Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2015

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2015, 8:45 am
formerly mattking2000

Programs: BA|AC|AZ|SPG|H|FPC
Originally Posted by Globaliser
Does it also say "J/I"? And does the other sector also say "J/I"?

If so, then it sounds like you simply got lucky with a glitch on the first sector.
yep, It has (J/I) written before all the details.

Guess I should keep quiet...
Old Nov 3, 2015, 10:47 pm

Programs: SQ Gold, BA Bronze,GA Silver
Did a look around the forum and didn't see anything about this.

I was on LHR-HKG-CGK on a BA Ticket and was supposed to be on BA31 and then connecting onto CX 719 (sold as BA 4573). Due to a delay I was placed on CX797 instead which has no BA codeshare.

The miles for the HKG-CGK sector now hasn't posted and I went looking through the BA site, and it said that missing miles claim should be put through on the original routing, but when I put it through their system, the last leg still doesn't show (everything else has credited correctly)

Should I just wait till the end of the week to see if it shows up as a CX flight booking or what is the best way to get in touch with BA now about this?

RVernius
Old Nov 4, 2015, 3:47 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by KARFA
Be careful, some economy booking classes on MH earn nothing at all.

For avios and TP earning in economy on MH:

- L, V, S, K, M, Y, B, and H earn avios and TPs
- N, Q, O, and G earn nothing

This post on a blog may give you a method of finding boking classes on the MH webiste when booking.

http://flystaytravel.com/how-to-find...lines-flights/
KARFA Are there also some fares that book into MH business that attract 0 tier points?
Old Nov 4, 2015, 4:05 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mentor of monty
KARFA Are there also some fares that book into MH business that attract 0 tier points?
In business J, C, D, Z get tier points. I think I is the only revenue booking class in business on MH that does not get TPs.

Partner earning tables are here

http://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/...-avios/flights

If the booking class is not shown it doesn't earn.
Old Nov 4, 2015, 4:20 am

Programs: BA Silver
In business J, C, D, Z get tier points. I think I is the only revenue booking class in business on MH that does not get TPs.

Understood, many thanks.
Old Nov 4, 2015, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Several people (I forgot who ) have claimed they do get points and Avios on MH in I class, even though the table says they won't.

Maybe not something to rely on
Old Nov 4, 2015, 8:26 am

Originally Posted by Calchas
Several people (I forgot who ) have claimed they do get points and Avios on MH in I class, even though the table says they won't.

Maybe not something to rely on
I hope they have reported this bug to BA
Old Nov 8, 2015, 10:27 am

Programs: BA GGL, NH SFC, IHG Diamond, Radisson VIP, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
BA Lounge at PHL

The lounge looks like a BA Galleries lounge but I was refused to enter as a BA gold/OW Emerald (also AA F passenger) and was told that the morning was only open to Quarter passengers. Is this really the case? I did not quite get the access policy.
Old Nov 8, 2015, 10:59 am

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Dark Blue
The lounge looks like a BA Galleries lounge but I was refused to enter as a BA gold/OW Emerald (also AA F passenger) and was told that the morning was only open to Quarter passengers. Is this really the case? I did not quite get the access policy.
BA.com confirms that and AA F passengers only get lounge access if on certain three class trans-continental flights anyway. You should have had access to the Admirals Clubs as a BA Gold.
Old Nov 8, 2015, 12:02 pm

https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access

If you go here, enter PHL, and select the BA lounge you will see the entry says:

British Airways Galleries Club Lounge / First Lounge
Location details: Concourse A West, departures level
Opening hours: Daily: 07:00-11:00 and 15:00-21:45 (16:00-22:45 from 26Oct-01Nov) The lounge is open during the morning exclusively for the use of QR customers.
Old Nov 8, 2015, 12:18 pm

Programs: BA GGL, NH SFC, IHG Diamond, Radisson VIP, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access

If you go here, enter PHL, and select the BA lounge you will see the entry says:
Thanks KARFA. Is there any other BA lounge operating this way?
Old Nov 8, 2015, 12:31 pm

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Thanks KARFA. Is there any other BA lounge operating this way?
The LAX Oneworld lounge in TBIT is operating in its own peculiar way in that it will not recognise Oneworld status for admission when departing from that terminal on a Oneworld flight unless it is international flight. Even if it is connecting to an international flight. This is only documented in an internal memo. So access to lounges through Oneworld may vary!
Old Nov 8, 2015, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
In addition to the other replies, see these threads:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...tions-phl.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ess-query.html
Old Nov 9, 2015, 7:33 pm

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
Cool Status match

BA very rarely gives out complimentary elite status or matches status from other FF programmes. The exceptions to this are:

• If you’re an employee of a large corporation that has a deal with BA. Your best bet is to speak to your account manager to see what he/she can arrange.
  • Complimentary status can also come through contact with your local country office, generally through a business to business liaison.
  • Occasionally complementary status is offered if another airline pulls out a particular route that BA continues to serve, or goes into liquidation. FlyerTalk is a good place to monitor such developments.

This is very true - they do not match status. I was thinking of switching my allegiance to BA as I fly SAN-LHR at least four times a year, and am a 1K with UA, so contacted BA about matching the status. They responded they do not match, so I will not be switching to BA. Good for the existing Executive Club members, disappointing for me as I will not be catching non-stop flight SAN-LHR.
Old Nov 9, 2015, 9:08 pm

Hi all, have been lurking around and it's my first post here!

Wanted to ask for some clarification on the 4 qualification flights:
I'm thinking of signing up as BAEC Blue member. My current travel plans will get me 700TP on partner airlines, then 4 sectors on BA metals (AMS>LGW>DBV r/t, with stopover on one-way, transit the other), then 800TP on partner airlines. My questions are:

1.) Will I get BA Silver right after I complete those 4 BA sectors?

2.) If i accrue another 800TP after completing those 4 BA flights, will I get BA Gold then?

Thank you for any help in advance Please forgive me if this has been asked too much, a quick search gave me conflicting results on 1.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.