Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Short haul catering guide

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2015, 4:44 am

Programs: Mucci de la Cuisine Aérienne du Réseau Courte Durée de British Airways
Originally Posted by headingwest
Has that always been the case, or was that option recently 'enhanced' away?
It has always been the case for the last 15 years at least. My memory is not reliable enough any further back!!
Old Jul 4, 2015, 8:28 am

Hi. So I'm travelling standard class on a 4:45pm flight to Barcelona. Does anyone know if they offer a vegetarian sandwich? I know you can't pre-request so just trying to work out whether I should make sure I take something with me or not.
Old Jul 4, 2015, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by gismo1554
Hi. So I'm travelling standard class on a 4:45pm flight to Barcelona. Does anyone know if they offer a vegetarian sandwich? I know you can't pre-request so just trying to work out whether I should make sure I take something with me or not.
This is the relevant post from further up thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22132511-post5.html

BCN is Band 3, and in Euro Traveller the vegetarian option is a small salad pot. There's an example towards the end of my report here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...es-w-pics.html
Old Jul 5, 2015, 4:58 am

Programs: LH HON
CPH-LHR (so Band 3) departing at 1.55pm - should I except lunch or afternoon tea? I know it's supposed to be lunch according to page 1, but it's also BA ...
Old Jul 5, 2015, 5:13 am

Originally Posted by gismo1554

There will be a salad pot. If you sit near the rear it may be good to let the Crew know that you are vegetarian as we sometimes run out
Old Jul 5, 2015, 5:14 am

Originally Posted by ckx2
CPH-LHR (so Band 3) departing at 1.55pm - should I except lunch or afternoon tea? I know it's supposed to be lunch according to page 1, but it's also BA ...
It is lunch, a choice of hot meal or salad with a hot element on top.
Old Jul 5, 2015, 5:35 am

Originally Posted by Genius1
This is the relevant post from further up thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22132511-post5.html

BCN is Band 3, and in Euro Traveller the vegetarian option is a small salad pot. There's an example towards the end of my report here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...es-w-pics.html
Thanks! Missed this when I was looking through!

Originally Posted by Flier74
There will be a salad pot. If you sit near the rear it may be good to let the Crew know that you are vegetarian as we sometimes run out
Thanks. I've prebooked near the front so hopefully will be fine.
Old Jul 5, 2015, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Flier74
Are you sure? Sadly, on all my recent band 3 flights, the nice salad pot was nowhere to be found, replaced by a disgusting vegetarian sandwich and sickly sweet bun.

BA: BRING BACK THE SALADS!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jul 6, 2015, 3:21 am

Originally Posted by orbitmic
Are you sure? Sadly, on all my recent band 3 flights, the nice salad pot was nowhere to be found, replaced by a disgusting vegetarian sandwich and sickly sweet bun.

BA: BRING BACK THE SALADS!!!!!!!!!!!
To be fair I'd probably prefer a sandwich (slightly more filling) but either would work as long as its not ham sandwich lol. Not expecting great things as never do from airline food but nice to have something especially as the flight is over what would be my normal meal time
Old Jul 6, 2015, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by ckx2
Lunch. The times are consistently strictly adhered to.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 3:10 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, MUCCI, Elite Fan of MO, ALL Accor Live Gold
Had Taittinger on my two recent shorthaul flights.....is this now the norm in CE, or have they just run out of the Monopole crap
Old Jul 10, 2015, 4:21 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Grande Annee
Had Taittinger on my two recent shorthaul flights.....is this now the norm in CE, or have they just run out of the Monopole crap
Are they giving out small bottles of Tattinger rather than Monopole now in CE?
Old Jul 10, 2015, 5:06 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, MUCCI, Elite Fan of MO, ALL Accor Live Gold
Originally Posted by KARFA
Are they giving out small bottles of Tattinger rather than Monopole now in CE?
No, they had the normal size bottles like they have on longhaul flights, but unfortunately I wasn't given the whole bottle to myself . Frequent top ups were given though
Old Jul 10, 2015, 5:12 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
No, they had the normal size bottles like they have on longhaul flights, but unfortunately I wasn't given the whole bottle to myself . Frequent top ups were given though
Goodness, will have to check this out on my lunchtime flight tomorrow!
Old Jul 10, 2015, 5:14 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
That's very odd. Shorthaul on CE has not had full size bottles of anything including wine or champagne going back several years. What route was this on?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.