Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Short haul catering guide

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2014, 12:56 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

Insanely early starts on UK Domestic

LHR Veggie breakfast. With not one but two potentially shirt destroying roast tomatoes

LCY Healthy option. It's not bad. The hot alternative is not suitable for a family audience!!!

Kent crisps (15g). Curse those 09:35 departures!!

LGW Veggie breakfast. At the moment this is my favourite of them all. Beneath the green foil was a piping hot frittata, spinach, and grilled tomato. Apologies the camera just wasn’t quick enough!
Old Jan 11, 2014, 2:43 pm

Programs: BA Silver, HHonours Gold, Mucci of Pucci, Oyster Card, Nectar Card, Father's Day Card
Awesome piece of work Prospero.

There are mushrooms on the Scottish breakfasts as well.
Old Jan 11, 2014, 2:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I wouldn't mind a pic of the continental breakfast!
Old Jan 12, 2014, 7:52 am

Programs: BAEC
Thanks for revamping the guide Prospero! Great job ^

Originally Posted by Prospero
Club Europe

Spirits
Bacardi Carta Blanca, Baileys, Campari, Camus VSOP Cognac, Cointreau, Dow’s Midnight Ruby Port, Glenlivet 15 Year Old Malt Whisky, Gordon’s Gin, Drambuie, Jack Daniel’s American Whiskey, Johnnie Walker Black Label, Martini Dry, Smirnoff Vodka Blue, Southern Comfort, Tia Maria, and Tio Pepe
On my past few CE flights (JER/FCO/MUC/ZAG, so bands 1, 2 & 3 during Nov/Dec/Jan), Cointreau and Southern Comfort were not available, and I was told that they had been removed.

I'm sure that others will have been cut too, so it'd be great for a crew member to perhaps to an inventory for us for an updated list? Shame to see the list of spirits being whittled away.

CE must be the only cabin that doesn't have a drinks list available onboard (Y has the mini menu in the magazine, longhual F & J gets a proper menu). Coming back from DBV last year, I ordered a Cointreau and was told that they wasn't sure if they had any (thankfully they did, hidden away at the back of the trolley)...apparently no one ever asked for them. I guess people don't ask, as there is no drinks list available. BA must therefore assume customers want these enhanced away as none are ordered
Old Jan 12, 2014, 8:01 am

Programs: Mucci de la Cuisine Aérienne du Réseau Courte Durée de British Airways
Originally Posted by shefgab
Thanks for revamping the guide Prospero! Great job ^

On my past few CE flights (JER/FCO/MUC/ZAG, so bands 1, 2 & 3 during Nov/Dec/Jan), Cointreau and Southern Comfort were not available, and I was told that they had been removed.

I'm sure that others will have been cut too, so it'd be great for a crew member to perhaps to an inventory for us for an updated list? Shame to see the list of spirits being whittled away.

CE must be the only cabin that doesn't have a drinks list available onboard (Y has the mini menu in the magazine, longhual F & J gets a proper menu). Coming back from DBV last year, I ordered a Cointreau and was told that they wasn't sure if they had any (thankfully they did, hidden away at the back of the trolley)...apparently no one ever asked for them. I guess people don't ask, as there is no drinks list available. BA must therefore assume customers want these enhanced away as none are ordered
I am going to try and note down the stock on my next few flights.
I try to avoid Band 4s though, so it may take me a while!!!
Old Jan 12, 2014, 8:39 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Littlegirl
I am going to try and note down the stock on my next few flights.
I try to avoid Band 4s though, so it may take me a while!!!
Thanks Littlegirl! :-:
Old Jan 12, 2014, 10:00 am

Programs: BMI Dimond club, BA Executive Club
Anyone know what is offered on the Gatwick to Marrakech flight?

