Wiki Posts
Search

Short haul catering guide

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2015, 9:15 am
HAT

Programs: BA, IHG, Hyatt
Originally Posted by MarkedMan
Depending on what you're trying to achieve, try an ethnic/religious meal, such as muslim
Thanks! My wife doesn't eat meat but she does fish/seafood so I was wondering whether they have a suitable option.
Old Oct 10, 2015, 9:20 am

CE from DBV-LGW

Been reading this thread - very interesting, and the info on bandings etc are an eye opener!
However I'm now very disappointed to realise I will only get a Brunch offering with no hot meal for my flight back home in a couple of days.
Does anyone know if there will be a bar service for Band 3 Brunch - seems to be conflicting info??
Old Oct 10, 2015, 9:26 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Iberia Oro, SkyTeam - Elite Plus, Le Club Accor - Platinum
Originally Posted by Squeaky
Been reading this thread - very interesting, and the info on bandings etc are an eye opener!
However I'm now very disappointed to realise I will only get a Brunch offering with no hot meal for my flight back home in a couple of days.
Does anyone know if there will be a bar service for Band 3 Brunch - seems to be conflicting info??
Yes, there will be a full bar service. Indeed, alcohol is available on all flights, in both cabins, throughout the day.
Old Oct 10, 2015, 9:49 am

Programs: Mucci de la Cuisine Aérienne du Réseau Courte Durée de British Airways
Originally Posted by Squeaky
Yes, you should be offered a drink from the bar with nuts prior to the brunch offering.

If your flight is very busy with a large Club cabin, you may find they offer the drink with the food but generally it should be offered first with nuts on a Band 3 flight.

However the crew do the service though, you can have as many drinks as you like.
Old Oct 10, 2015, 9:58 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by jackr27
Yes, there will be a full bar service. Indeed, alcohol is available on all flights, in both cabins, throughout the day.
Only on BA and TK (at least on European short-haul flights).

Grab until it lasts
Old Oct 11, 2015, 12:58 am

Thank you!
Old Oct 12, 2015, 5:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TPJ
Only on BA and TK (at least on European short-haul flights).

Grab until it lasts
Not on AF/KL?? Been a while since I had a red wine on an early morning domestic AF. But I know they are cutting back.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 6:40 am

Programs: BAEC
I know that BA has now made routes such as DME Cold Catering only in Economy but note when booking a flight to DME they make this statement - "•Complimentary three course meal and drinks" - maybe they consider crackers to be the starter!
Old Oct 12, 2015, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by londonba2014
I know that BA has now made routes such as DME Cold Catering only in Economy but note when booking a flight to DME they make this statement - "•Complimentary three course meal and drinks" - maybe they consider crackers to be the starter!
Stuff like that is best reported to the ASA, trading standards etc. Enforcement is the only way it will be (embarrassingly) revised.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by hugolover
Stuff like that is best reported to the ASA, trading standards etc. Enforcement is the only way it will be (embarrassingly) revised.
I will definitely get a screen shot as there may be some Avios in it.... unless of course this cold box is a temporary thing.

Last edited by londonba2014; Oct 12, 2015 at 1:12 pm Reason: sp
Old Oct 12, 2015, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Calchas
Not on AF/KL?? Been a while since I had a red wine on an early morning domestic AF. But I know they are cutting back.
Af does not have a full bar on early morning ("breakfast") flights. Y only offers tea, coffee, chocolate, orange juice. J a bit more.

On rest of the day flights af bar has a greater selection than ba's and better quality in c.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Among the current vegetarian salads in band 3 y, I was very pleasantly surprised by the tabuleh with piquillos peppers and parsley. I wasn't sure if I'd like it but it is better seasoned than most others and was a pleasant change.

Told the crew I am personally chuffed my main routes seems to be getting the salads every time again after a period of vegetarian sandwiches and I was told there had been a few complaints about the latter.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 1:56 pm
HAT

Programs: BA, IHG, Hyatt
Great thread! I have 2 LHR-HEL flights in the next month so will report on that later. Btw, seafood option is not available anymore?
Old Oct 12, 2015, 2:14 pm

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
Short haul catering guide

Seafood option no longer available, correct.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 2:16 pm

Bit OT - but when booking LHR - DME - it came up as booking under World Traveller however on the Mobile App is classed as Euro Traveller despite travelling on a 777 both ways.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.