Short haul catering guide

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2014, 5:16 am

Programs: Budding BA Bronze, MPC Gold
Has there ever been a long haul catering thread? Couldn't seem to find one
Old Feb 11, 2014, 6:08 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, ex-VS Gold, ex-UA Gold, Premier Inn Platinum-Iridium
Originally Posted by stu1985
Indifferent crew though. As soon as the CSD had given the meals out, she hid at the front with her mate and ate their dinner while having a gossip about why they never use the iPads (yes, it was that loud).
Well, if you will sit in 1C, which is pole position for good reception of Galley FM.

Sad to hear, all the same.

Mike
Old Feb 11, 2014, 7:14 am

Programs: BA Blue
Originally Posted by layz
The afternoon tea is not veggie and certainly not Asian, so go ahead order your special meal

SFML is my preferred option.

I believe if you order a special meal even if the main options would qualify you'll still get a special meal. e.g. I've had a seafood meal even when there was a seafood option on the regular selection which looked more appetising. Since that point I've only ordered special meals on services with poor offerings like afternoon tea.
Hi lays, thanks for your advice. I forgot about the sandwiches containing meat, actually. I wonder if they carry a small number of veg alternative meals that they can provide on-request?

Either way, I'll take my chances with an SPML. Seafood option sounds tempting!
Old Feb 11, 2014, 7:38 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Mucci de buveur de gin
Originally Posted by mjh0
Well, if you will sit in 1C, which is pole position for good reception of Galley FM.

Sad to hear, all the same.

Mike
No chance - window seat for me!
Old Feb 11, 2014, 2:40 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Tesco Blue, TK Elite (*G), Oyster Diamond Jubilee edition
Originally Posted by yokozuma
Has there ever been a long haul catering thread? Couldn't seem to find one
Not really, long haul differs much more by route, length etc. Difficult to keep the track but if you are lucky, you can find some info in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ures-here.html.
Old Feb 11, 2014, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by Teefaf
Hi lays, thanks for your advice. I forgot about the sandwiches containing meat, actually. I wonder if they carry a small number of veg alternative meals that they can provide on-request?

Either way, I'll take my chances with an SPML. Seafood option sounds tempting!
I've never seen a vegetarian option in CE outside of special meals. Order whatever special meal seems the most attractive and report back here.

Originally Posted by stu1985
Monopole is not the greatest.......might choose something different on the trip back!

Indifferent crew though. As soon as the CSD had given the meals out, she hid at the front with her mate and ate their dinner while having a gossip about why they never use the iPads (yes, it was that loud).

Oh, and they didn't seem to answer any call bells in CE. They couldn't be bothered!
So why don't they use their iPads?

It was still Pommery on Sunday, did the change happen on Monday or were they just running the stock down.
Old Feb 14, 2014, 1:29 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Skipcool3
Had the veggie option up to Glasgow from Gatwick this week, on a fairly tidy 737 (g-DOCO)
With a great crew.
Veggie option was that rec. by Prospero, (spinach frittata, cherry toms, rosti style pots. Mushrooms(?)) roll, marmalade, juice, coffee, and a coffee refill.
Sat in the CE configured rows it was the best flight I have done for a while...
Return today with Easyjet from Inverness, Ho-hum.... My knees are still recovering....
This tasty brekkie deserves to be shared in marvellous technicolor

Old Feb 14, 2014, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
I am twitching. We have a CE booking for July which puts us on:
The JER-LGW red-eye at 0705 = Foil tray Breakfast
... a tight connection, so no time for the Lounge ...
The LGW-MLA at 0925 = another Foil tray Breakfast?

In CE, Band 2 (yes?) is there any choice? Or is it the same meal again?
Old Feb 14, 2014, 1:50 pm

Programs: Mucci de la Cuisine Aérienne du Réseau Courte Durée de British Airways
Originally Posted by T8191
I am twitching. We have a CE booking for July which puts us on:
The JER-LGW red-eye at 0705 = Foil tray Breakfast
... a tight connection, so no time for the Lounge ...
The LGW-MLA at 0925 = another Foil tray Breakfast?

In CE, Band 2 (yes?) is there any choice? Or is it the same meal again?
Band 2 breakfast is a choice of traditional hot, vegetarian hot or a cold meat and cheese continental style plate.
Old Feb 14, 2014, 2:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Littlegirl
Band 2 breakfast is a choice of traditional hot, vegetarian hot or a cold meat and cheese continental style plate.
Indeed, where the 'cold' option is remarkably similar to the 'brunch' formerly known as 'extended breakfast' offer.
Old Feb 14, 2014, 2:08 pm

Programs: HiltonH. Gold Starwood Gold BA BLUES! Mucci.
If you select a seafood option on the Malta run you might get something fishy..... Are you doing a tier point run uncle T ?

And Malta is a band 4 LGW offering....

Thanks for posting a picture of my recent DOM breakfast Prospero.... Surprisingly good.
Old Feb 15, 2014, 3:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by Skipcool3
If you select a seafood option on the Malta run you might get something fishy..... Are you doing a tier point run uncle T ?
And Malta is a band 4 LGW offering....
Having read the Thread more carefully, I am now aware it's Band 4
Likewise, with an 0925 departure from LGW, the idea of some sort of SPML has great appeal. My understanding from this thread was that the Continental platter (which we would choose) was only for ex-LHR.
On return, with a 1420 departure from MLA, we appear to be stuck with "Tea" (aka flatbread) as our main meal of the day

Partly a TP run (240 each), although it's actually a 7 day holiday. The 'justification' is that we have limited plans for the new membership year, so this will get us up to 480. We will worry about Fall and Winter sunshine later, in the hope of some decent sale offer.
Old Feb 15, 2014, 6:57 am

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by T8191
Having read the Thread more carefully, I am now aware it's Band 4
Likewise, with an 0925 departure from LGW, the idea of some sort of SPML has great appeal. My understanding from this thread was that the Continental platter (which we would choose) was only for ex-LHR.
On return, with a 1420 departure from MLA, we appear to be stuck with "Tea" (aka flatbread) as our main meal of the day
You did not read the thread carefully enough I'm afraid/happy to report. Band 4 - including the LGW band 4 - does not have brunch or tea, it is hot breakfast and then hot meal for the rest of the day. Much nicer.
Old Feb 15, 2014, 8:21 am

Programs: MUCCI - Order of the Diamond Hairbrush and Champion of Queens,BA Broon,HH Diamond,PC Plat,BA Amex
Originally Posted by orbitmic
You did not read the thread carefully enough I'm afraid/happy to report. Band 4 - including the LGW band 4 - does not have brunch or tea, it is hot breakfast and then hot meal for the rest of the day. Much nicer.
Yes, but only for those travelling in CE, not ET. I assume that since this is worth 240 TPs for T, he is indeed in Club.
Old Feb 15, 2014, 8:25 am

Originally Posted by Rickers
Yes, but only for those travelling in CE, not ET. I assume that since this is worth 240 TPs for T, he is indeed in Club.
ET would not be either continental platter or tea either, it would be the 'LGW style band 4 box" consisting of sandwiches and a pre-wrapped cake in a little picnic like bag

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.