Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 17, 2013, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KARFA
This thread is archived - there is a Galleries First (Flounge) LHR 2014 menu thread here.

This thread gives the current catering options for the Galleries First Lounge (Flounge) in LHR terminals 3 and 5. This lounge is open to BAEC Gold and oneworld Emerald card holders. Passengers flying BA on a First ticket can also use the Concorde Room. The catering supplier was changed on 2 May 2013 to BaxterStorey.

The current catering options in the First lounge can be found in the first post in the thread, or you can click here. For photos: click here.

Catering options - other LHR lounges
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2013 - T5 only
Galleries Club lounge LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5.
International Lounge Terminal 1 LHR - catering options from May 2013 - T1 international flights

For the lounges in Gatwick and UK domestic lounges in Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow and Aberdeen:
First Lounge London Gatwick (North terminal): Catering options from April 2013 - see post 2 for the text of BA's leaflet on the supplier changeover.
Galleries Club Lounge Gatwick (North Terminal): Catering options from April 2013
UK Domestic lounges (outside London) - catering arrangments from April 2013

For information on the BaxterStorey changeover:
New lounge catering contract : BaxterStorey replaces Compass - eff 1 May 2013
Your recent feedback on catering in our lounges - Note from BA Executive Club.
Print Wikipost

Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2013, 7:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by adrianjc32
From this morning, Baxter Storey take over as of now.
'Never in the field of human conflict.......'

Good luck to them.
Old May 1, 2013, 8:58 pm

Originally Posted by HIDDY
'Never in the field of human conflict.......'

Good luck to them.
Lol, quite...

Impressed so far though!
Old May 2, 2013, 11:12 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Retired Flounge menu - reference only

For reference, here is the previous Flounge menu, the current one is shown in post 1 of this thread.

Flounge Menu LHR: Entered service 16 January 2013 - retired from service 1 May 2013

Breakfast

Please help yourself
For your convenience, there is a self-service buffet available for breakfast, including freshly grilled bacon, buttery scrambled eggs, Cumberland pork sausages, grilled tomatoes, and farmhouse toast.

Brought to your table Please order via one of our lounge hosts:

Traditional porridge oats served with honey and cinnamon
Cured kippers served with poached egg
Great British bacon buttie with HP sauce
Classic breakfast sandwich with grilled back bacon and fried egg on toasted wholemeal bloomer
Boiled eggs with toasted Marmite soldiers
Seasonal fruit compote, granola and yoghurt

Hot Drinks
Barista-style coffee, premium tea selection and hot chocolate

The Refreshers
Fresh squeezes of the day, mineral waters and soft drinks

Rest of the Day

Please order from one of the lounge hosts, who will return with your chosen dish in approx 5 to 10 minutes.

Light dishes
Shallot and red wine Tart Tatin, Dunsyre Blue cheese, Secrets Famr baby leaf salad (vegetarian)
Cream of mushroom soup, chive crème fraîche, warm wholemeal roll (vegetarian)
Prawn wonton and sweet corn broth, spring onion and pak choi and chestnut

Main courses
Lake District farmed game terrine, wrapped in smoked streaky bacon, winter pear and apple chutney, toasted bloomer.
Beef Rendang curry, Thai jasmine rice, spiced crackers
BA gourmet beef burger: Croxton Manor cheddar, potato wedges and garden salad.
Butternut squash ravioli, roasted butternut purée, dressed rocket (vegetarian).

Dessert
Brioche, apple and cinnamon bread and butter pudding, apple butter, cream.
Seasonal fruit salad with berries
Selection of cheese from the British Isles - Keen's Cheddar, Tunworth, Innes Log, St James. With fig, quince and apple chutney.

Buffet items - serve yourself

Here's a flavour of what to expect.

Salad Bar

Sweet and sour chicken noodle salad
Green salad
Tzatziki
Beetroot cubes
Mixed Olives bowl
Spinach, olive and red pesto salad
Self serve hot buffet bar

Mild Sweet Potato and Vegetable Curry
Classic Chicken Korma
Boiled Rice
Slow Cooked Belly Pork
Creamy Mashed Potato
Cumberland Sausage
Meat (sic) Steak and Ale Pie
Ratatouille
There are also curry side items, such as mini nan breads, mini poppodums and mango chutney.

Grazing options
Other food available in the lounge, in no particular order: kettle chips, Walkers biscuit and cake mini packs, chocolate mini muffins, fresh fruit, scones and cream and chocolate cake (until approx 6 pm), cheese and cheese biscuits, Kellogs cereal range, Weetabix, stewed and dried fruit, bread rolls. Sandwiches are also available at lunch and supper time.

Commentary:
The breakfast menu is unchanged. There are quite a few new items here, notably the game terrine, which certainly flies the flag. The beef was on the previous menu. Old favourites remain, notably the burger, but there is not such a strong salad option - which given the season is understandable, and in any case there is a self service salad bar.

