Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2015

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2015, 4:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Thanks very much, nux and KARFA, for your speedy responses.
Old Oct 25, 2015, 11:19 am

Programs: BA Silver
Can one claim Avios if was put on a Oneworld carrier after been rerouted by a non-Oneworld airline?

A family member was booked on LH FRA-TLV but because of a strike was rerouted to RJ FRA-AMM-TLV. I could not figure out whether it is possible to claim the (missing) Avios with BAEC. It's not that these Avios matter so much but I am curious to know.
Old Oct 25, 2015, 3:17 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, &c.
what counts towards the required 4 eligible flights for silver?

Is someone able to help clarify what counts as "eligible flights" needed for attaining status (i.e., 2 for bronze; 4 for silver/gold), following post #3, in this thread, please?

Getting enough Tier Points for silver (and maybe even gold) will not the problem, but most of them will be earned on AAnother airline.

I understand that obviously a flight operated by BA (with a BA flight number) counts.

I'm confused beyond that, and I don't want to screw this up!

If I book a flight on BA.com that then has a BA number, but is operated by Aer Lingus or AA, would that count? Or must they be BA operated?

Thank you.
Old Oct 25, 2015, 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by Mlle_Mustard
Is someone able to help clarify what counts as "eligible flights" needed for attaining status (i.e., 2 for bronze; 4 for silver/gold), following post #3, in this thread, please?

Getting enough Tier Points for silver (and maybe even gold) will not the problem, but most of them will be earned on AAnother airline.

I understand that obviously a flight operated by BA (with a BA flight number) counts.

I'm confused beyond that, and I don't want to screw this up!

If I book a flight on BA.com that then has a BA number, but is operated by Aer Lingus or AA, would that count? Or must they be BA operated?

Thank you.
BA flights are:

flights operated by British Airways, including franchises and BA CityFlyer
codeshare flights on other carriers with a BA flight number
flights operated by Iberia, including franchises, with an IB flight number
Reward flights and agency or industry discounted bookings do not qualify.
https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...ut-tier-points
Old Oct 25, 2015, 9:23 pm
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
Does anyone have any idea how long QR and CX flights take to post to a BAEC account?

I flew 5 days ago and the only reason I am wondering is that there was a problem with CX having my first name and surname back to front on the booking. They fixed it over the phone but the FF programme was a separate field and I don't know whether they changed it.
Old Oct 26, 2015, 11:42 am

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by ophir_mm
Can one claim Avios if was put on a Oneworld carrier after been rerouted by a non-Oneworld airline?
Should be able to, yes. Doesn't hurt to try, you may be asked to send in the boarding passes.
Old Oct 26, 2015, 12:31 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, &c.
Thanks, MPH1980. I was worried that BA was more restrictive with the "4 eligible flights." Glad to see codeshares, and not just BA metal, counts for that.
Old Oct 26, 2015, 1:33 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by JAXBA

Should be able to, yes. Doesn't hurt to try, you may be asked to send in the boarding passes.
Thanks; will report ^
Old Oct 31, 2015, 7:10 am
formerly mattking2000

Programs: BA|AC|AZ|SPG|H|FPC
I'm still in slight confusion over the rules for point earning here on BA.

I flew LHR-YYZ R/T as part of a larger itinerary, where both legs (YYZ-LHR) and (LHR-YYZ) were in class "I" (discounted business). Both were operated by British Airways on an AA codeshare (AA 6207/6210 and BA 93/92, respecively)

140 TP's each way (expected).

BUT....

on the outbound, I get 3553 (flight) + 1777 (cabin bonus) + 1777 (tier bonus as a lowly silver) = 7107.

on the inbound, I get 3553 (flight) + 888 (cabin bonus) + 17777 (tier bonus) = 6225.

Which calculation is correct? I booked an "I" class on AA, does that translate to "I" class on BA as well? If I am reading the rules correctly, I should be credited for a BA-operated flight in "I" class, which should entitle me to the former calculation both ways?

Any help would be appreciated
Old Oct 31, 2015, 7:14 am
formerly mattking2000

Originally Posted by JohnnyColombia
Does anyone have any idea how long QR and CX flights take to post to a BAEC account?

I flew 5 days ago and the only reason I am wondering is that there was a problem with CX having my first name and surname back to front on the booking. They fixed it over the phone but the FF programme was a separate field and I don't know whether they changed it.
QR has always posted between 2-4 days for me.
Old Oct 31, 2015, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mattking2000
I'm still in slight confusion over the rules for point earning here on BA.

I flew LHR-YYZ R/T as part of a larger itinerary, where both legs (YYZ-LHR) and (LHR-YYZ) were in class "I" (discounted business). Both were operated by British Airways on an AA codeshare (AA 6207/6210 and BA 93/92, respecively)

140 TP's each way (expected).

BUT....

on the outbound, I get 3553 (flight) + 1777 (cabin bonus) + 1777 (tier bonus as a lowly silver) = 7107.

on the inbound, I get 3553 (flight) + 888 (cabin bonus) + 17777 (tier bonus) = 6225.

Which calculation is correct? I booked an "I" class on AA, does that translate to "I" class on BA as well? If I am reading the rules correctly, I should be credited for a BA-operated flight in "I" class, which should entitle me to the former calculation both ways?

Any help would be appreciated
It's an AA codeshare so you need to look at the AA earning table on the BAEC website

The operating carrier is irrelevant, as long as it's a oneworld carrier
Old Oct 31, 2015, 8:53 am
formerly mattking2000

Originally Posted by Calchas
It's an AA codeshare so you need to look at the AA earning table on the BAEC website

The operating carrier is irrelevant, as long as it's a oneworld carrier
I understand, but there is literally no difference between the cirucmstances of these two tickets: both my boarding passes said "sold as AA 62xx" on them.

Does this mean the first one was credited as a mistake...?
Old Oct 31, 2015, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I understand, but there is literally no difference between the cirucmstances of these two tickets: both my boarding passes said "sold as AA 62xx" on them.

Does this mean the first one was credited as a mistake...?
Sounds like it

What flight number does it give in the detailed transaction log thingy
Old Oct 31, 2015, 9:23 am
formerly mattking2000

Originally Posted by Calchas
Sounds like it

What flight number does it give in the detailed transaction log thingy
AA6207(Operated by: British Airways)(Booking ref: PNRPNR)
Old Oct 31, 2015, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
AA6207(Operated by: British Airways)(Booking ref: PNRPNR)
Does it also say "J/I"? And does the other sector also say "J/I"?

If so, then it sounds like you simply got lucky with a glitch on the first sector.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.