Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Short haul catering guide

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2014, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Prospero
Thank-you both Opening post has been corrected.
^ again!!
Old Jan 12, 2014, 1:42 pm

Programs: Mucci de la Cuisine Aérienne du Réseau Courte Durée de British Airways
Originally Posted by orbitmic

Also a small point on the breakfast, many early band 1/2/3 flights which have spent the night at the outstation do not get the filled croissant in Y but an alternative (like a soft bread sandwich for instance). And I can confirm that unfortunately, from LGW, band 3 does not have the filled flatbread/salad choice but instead still the double urban whatever wrap, most of which are poor and very mayonnaise-y except the harrisa chicken which is nice!
Well we recently changed the system and now we are able to serve the filled croissants on the majority of flights with night-stopping aircraft. Was it recently that you experienced a different product.

I don't know about the LGW product but I think Yesitsme is going to help update the LGW details.
Old Jan 12, 2014, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Littlegirl
Well we recently changed the system and now we are able to serve the filled croissants on the majority of flights with night-stopping aircraft. Was it recently that you experienced a different product.

I don't know about the LGW product but I think Yesimte is going to help update the LGW details.
My last early one was early December on NCE-LHR. Could it be before the new system?
Old Jan 12, 2014, 1:49 pm

Programs: Mucci de la Cuisine Aérienne du Réseau Courte Durée de British Airways
Originally Posted by orbitmic
My last early one was early December on NCE-LHR. Could it be before the new system?
OK I will have to check because it could be that Band 3 (which is what NCE is) night-stopping aircraft pick up catering. I thought it was all services except Band 4, that we now round cater but I have not night stopped on a Band 3 destination for a while, so will check it out with crew when I next go to work.
Old Jan 12, 2014, 2:48 pm

Was it recently the case that Scottish routes served a hot breakfast for flights departing before 1000? Or has it been the case for many a year that it is 0930?

Very useful guide by the way, so thank you to those who contributed.
Old Jan 12, 2014, 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by CatchThePigeon
Was it recently the case that Scottish routes served a hot breakfast for flights departing before 1000? Or has it been the case for many a year that it is 0930?

Very useful guide by the way, so thank you to those who contributed.
It did used to be 10.00 for all flights but breakfast now ends at 09.30 for all Bands. It's been like that since the basket pass was introduced but I can't remember how long that's been, quite a while now.
Old Jan 13, 2014, 1:45 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Tesco Blue, TK Elite (*G), Oyster Diamond Jubilee edition
Woo-hoo, new year! Thanks for update.

B3 dinner in CE (LHR-PRG) in December: Grilled cod fillet on mustard mashed potato with broccoli tomato, and carrots. Looked pretty bad, but very tasty.

B3 lunch/afternoon tea/dinner in ET (PRG-LHR) in December (had the same in January): Ham and cheese flatbread. In my opinion much better than wraps (we'll see what am I saying after few months of eating those ).

The other day I had Coronation chicken with spinach flatbread. I think one of the vegetarian options was flatbread with roasted veggies and feta cheese.

Old Jan 13, 2014, 3:45 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Littlegirl
I flew PRG-LHR on the 0845 departure at the weekend and we were served a (very) small roll with cheese and bacon, no croissants as far as I could see.
Old Jan 13, 2014, 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by Schwann
I flew PRG-LHR on the 0845 departure at the weekend and we were served a (very) small roll with cheese and bacon, no croissants as far as I could see.
Yes, I have realised that on Band 3 flights the catering is not round catered like on night-stopping Band 1 & 2 flights (I have not night stopped in a Band 3 location for a long time!), so yes, I think it will be amended to show this.

I think BA are looking at ways they can do this though as the croissant is a much nicer product.
Old Jan 13, 2014, 5:26 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

On last Friday evening's short domestic up to GLA from LCY, the crew announced they will be serving drinks and snacks. The message concluded if you'd like another drink please let one of the crew know by pressing the call bell. I thought it was a very nice touch.

The same offer was made on board this morning's GLA-LHR. Was this a coincidence or are crews following new instructions?
Old Jan 14, 2014, 12:10 am

The new announcement is to make customers aware that if they require another drink to come to the galley or press the call button, so your crew have been following procedure
Old Jan 14, 2014, 1:06 am

Great work Prospero!
Old Jan 14, 2014, 2:11 am

Originally Posted by Prospero
On last Friday evening's short domestic up to GLA from LCY, the crew announced they will be serving drinks and snacks. The message concluded if you'd like another drink please let one of the crew know by pressing the call bell. I thought it was a very nice touch.

The same offer was made on board this morning's GLA-LHR. Was this a coincidence or are crews following new instructions?
That is in fact part of the new PA that all crew should be using.

We have always been required to serve ad hock drinks on request, time permitting but BA have added this into the standard PA now.
Old Jan 14, 2014, 3:04 am

Programs: BA Gold, CX Gold (OW Sapphire), Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Accor Platinum
Lovely refreshed guide ... open Q (and mods - do move as this probably isn't the right thread for it): can we have a Long Haul catering guide or are there simply too many options?
Old Jan 14, 2014, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Jordan D
Lovely refreshed guide ... open Q (and mods - do move as this probably isn't the right thread for it): can we have a Long Haul catering guide or are there simply too many options?
+1

A longhaul catering guide would be great!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.