The above menu is for the record only, the current menu is in post one.

Posting update
16 Jan 2013 - Original post, first new menu of 2013
12 March 2013 - note about beef supply issues.
2 May 2013 - previous menu retired from service.
Old May 2, 2013, 12:20 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
The new First Lounge catering arrangements for LHR T3 and T5 have been updated into the first post of this thread. Photos will follow over the next day or two.
Old May 2, 2013, 12:29 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite Plus
Menu looks very good! Shame about the GC losing daytime hot food option but... oh well :P
Old May 2, 2013, 10:29 pm

Programs: BA - Blue
Am I right in noticing that the scones and clotted cream are no more? As an expat, I can say that I used to look forward to this aspect of flying/connecting through T5 moreso than anything else!!

tb
Old May 3, 2013, 2:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by trueblu
Am I right in noticing that the scones and clotted cream are no more? As an expat, I can say that I used to look forward to this aspect of flying/connecting through T5 moreso than anything else!!

tb
There is still scones and cake, I believe the timing is 14 to 16 hrs, but I have not been there when it has happened yet. Scones have been extended to some domestic lounges (depending if there are flights operating around 4 or 5 pm or so).
Old May 3, 2013, 2:43 am

Programs: BA Gold, Geek platinum
I'm kinda disappointed at the loss of the slow roasted pork belly, but everything else looks great!
Old May 3, 2013, 5:18 am

Programs: BA GGL FL, AA EXP, MR Titanium, HH Dia, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Melia Plat, Amex Centurion
Wink "Let them eat cake?" :-)

Long time lurker on this forum, I really need to pay my way with some postings

Arrived at GF this morning for my 11am coffee and cherry and sultana cake, and shock horror......no cherry and sultana cake! Asked one of the many folk from the new catering company (who were much in evidence)where my cake had gone and was told that "delicious madeira and other cakes" were served in the afternoon.....hmmmm.

After I had stopped weeping and managed to collect my sugar deprived thoughts, I did mention to him that people are on different time zones and some people were ready for cake. Sadly I am always ready for cake; I am beginning to wonder if my doctor or wife are behind this scheme to slim me down....
Old May 3, 2013, 6:22 am
Original Poster

Welcome PleasureFlyer

Originally Posted by PleasureFlyer
Long time lurker on this forum, I really need to pay my way with some postings
Welcome to FlyerTalk, PleasureFlyer, and a particularly warm welcome to the British Airways Forum. I can see you will fit in here perfectly, indeed if this continues we may need to create a subforum for cake lovers.

You make a good point, and in GC, if it is confirmed that there is no hot food mid afternoon, it does not take account of people connecting with very different time zones planted in their brains.

BaxterStorey are watching these threads and so feedback here is good. Also mention it to the staff working in the lounges who are not wearing a striped shirt, they are the new managers. Tell them something good and then ask for your favourite cake. You can also give feedback via the Contact Us / webform on BAEC, though I am not sure how efficient that would be. Already some changes have been promised as a result of feedback. The fruit loaf is wonderful, almost homemade, far too rich to need butter, if that makes you feel any better.
Old May 3, 2013, 6:42 am

Programs: BA Gold, Skywards, Hilton Honors and lots of other under-utilised Hotel Schemes
Not excited by the thought of Noel Edmonds' Dingley Dell Sausages. Has he been reduced to butchery to srape a living. Mr Blobby eggs
Old May 3, 2013, 8:05 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
In protest at BA ditching the wonton soup I have asked BA to downgrade me effective immediately to Silver and I will live off crackers and tap water in the GC South lounge from now on.

That's more or less what happened, anyways.
Old May 3, 2013, 9:26 am

Programs: BA Gold
Just enjoyed the key lime pie in GF. Food offerings look nice although a big client lunch means I've not indulged in any of that yet (key lime pie aside). Burgers going around look more substantial from my vantage point and the staff appear to be loads more interactive.
Old May 3, 2013, 2:27 pm

Programs: BA Gold Guest List, Concorde Room Card, Hilton Diamond
Well today didn't go as well as planned.

First, I tried to order the salmon, which they'd run out of (at 4pm). Ok, no problem - I'll have the burger. They're out of potato wedges. Ok, in that case I'll have the third (and final) option - the Szechuan Chicken:

Although the chicken was tasty, it was a tiny portion. Flyclub would have been beside himself.

Infact, it was so small, I then ordered the burger - wedges, or not wedges. Funnily enough, the wedges magically appeared!

After that I had the lemon cheesecake from the buffet, which was really tasty.

Last edited by ba_cityflyer; May 4, 2013 at 2:13 am Reason: Rotate photos
Old May 3, 2013, 3:10 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite Plus
Looking at those pictures makes me dizzy!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.