Its a band 4 flight, Im in ET at the moment but according to above we wont get a hot meal as there is none out of Gatwick? I might just upgrade to CE as its a 4 hour flight....
Old Jan 12, 2014, 10:06 am

Programs: HiltonH. Gold Starwood Gold BA BLUES! Mucci.
No hot catering even on Band 4 flights from Gatwick in ET
It's an enhanced wrap.
Worth upgrading if there is an offer on, as that guarantees full meal service.

Rumour has it that the little used ovens at the back of the 737s are worth more than the rest of the plane.......(!)
Old Jan 12, 2014, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Extremely informative and well presented. Thanks Prospero, Littlegirl, BotB, haasha and HIDDY. ^

I have a BCN-LHR dinner departure coming up which I am quite looking forward to now!
Old Jan 12, 2014, 10:31 am

Programs: BA Bronze, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold
Awesome guide ... this is my favourite part of the dashboard.

I'm doing some Dinner Band 2 LHR CE flights soon. Are there any special meals that would mean a hot meal rather than salad?

I had booked a child meal, as thought that would mean something hot with beans / chips? Any other suggestions?
Old Jan 12, 2014, 10:35 am

Programs: Mucci de la Cuisine Aérienne du Réseau Courte Durée de British Airways
Originally Posted by ianwall
Awesome guide ... this is my favourite part of the dashboard.

I'm doing some Dinner Band 2 LHR CE flights soon. Are there any special meals that would mean a hot meal rather than salad?

I had booked a child meal, as thought that would mean something hot with beans / chips? Any other suggestions?
No Band 2 flights are always a salad style offering due to the flight times usually or sometimes being short. The special meals will also be cold.

Don't book a child meal as on flights where a salad is served the child's meal is sandwiches usually. It would only be hot on a Band 3 or 4 plus you might feel awkward using coloured plastic cutlery.
Old Jan 12, 2014, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Sorry if I'm missing something obvious, but in the OP, what does "0:90 hours" (used as the threshold between band 1 and band 2) stand for?? Is that 54 minutes? Is it 90 minutes but if so that is longer than the 1h25 of the second band? Again my apologies if this should be self-evident and beyond that question, well-done on yet another brilliant thread!

Also a small point on the breakfast, many early band 1/2/3 flights which have spent the night at the outstation do not get the filled croissant in Y but an alternative (like a soft bread sandwich for instance). And I can confirm that unfortunately, from LGW, band 3 does not have the filled flatbread/salad choice but instead still the double urban whatever wrap, most of which are poor and very mayonnaise-y except the harrisa chicken which is nice!

Last edited by orbitmic; Jan 12, 2014 at 1:25 pm
Old Jan 12, 2014, 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by orbitmic
Sorry if I'm missing something obvious, but in the OP, what does "0:90 hours" (used as the threshold between band 1 and band 2) stand for?? Is that 54 minutes? Is it 90 minutes but if so that is longer than the 1h25 of the second band? Again my apologies if this should be self-evident and beyond that question, well-done on yet another brilliant thread!
These are the Bands

Band 1 Under 89 minutes
Band 2 90 – 114 minutes
Band 3 115 – 179 minutes
Band 4 180 minutes and over

I think maybe they need adjusting in that post to be just in mins.

You need to use the scheduled time when looking at which Band your flight falls into.
Some flights regularly are very much shorter than the schedule, for instance NCE and CPH and the crew often struggle to get the Band 3 service completed when the min crew are rostered. Then there are flights that are long going one direction, when the wind is bad but short going the other way, BER for example, the other day over 2 hours out but just 1hr 10 coming home but I digress!!

Last edited by Littlegirl; Jan 12, 2014 at 1:34 pm
Old Jan 12, 2014, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Littlegirl
These are the Bands

Band 1 Under 89 minutes
Band 2 90 – 114 minutes
Band 3 115 – 179 minutes
Band 4 180 minutes and over

I think maybe they need adjusting in that post to be just in mins.
Thanks Littlegirl!!
Old Jan 12, 2014, 1:38 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

Originally Posted by orbitmic
Thanks Littlegirl!!
Thank-you both Opening post has been corrected.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.