Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Short haul catering guide

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2015, 8:02 am

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
I've had that tofu salad many times in CE cabins (most recently to DUB last week from LHR) and it's revolting. LCY are much more creative with their fresh salad offerings (asparagus for a start). LHR use tofu and cheap salad cuts (if such a thing exists) because it saves them money.
Old Aug 17, 2015, 4:24 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, HH Diamond
What is offered on the LCY<>DUB evening services in CE, please?
Old Aug 17, 2015, 4:43 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ENTP
What is offered on the LCY<>DUB evening services in CE, please?
I think I had a cold chicken salad last time I was on that route in October. That would seem to be in line with the band 1 catering in CE as shown in this post http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22132514-post6.html
Old Aug 17, 2015, 4:58 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by KARFA
I think I had a cold chicken salad last time I was on that route in October. That would seem to be in line with the band 1 catering in CE as shown in this post http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22132514-post6.html
Thanks - that's fine for me
Old Aug 17, 2015, 5:22 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Dicksbits
I've had that tofu salad many times in CE cabins (most recently to DUB last week from LHR) and it's revolting. LCY are much more creative with their fresh salad offerings (asparagus for a start). LHR use tofu and cheap salad cuts (if such a thing exists) because it saves them money.

I love tofu - bring it on! Hoping my LHR - DUB flight later today has it.
Old Aug 17, 2015, 8:30 am

Programs: BA Gold
Half rant half coming to terms with the reality of BA's European service.
When are BA going to do away with the crappy snacks on short European flights and just start selling sandwiches or small meals? A pack of biscuits/crisps is the sort of offering that they would almost be better off, offering nothing. I've just been a little underwhelmed by the offering recently. The last decent ET meal/snack I had was a breakfast coming out of LCY

And now I've said that, I was just looking at some of the BA weekend holidays away in the ~£130pp for 2 nights stay in various European destinations. Flying out of London I can do nearly £125 of damage in the lounges on either end or at least get close to that in perceived value and they throw in a flight and a hotel for the weekend so I shouldn't really complain about the on board snacks. And If I didn't like it I can always pay the ~£100 premium for a salad in CE or just buy something from the shop before I fly.

So basically I'm having a moan on one hand and planning to take advantage of BA's lounge availability on another
Old Sep 1, 2015, 3:24 pm

Hi - can anyone please advise as to what is served on the Santorini flight from LHR in economy...?

It is a 4 hour flight but not sure if this is band 3 or band 4 food?

Flight departs at 10.10 if that makes any difference?

Return flight is at 17.00 if anyone also able to advise on that one?

Thanks in advance!
Old Sep 1, 2015, 3:41 pm

Programs: M&M, BA Silver, Accor LeClub Gold
Originally Posted by drmish1
Hi - can anyone please advise as to what is served on the Santorini flight from LHR in economy...?

It is a 4 hour flight but not sure if this is band 3 or band 4 food?

Flight departs at 10.10 if that makes any difference?

Return flight is at 17.00 if anyone also able to advise on that one?

Thanks in advance!
I'm on this flight on Thursday (returning next Wednesday). I'd been led to believe it was band 4 and I've been able to book special meals which would seem to reinforce that.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 6:01 am

While the destination is Band 4, the service in economy is Gatwick-style band 4, so despite being able to order special meals all you get is variations on the theme of meal boxes with filled croissants and muesli bars, or filled wraps/sandwiches and small dessert pots, plus cheese and biscuits. BA says this is because there is no way of uploading new catering at Santorini so the outbound plane has to carry the food for the return journey.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 7:18 am

Programs: Mucci de la Cuisine Aérienne du Réseau Courte Durée de British Airways
Yes, it will be a box but I have to say, most passengers in ET complimented on how nice the boxes were.

Don't order a special meal as some of those boxes are rather strange! Stick with the normal box offering.

Both your flights will be the lunch/dinner style box, the cut off for the breakfast offering is 09.30.
Old Sep 20, 2015, 3:28 pm

Reykavik flights

Hi
Can anyone confirm hat the upcoming LHR-KEF flights will be?
Flight time is 3hr15, so it should just slip into band 4, but I just wanted to check.
Thanks
Old Sep 20, 2015, 3:48 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Mucci de buveur de gin
Originally Posted by Arfortune
Hi
Can anyone confirm hat the upcoming LHR-KEF flights will be?
Flight time is 3hr15, so it should just slip into band 4, but I just wanted to check.
Thanks
Welcome to FT and to the BA board Arfortune!

Yes, you would think that KEF would fall into the Band 4 category given the flight time. The question was asked in this thread - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...-2015-a-6.html - but there doesn't seem to have been a definitive answer given.

The calculator on BA also seems to confirm that it's 80 TPs each way in CE.

Enjoy your flight!
Old Sep 20, 2015, 3:49 pm

Thanks Stu - still finding feet so didn't think to search !
Alex
Old Sep 21, 2015, 1:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Given BA's recent form they'll probably declare an inability to uplift catering at KEF and offer those horrid wrap boxes.
Old Sep 21, 2015, 4:31 am

Originally Posted by stu1985
Welcome to FT and to the BA board Arfortune!

Yes, you would think that KEF would fall into the Band 4 category given the flight time. The question was asked in this thread - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...-2015-a-6.html - but there doesn't seem to have been a definitive answer given.

The calculator on BA also seems to confirm that it's 80 TPs each way in CE.

Enjoy your flight!
I have a LHR-KEF booked for June in ET (HBO at a bargain £90-ish) and recently in MMB the ability to choose special meals has appeared (it was not there previously). AIUI that is indicative of Band 4 catering.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.