Old Mar 16, 2015, 11:21 am
formerly rxfleming

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat Elite
Originally Posted by Filthy Monkey
'I went swimming with dolphins in Maui' tends to do that too
True story.
Old Mar 16, 2015, 11:37 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, QFF Gold, TK Elite
Big fan of these fares and have used them to Copenhagen, Stockholm, Lisbon and Hamburg since November.

It helps to pick a city with fast connections to compact city centres that are easily navigable on foot, or by convenient public transport.

Free walking tours are always a great way to see the main sites and get a bit of history, plus they all seem to start at 11am which you can easily make.
Old Mar 16, 2015, 1:07 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, M&M, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by perthflyer
I found return flights to GVA for a Sunday day trip last May for £78 which I booked at 11:55pm on Saturday before a 9:30am departure the next morning. Until I found those flights, my plan was just to go to Thorpe Park for the day...
I went to Geneva on the day I wanted, just waited closer to the date and all flights comibnations were available at £88RT. Now I know, I have to wait until last minute if my trip is just for fun.
Old Apr 13, 2015, 4:22 pm

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
With Spring at hand, am starting to look up these. As others have said, they were such great fun last year!
Old Apr 13, 2015, 6:27 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, HH Diamond
I've already done 3 this year - they're fantastic!
Bear in mind the HBO changes (potentially) add up to £30 if you're precious about seating and the generous Avios and TPs will be culled in a fortnight!
Old Apr 14, 2015, 4:08 am
Original Poster

Spring is such a great time to visit much of Europe. I'm planning one myself
Old Apr 14, 2015, 7:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by BApilotinsider
Spring is such a great time to visit much of Europe. I'm planning one myself
+1 especially with EURUSD remaining so low
Old Apr 15, 2015, 2:34 am

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ENTP
I've already done 3 this year - they're fantastic!
Bear in mind the HBO changes (potentially) add up to £30 if you're precious about seating and the generous Avios and TPs will be culled in a fortnight!
Am looking at a few already myself - and today's weather is certainly motivating!

Good point about the HBO changes - am a OW Emerald, and have enjoyed being able to grab a leg-roomy exit row. If I read all the threads right, sounds like that's gone.

Still a fun day out, 'tho, even if spackled into a seat for a bit.
Old May 1, 2015, 5:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Daydreaming for weekend.... Have seen quite a few daytrips for Sunday. Does anyone have any good knowledge / recommendations which cities offer easy / quick connections from airport to city (using public transport)? At a glance Nice, Rome, Milan what others can be recommended? Would like a bit of sun also!
Old May 1, 2015, 5:44 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, HH Diamond
BCN and LIS are fairly easy and should be sunny
Old May 1, 2015, 6:32 am

Programs: BA Silver
Can only comment on the day trips that I have done:

AMS is not far from Amsterdam town centre, and there is plenty to see in the town centre. The Hague isn't too far away in the other direction from the airport to Amsterdam, but I wasn't too impressed with The Hague - a bit dreary IMO.

CPH: 20 minute train ride from either Copenhagen or Malmo (in either direction from the airport). I opted for Malmo - very beautiful city. Not sure about Copenhagen, though am sure there would be stuff there to fill a day.

LUX: 10 minute bus ride from Luxembourg City town centre - very beautiful and plenty of attractions to visit.

The above might not be the sunniest of places, but if you are only there for a day, the weather becomes less of an issue as you are more focussed (or at least you should be) on sightseeing the place in question!

Hopefully others can provide insight on other BA destinations!
Old May 1, 2015, 6:49 am

Programs: BA Gold
Can recommend BRU and ZRH, both nice cities for a day trip and well connected to city centres by rail.
Old May 1, 2015, 7:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by Flythe96flag
Can recommend BRU and ZRH, both nice cities for a day trip and well connected to city centres by rail.
GVA is a good one too. Your train to the city centre is even free in standard class. (Note you need to collect a ticket from the baggage reclaim area, don't just board without one).
Old May 1, 2015, 8:29 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Daydreaming for weekend.... Have seen quite a few daytrips for Sunday. Does anyone have any good knowledge / recommendations which cities offer easy / quick connections from airport to city (using public transport)? At a glance Nice, Rome, Milan what others can be recommended? Would like a bit of sun also!
Maybe not sun but GVA was brilliant and as someone said free train ride into Geneva but you pay on the way back, just a small amount. Easy walk into town and we did a boat trip on the lake, great area to walk in and fantastic cafe's.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.