Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Short haul catering guide

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2015, 5:22 am
formerly rxfleming

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat Elite
Another report from a colleague, served Tatt on the BA732 to GVA yesterday from a bottle.

And in other news, I've ordered the Muslim meal for my CE DUB-LCY trip next Wednesday - interested to know what I'll get from a 7.50pm departure.
Am i right in saying the DUB-LCY flights just have a 'no choice' chilled salad at this time anyway?
Old Jul 10, 2015, 5:31 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, MUCCI, Elite Fan of MO, ALL Accor Live Gold
Originally Posted by KARFA
That's very odd. Shorthaul on CE has not had full size bottles of anything including wine or champagne going back several years. What route was this on?
LHR CPH.
On another issue this was my first shorthaul flight in a while and therefore my first experience of the new seating and I found it very cramped......the amount of leg room is awful and really unacceptable for business class.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 5:35 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by rxfleming
Another report from a colleague, served Tatt on the BA732 to GVA yesterday from a bottle.
Originally Posted by Grande Annee
LHR CPH.
Interesting. I wonder if this is on exLGW services as well? I am on one tomorrow in CE.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 5:43 am

Interesting. I wonder if this is on exLGW services as well? I am on one tomorrow in CE.
The crew didn't know if it was temporary or permanent.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 5:54 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Those delightful mini bottles were served on an ex LGW service in CE yesterday. Sounds like an interesting innovation from LHR, unless it's a remnant of the catering issues from last week. Then there's Fever-Tree appearing on longhaul, maybe this is a feature of the extra catering spend that BA has announced?
Old Jul 10, 2015, 6:08 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Those delightful mini bottles were served on an ex LGW service in CE yesterday. Sounds like an interesting innovation from LHR, unless it's a remnant of the catering issues from last week. Then there's Fever-Tree appearing on longhaul, maybe this is a feature of the extra catering spend that BA has announced?
I will be extremely surprised if the change in champagne is permanent for CE
Old Jul 10, 2015, 6:16 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR; TK Elite; ITA Executive; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Indeed, I'll be on one ex LGW in CE on Monday. Will report back.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 8:31 am

Programs: BAEC
No, they had the normal size bottles like they have on longhaul flights, but unfortunately I wasn't given the whole bottle to myself . Frequent top ups were given though
This is a great development. And much more 'premium' for CE.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 8:46 am

Before you all get too excited, it's a temporary thing due to a supply issue from Monopole. At LGW at least (I don't get messages about LHR issues) there should be a couple of big bottles of taittinger loaded as well as Monopole loaded at 50% of normal amount on Band 3 and 4 flights. I haven't seen it yet, as my recent B3 & 4 flights must've been "forgotten" in regards to champagne loads. We only had a few bottles of Monopole. Luckily, most of the customers didn't know we serve champagne in CE
Old Jul 10, 2015, 8:54 am

Originally Posted by Yesitsme
Before you all get too excited, it's a temporary thing due to a supply issue from Monopole. At LGW at least (I don't get messages about LHR issues) there should be a couple of big bottles of taittinger loaded as well as Monopole loaded at 50% of normal amount on Band 3 and 4 flights. I haven't seen it yet, as my recent B3 & 4 flights must've been "forgotten" in regards to champagne loads. We only had a few bottles of Monopole. Luckily, most of the customers didn't know we serve champagne in CE
I thought as much
Old Jul 10, 2015, 8:57 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I thought as much
Well write in, ask that they de-prioritise the resolution of the supply issues and tell them how much it improved your journey.

Hope they put an extra bottle or two on to Jersey in the coming days or we will never hear the end of it.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 9:02 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR; TK Elite; ITA Executive; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Hopefully this shortage lasts till Monday
Old Jul 10, 2015, 9:23 am

Well write in, ask that they de-prioritise the resolution of the supply issues and tell them how much it improved your journey.

Hope they put an extra bottle or two on to Jersey in the coming days or we will never hear the end of it.
I have sent them an email.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I knew it was a mistake to settle for ET
Old Jul 10, 2015, 4:24 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
Goodness knows why - it's advertised when you book (including champagne)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.