Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013

Old May 17, 2013, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KARFA
This thread is archived - there is a Galleries First (Flounge) LHR 2014 menu thread here.

This thread gives the current catering options for the Galleries First Lounge (Flounge) in LHR terminals 3 and 5. This lounge is open to BAEC Gold and oneworld Emerald card holders. Passengers flying BA on a First ticket can also use the Concorde Room. The catering supplier was changed on 2 May 2013 to BaxterStorey.

The current catering options in the First lounge can be found in the first post in the thread, or you can click here. For photos: click here.

Catering options - other LHR lounges
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2013 - T5 only
Galleries Club lounge LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5.
International Lounge Terminal 1 LHR - catering options from May 2013 - T1 international flights

For the lounges in Gatwick and UK domestic lounges in Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow and Aberdeen:
First Lounge London Gatwick (North terminal): Catering options from April 2013 - see post 2 for the text of BA's leaflet on the supplier changeover.
Galleries Club Lounge Gatwick (North Terminal): Catering options from April 2013
UK Domestic lounges (outside London) - catering arrangments from April 2013

For information on the BaxterStorey changeover:
New lounge catering contract : BaxterStorey replaces Compass - eff 1 May 2013
Your recent feedback on catering in our lounges - Note from BA Executive Club.
Print Wikipost

Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013

Old May 9, 2013, 10:25 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by orbitmic
For a while, I was willing to think that this ghastly evolution was just a transition issue and that the new caterers were just not 'doing it well', but I was at the LGW F lounge earlier today and it has confirmed to me that instead, this is undoubtedly a very conscious exercise in deterioration and cost cutting.
Just in case anyone else is interested in the LGW Flounge situation, there is a separate thread here:

First Lounge London Gatwick (North terminal): Catering options from April 2013
Old May 9, 2013, 10:28 am

Programs: BA Gold, Geek platinum
Originally Posted by apacuk
I was in the FLounge on the day of the changeover, and collared a BA Manager who was well aware of the complaints (he was even aware that the new white wine bottle holders at the far end are too tall so the wine bottles are stored above the cool air, hence the white wine is warm).
So what was the managers response? Are they putting things in place to rectify the issues and review the menus/options?
Old May 9, 2013, 10:43 am

Programs: BA Silver Card
They were going to have a meeting the next day!

Have now written to Customer Care requesting food vouchers.
Old May 9, 2013, 11:20 am
db7

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG PlatAmb, BA ,
Has anyone details of the menu in the F arrival lounge?
Old May 9, 2013, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Just in case anyone else is interested in the LGW Flounge situation, there is a separate thread here:

First Lounge London Gatwick (North terminal): Catering options from April 2013
Thanks! ^ I hadn't seen that one.
Old May 9, 2013, 1:43 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold , HH Diamond , IHG Diamond Elite, Accor Gold
Talking My cheap as "chips" annual spend for GCH

GCH annual spend circa 3500,happy not to complain ,but if i was Spending 5/10 times this,i would be disappointed......

By the way,looking forward to my flight on IB 3166 MAD-LHR next week in the brand new J class (2L,window),on one of the new A333s.
Old May 9, 2013, 1:44 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Swanhunter
T3 GF

Some hot items on the buffet - sausages, bacon, tomatoes.
Not seen that on quite a few AM visits. Is this new?
Old May 9, 2013, 5:18 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IC Ambassador, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Fairmont Platinum
Originally Posted by apacuk
I was in the FLounge on the day of the changeover, and collared a BA Manager who was well aware of the complaints (he was even aware that the new white wine bottle holders at the far end are too tall so the wine bottles are stored above the cool air, hence the white wine is warm). The comment book was also full of unhappy comments about the food, most concluding that this was a cost cutting exercise dressed up to look like an enhancement.

I'm willing to give BA the benefit of the doubt when there are teething problems and they are clearly well aware of it, but it seems little has changed in the interveneing week so I'm seriously considering asking for food vouchers so I can go and eat elsewhere. It was pretty grim.
Let's hope BA are monitoring this thread and listen to their best customers. After all you do need at least a gold card to get in the FLounge.

We have had previous spectacular reversals of "enhancements" where the volume of complaints has been exceptionally loud. Not using the converter seat mechanism to squash the B seats and expand D-E-F side in CE was quickly reversed after a barrage of complaints.

As a parting thought, do BA really think that it is right that the North American out stations now offer superior food to the F Lounge at BA's home hub? This is probably a first in the aviation industry
Old May 10, 2013, 12:15 am

Programs: BA Gold, Flying Blue ivory
Originally Posted by FrancisA
Let's hope BA are monitoring this thread and listen to their best customers. After all you do need at least a gold card to get in the FLounge.
I think the most important thing is that we let BA know our views on the enhancement, and not just other FTers. There's no guarantee that feedback here will reach the right people.

I'm not due to pass through the Flounge for another couple of weeks, but if it's as bad as people are saying I'll give feedback via the lounge guest book, the lounge manager and the BA website.

Can anyone think of any other ways of giving feedback ?

I feel the "Save our Flounge" campaign coming on
Old May 10, 2013, 12:16 am

And any word on whether the wines have been "enhanced" ? Or will we not know until all the old bottles are used up!
Old May 10, 2013, 12:41 am

Originally Posted by andrew72
And any word on whether the wines have been "enhanced" ? Or will we not know until all the old bottles are used up!
GF this morning:
Old May 10, 2013, 12:48 am

Please tell me you've photoshopped that in! I've just spat out my Alpen in shock.
Old May 10, 2013, 12:59 am

Originally Posted by andrew72
Please tell me you've photoshopped that in! I've just spat out my Alpen in shock.
Would I do that?
Old May 10, 2013, 1:41 am

Could you photoshop an Iceland Prawn Ring and some Turkey Twizzlers into the buffet ?
Old May 10, 2013, 1:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently
Not seen that on quite a few AM visits. Is this new?
It was my first time since Feb but it certainly wasn't present then.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.