. I phoned up to cancel the whole booking but the agent offered me an 'open ticket'. Can somebody please tell me what that means?
Old Sep 3, 2015, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by headingwest
Just a quick question regarding a booking I had with AA. One of the flights was cancelled and I was rebooked on another flight. I phoned up to cancel the whole booking but the agent offered me an 'open ticket'. Can somebody please tell me what that means?
Normally this would mean a ticket without reservations on particular flights, but I am surprised AA offers this.

Then you would make reservations on the desired flights at your convenience, subject to availability in the correct booking class.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 12:47 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Calchas
Normally this would mean a ticket without reservations on particular flights, but I am surprised AA offers this.

Then you would make reservations on the desired flights at your convenience, subject to availability in the correct booking class.
Thanks Calchas, that's what I thought. I assume the dates and destination would have to stay the same?

It was on a mega-cheap 9 flight ticket (428 EUR), so I'm surprised they offered it to me.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 12:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by headingwest
Thanks Calchas, that's what I thought. I assume the dates and destination would have to stay the same?

It was on a mega-cheap 9 flight ticket (428 EUR), so I'm surprised they offered it to me.
I think it would be worth checking with AA exactly what they are offering
Old Sep 3, 2015, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by Calchas
I think it would be worth checking with AA exactly what they are offering
Too late, already cancelled (I found a cheaper booking earning more Avios!). I was just curious.

Another flight had disappeared completely from the master PNR, so I guess she was just trying to make life easy for herself! Next time I'll ask exactly what the 'open ticket' allows.

Thanks anyway.
Old Sep 5, 2015, 5:05 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
So none of my flights from a recent big itinerary (8 flights) posted. I retro claimed and received a rejection because the flights were already credited (which they aren't) and I've read this is pretty normal. I called up and asked them to chase the credit and the guy I spoke to said he'd send it off and I should have a response within 3 days. It's been 3 days now and nothing, but I've not had to do a retro claim over the phone before - is it normal for me to not be able to track it online when they have done it in this way? I haven't received any notifications of any claim being submitted like when I do it myself on the web form.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.