Wiki Posts
Search

Short haul catering guide

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2015, 2:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Happy
Can anyone tell me on VIE-LHR Club Europe, what is served for the lunch time, and what is served for the afternoon tea time?
It's all accessible from the first post in this very thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22132459-post1.html.

You can see which catering band the flight is in (and how to work it out, if you really need to). Then there are links to separate posts on the different meal service periods (which depend on the scheduled departure time of the flight). Each of those posts then describes the service you can expect, band by band.
Old Jul 3, 2015, 2:50 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
I shall be travelling on an early morning flight to EDI with somebody who's decided to be a vegan. Whilst I'm tucking into my English breakfast will I have to take pity? I'm guessing that there's no catering options for vegans on domestics.
Old Jul 3, 2015, 2:56 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

Originally Posted by headingwest
I shall be travelling on an early morning flight to EDI with somebody who's decided to be a vegan. Whilst I'm tucking into my English breakfast will I have to take pity? I'm guessing that there's no catering options for vegans on domestics.
No vegan options. His/her clothes will whiff of full English for the rest of the day
Old Jul 3, 2015, 3:00 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Prospero
No vegan options. His/her clothes will whiff of full English for the rest of the day

Indeed! He'll probably also need counselling at the other end after being shut in with a plane full of carnivores frantically devouring a good old English fry up.

I'll try and convince him to take a little doggy bag of veggie from the lounge. Is that allowed!?
Old Jul 3, 2015, 3:00 pm

Programs: HiltonH. Gold Starwood Gold BA BLUES! Mucci.
There might not be a VEgan option but there is usually a hot vegetarian option which I quite like for a change if there is a spare one.....
Old Jul 3, 2015, 3:04 pm

Programs: Mucci de la Cuisine Aérienne du Réseau Courte Durée de British Airways
Originally Posted by Skipcool3
There might not be a VEgan option but there is usually a hot vegetarian option which I quite like for a change if there is a spare one.....
Vegans don't eat eggs or cheese, so the vegitarian option would not be an option.
The new croissant and yogurt option is also not suitable for a vegan.
Old Jul 3, 2015, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by Skipcool3
Interesting, he'll just have to pick at that then. ^ (eggs are definitely off the menu, so is milk).
Old Jul 3, 2015, 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by Littlegirl
Vegans don't eat eggs or cheese, so the vegitarian option would not be an option.
The new croissant and yogurt option is also not suitable for a vegan.
Yes Littlegirl, you're absolutely right...he's already informed me what's a no go!

Never mind, he'll have to tuck in at the lounge beforehand. It's just the thought of everybody else getting stuck in, that he might feel a little left out. Especially with it being the English breakfast on a domestic (he's from Eastern Europe), I'm sure he will find it a bit of a frenzy!
Old Jul 3, 2015, 3:19 pm

Programs: Mucci de la Cuisine Aérienne du Réseau Courte Durée de British Airways
Originally Posted by headingwest
Yes Littlegirl, you're absolutely right...he's already informed me what's a no go!

Never mind, he'll have to tuck in at the lounge beforehand. It's just the thought of everybody else getting stuck in, that he might feel a little left out. Especially with it being the English breakfast on a domestic (he's from Eastern Europe), I'm sure he will find it a bit of a frenzy!
There are some food outlets near the gate area that will sell some nice fruit options at breakfast time and I expect there will be fruit in the lounge.
Old Jul 3, 2015, 3:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is there a hot veggie option in CE akin to the UK Domestic omelette by ordering a SPML?

I loathe the Domestic/CE "British" breakfast but would like something hot.
Old Jul 3, 2015, 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by hugolover
Is there a hot veggie option in CE akin to the UK Domestic omelette by ordering a SPML?

I loathe the Domestic/CE "British" breakfast but would like something hot.
Out of LHR in CE there is a vegitarian option at breakfast time as an alternative to the traditional breakfast but it is not usually available on the inbound sectors.

You could order a Lacto Vegitarian which usually involves egg at breakfast time.
Old Jul 3, 2015, 5:40 pm

Programs: HiltonH. Gold Starwood Gold BA BLUES! Mucci.
Last few times I have had the veg. Breakfast it was either a cheese omelette with hash browns, tomatoes mushrooms or a spinach frittata..... So your vegan friend could pick over some of it....
Old Jul 3, 2015, 6:13 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
I was once given a vegan breakfast on a Club Europe ticket to AMS from LCY, instead of the vegetarian one (no eggs). I'd tucked into it before I realised, and as I did, the guy across the aisle from me told the flight attendant he fancied it -- she gave him my meal!

Surely a vegan breakfast would be available if the pax ordered it online before?
Old Jul 4, 2015, 4:35 am

Originally Posted by Dicksbits
I was once given a vegan breakfast on a Club Europe ticket to AMS from LCY, instead of the vegetarian one (no eggs). I'd tucked into it before I realised, and as I did, the guy across the aisle from me told the flight attendant he fancied it -- she gave him my meal!

Surely a vegan breakfast would be available if the pax ordered it online before?
You can order a Vegan if you are travelling in CE on any service or in ET on a Band 4 route.

Domestics and all other ET passengers, apart from the Band 4 routes, do not have the facility to order a special meal within our short haul network.
Old Jul 4, 2015, 4:40 am

Originally Posted by Littlegirl
Domestics and all other ET passengers, apart from the Band 4 routes, do not have the facility to order a special meal within our short haul network.
Has that always been the case, or was that option recently 'enhanced' away?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.