Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Short haul catering guide

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2018, 2:32 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
BA 794 LHR-HEL 1125-1610 A-320

Preferred BA drink

Pretty good salad, could have used a third prawn though

Choice of beef cheek or pasta with chicken. This dish was quite good and I was surprised at the amount of chicken. Overall a pretty good CE lunch though these tiny trays are annoying and hard to keep plates on.
serfty and TWCLAM like this.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 2:28 am

Programs: BA blue
Does the BOB menu exist in a PDF or similar online? I'm trying to decide if i should buy breakfast at the airport or wait until i'm onboard.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 2:32 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by mckvakk
Does the BOB menu exist in a PDF or similar online? I'm trying to decide if i should buy breakfast at the airport or wait until i'm onboard.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29704305-post115.html
Old Jul 31, 2018, 2:39 am

Thanks.
Both the bacon roll and ham and egg sandwich looks tasty! And cheaper than most airport food at OSL
Old Jul 31, 2018, 3:02 am

Programs: BAEC
Thanks.
Both the bacon roll and ham and egg sandwich looks tasty! And cheaper than most airport food at OSL
If you want more input to consider your options at OSL, here is a pretty extensive guide of various food options available:
https://andershusa.com/what-to-eat-a...-travel-abroad
Old Jul 31, 2018, 3:22 am
Suspended

...I'm trying to decide if i should buy breakfast at the airport or wait until i'm onboard.
You may have to wait on board depending on where you are sat. They may also sell out of your preferred food. Buy at the airport.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 3:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by richardwft

You may have to wait on board depending on where you are sat. They may also sell out of your preferred food. Buy at the airport.
Very important - don't rely on BOB especially when it's an inbound during meal times.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 4:06 am

Originally Posted by Hilde
If you want more input to consider your options at OSL, here is a pretty extensive guide of various food options available:
https://andershusa.com/what-to-eat-a...-travel-abroad
That link leads to a comment form for some reason.
But OSL is my local airport so i'm aware of the selection there. It has gotten alot better since the reopening. But the prices has also gone up unfortunately.

I'm spending some expiring points on a nice looking airport hotel to get an hour more sleep, and they serve a simple breakfast in the early morning.
Since the flight itself would be timed close to a second meal/snack, i thought of it more as a hobbit style second breakfast, so i think i'll probably take my chances on the bacon roll being in stock.

Thanks for the link though. I now have to get to Prindsen hage to try that fried chicken he writes about
Hilde likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 12:44 am

My flight from RHO to LGW in late October has just been changed to a 180 seat A320, which to me spells a Titan wet-leased plane. So do Titan sell the BA standard BOB menu in ET, have their own BOB menu, or provide complimentary refreshments?
Old Aug 1, 2018, 1:31 am

Originally Posted by Andy33
My flight from RHO to LGW in late October has just been changed to a 180 seat A320, which to me spells a Titan wet-leased plane. So do Titan sell the BA standard BOB menu in ET, have their own BOB menu, or provide complimentary refreshments?
If it is operated by Titan airways and crew, you will receive complimentary food (snack) and drinks.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 1:37 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by let_BAegones_be

If it is operated by Titan airways and crew, you will receive complimentary food (snack) and drinks.
I think this was correct at the start of the Titan wet leases, but they are now selling the standard BA BoB (at least when I was on Titan in May and June this was the case).
Old Aug 1, 2018, 2:19 pm

Programs: British Airways Exec, Virgin Atlantic
Was very impressed with the whole meal - I had beef Stroganoff and my partner went with the Curry. It went well with the copious amounts of champagne and red wine we were offered!

Old Aug 12, 2018, 3:10 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold for Life
I am on 794 to Help on Tuesday. Has the menu rotation changed now its August?
Old Aug 12, 2018, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Why is this thread still being used? The current shorthaul catering thread is here: Club Europe catering guide

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.