Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Short haul catering guide

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2015, 11:45 am

Programs: Mucci de la Cuisine Aérienne du Réseau Courte Durée de British Airways
Originally Posted by Tim1975
I have a LHR-KEF booked for June in ET (HBO at a bargain £90-ish) and recently in MMB the ability to choose special meals has appeared (it was not there previously). AIUI that is indicative of Band 4 catering.
KEF is a Band 4 route.

I don't know though if there will be a hot meal in ET though. Some of our new routes that don't have a catering agreement at the airport are receiving the cold lunch box, similar to the ones given out on LGW Band 4 flights.

Usually at LHR we serve a hot meal in ET but it is not always possible. So until we hear for sure, I would not like to guess.

CE will get a hot meal for definite.
Old Sep 21, 2015, 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by Littlegirl
KEF is a Band 4 route.

I don't know though if there will be a hot meal in ET though. Some of our new routes that don't have a catering agreement at the airport are receiving the cold lunch box, similar to the ones given out on LGW Band 4 flights.

Usually at LHR we serve a hot meal in ET but it is not always possible. So until we hear for sure, I would not like to guess.

CE will get a hot meal for definite.
Thanks - hopefully they'll sort catering. Am there in March so could be quite chilly!
Old Sep 21, 2015, 9:51 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
Delighted to see vegetarian afternoon tea being served in Club Europe on a recent flight back to Gatwick from Barcelona. On previous flights I had always been given a crappy salad, and a tray with no jam or cream on it. This time I go the proper works, with large cheese and tomato finger sandwiches.
Old Sep 22, 2015, 1:41 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
For breakfast, do the domestic flights to Scotland on the 767 get served from the front of the cabin? It's quite a short flight and I'd like to position myself so I'm one of the first to get served. :-)
Old Sep 23, 2015, 6:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Does anyone have any experience of what is likely to be served for a VLML Dinner in CE on a Band 2* flight? I'm doing my first one in a very long time in under a month and curious as to what the offering is. All the info in post 6 only mentions the meat & fish options and I don't want to have a disappointment.

*(LYS - LHR if you're interested)
Old Sep 23, 2015, 8:11 am

Programs: BA Gold, QF NB
Originally Posted by headingwest
For breakfast, do the domestic flights to Scotland on the 767 get served from the front of the cabin? It's quite a short flight and I'd like to position myself so I'm one of the first to get served. :-)
For all the 767 domestics that's I've flown I've only been in the front cabin (rows 1-9) and every time the service has started from the front of each aisle. I'm not sure about the service order in the aft cabins.
Old Sep 23, 2015, 2:26 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by perthflyer
For all the 767 domestics that's I've flown I've only been in the front cabin (rows 1-9) and every time the service has started from the front of each aisle. I'm not sure about the service order in the aft cabins.
Thanks perthflyer ^ I've selected 3A, so hopefully my brekkie won't get cold before it gets to me.
Old Sep 23, 2015, 3:15 pm

Generally we'll do a four corner service. As the name suggests we start at the front and back of the aircraft and all meet up at about row 20. Tea and Coffee follows the same pattern.
Old Sep 23, 2015, 3:49 pm

Programs: BA Gold, QF NB
Originally Posted by bwaflyer
Generally we'll do a four corner service. As the name suggests we start at the front and back of the aircraft and all meet up at about row 20. Tea and Coffee follows the same pattern.
I'm intrigued about that - IIRC there are 7 crew on SH 767s - does that mean the rear service starts with two CC per trolley with one CC based at the 2L/R galley during service?
Old Sep 24, 2015, 4:52 pm

Programs: Mucci de la Cuisine Aérienne du Réseau Courte Durée de British Airways
I'm intrigued about that - IIRC there are 7 crew on SH 767s - does that mean the rear service starts with two CC per trolley with one CC based at the 2L/R galley during service?
On the 767 flights that serve a hot breakfast on the Scotish routes, if the passenger load is over 224 passengers, they put on 8 crew.
Old Sep 30, 2015, 4:24 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Dicksbits
Delighted to see vegetarian afternoon tea being served in Club Europe on a recent flight back to Gatwick from Barcelona. On previous flights I had always been given a crappy salad, and a tray with no jam or cream on it. This time I go the proper works, with large cheese and tomato finger sandwiches.
Oh that is interesting! While I don't mind the salads (and they're probably better for me), they can get a bit tedious - plus I have to ask for bread far too often, and/or scones when the mood occasionally takes me, as I get passed by when the basket comes around. So this sounds like a good change!

I have a few afternoon CE flights coming up from LHR next week, so I'll report back on whether this is just an LGW/BCN thing, or more widespread.

Last edited by JustTheOne; Sep 30, 2015 at 4:50 am
Old Oct 7, 2015, 6:30 am
HAT

Programs: BA, IHG, Hyatt
Hey guys, flying Band 3 CE in a few weeks, any chance I can get a seafood/fish option at all? I can't see it in the list in the 'Manage My Booking' area. Thanks!
Old Oct 7, 2015, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
There is no longer a seafood meal SFML option, sorry.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 6:39 am
HAT

Programs: BA, IHG, Hyatt
Originally Posted by Can I help you
There is no longer a seafood meal SFML option, sorry.
Thanks for your help!
Old Oct 7, 2015, 8:58 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
Depending on what you're trying to achieve, try an ethnic/religious meal, such as muslim

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.