Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 17, 2013, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KARFA
This thread is archived - there is a Galleries First (Flounge) LHR 2014 menu thread here.

This thread gives the current catering options for the Galleries First Lounge (Flounge) in LHR terminals 3 and 5. This lounge is open to BAEC Gold and oneworld Emerald card holders. Passengers flying BA on a First ticket can also use the Concorde Room. The catering supplier was changed on 2 May 2013 to BaxterStorey.

The current catering options in the First lounge can be found in the first post in the thread, or you can click here. For photos: click here.

Catering options - other LHR lounges
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2013 - T5 only
Galleries Club lounge LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5.
International Lounge Terminal 1 LHR - catering options from May 2013 - T1 international flights

For the lounges in Gatwick and UK domestic lounges in Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow and Aberdeen:
First Lounge London Gatwick (North terminal): Catering options from April 2013 - see post 2 for the text of BA's leaflet on the supplier changeover.
Galleries Club Lounge Gatwick (North Terminal): Catering options from April 2013
UK Domestic lounges (outside London) - catering arrangments from April 2013

For information on the BaxterStorey changeover:
New lounge catering contract : BaxterStorey replaces Compass - eff 1 May 2013
Your recent feedback on catering in our lounges - Note from BA Executive Club.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2013, 9:06 am

DrSpear, can you lower the resolution please? It fubars our browsers.

I just had the Pumpkin soup and the Salmon. Nothing wrong with them, a little tame in flavour, but good temperature and edible.
Old Dec 14, 2013, 5:47 am

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Tesco Blue, TK Elite (*G), Oyster Diamond Jubilee edition
I spent hours in T3 GF yesterday and I think the evening buffet offers generally improved (I saw the newest meals for the first time). Thai curry actually had pieces of meat in it and it was reasonably tasty. Did not try the vegetarian lentil dish (looked nice) or chilli (looked okay) or anything from afternoon menu.

The pork belly with cabbage in T3 looked and tasted completely different than in T5 a week ago. It was rather greasy and fatty, compared to meaty and cracklingy T5 variant. The cabbage was a bit different too (T3 sweeter and moist, T5 spicier and kind of dry). I could go for both, though I imagine that probably more people would prefer the T5 variant.

Breakfast selection pretty much unchanged, egg benedict was tasty and hollandaise was okay this time. I also had kipper with poached egg for the first time and I liked it.

Downside: There were only basic Taittinger NV and Rose Castelnau...
I had work to do so I cannot complain too much, but I don't like where this is heading. JW Blue was present, if anyone is interested.
Old Dec 14, 2013, 7:10 am

Programs: BAEC GCH, CXMP Gold, Amex Plat, HH Gold, Accor Plat, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold

CCR and GF yesterday. Very good!

CCR I had the confit of duck. Which was lovely! Crisp skin, tender meat and great flavour.

GF I had the pork belly, chilli and potatoes. Pork belly was excellent. Crispy skin and amazingly tender/moist meat. Chill was a bit runny for my taste, but had really good flavour and tasted home made. Potatoes a bit crap as cold.

Noticed that staff were hovering around restocking and cleaning the buffet bar. Champagne bar was a little understocked to start with, but was promptly refilled.

Overall I'm impressed!
Old Dec 14, 2013, 8:24 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
I'm here now and its not too bad.
Castelnau is bitter like Pommery although the Tattinger is nicer.
Food wise, pulled pork very nice, Thai curry has a little bit of a kick to and the Luke warm potatoes are nothing special.
Plenty of staff about clearing up, asking if you want anything from the menu etc, and food is being restocked.
Nice sized tubs of clotted cream for the scones.
Old Dec 19, 2013, 9:20 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Talking

I have to say the food and beverage choice in the GF is much improved since my last few visits. The hot buffet looks appealing the sandwiches are tasty and the champagne is an OK selection.

The afternoon tea and cheese section also looks good.

Finally a lounge I want to go into again!

aks120

Last edited by aks120; Dec 20, 2013 at 4:31 pm Reason: Spelling!!!
Old Dec 19, 2013, 9:38 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by aks120
The hot buffet looks appalling
Appealing or appalling? I am guessing the former based on what you posted
Old Dec 19, 2013, 9:55 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Originally Posted by KARFA
Appealing or appalling? I am guessing the former based on what you posted
Ha yes good spot - appealing! Bloody autocorrect

aks120
Old Dec 19, 2013, 9:57 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by aks120
Ha yes good spot - appealing! Bloody autocorrect

aks120
Good to know the food is looking improved. I shall be there next week so am looking forward to a few glasses of bubbly and something to eat.
Old Dec 20, 2013, 9:50 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Stollen. I'm in heaven...

Old Dec 20, 2013, 9:58 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Silver, Alitalia Freccia Alata
Thanks to freshaz guesting me into the GF lounge, I was able to experience it for the first time and I have to say I was mightily impressed. The atmosphere to the booze was suburb in my opinion and I honestly could not find a single fault with it. Lovely lounge angle addressed me by name and gave a warm welcome. Staff were nice and outgoing and the calmness of the lounge was a godsend.

I do have to say that I was really impressed with the GF Eggs Benedict. Came with a proper hollandaise sauce as well. The breakfast buffet is of good quality as well. Perhaps I am a BA apologist but I found GF to be the best airport lounge I have ever been in.
Old Dec 20, 2013, 10:13 am

Programs: BA Gold
In T5 flounge now and I think food has improved recently. Have a glass of Taittinger Prelude and had a filling parsnip soup and salad.

Definitely an improvement on castelnau and the mouldy burger bun I have had earlier this year...
Old Dec 20, 2013, 3:37 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
First time in GF today when it's not breakfast time for while (was there 3pm onwards) and was pleasantly surprised with the food.

Very tasty chicken curry, good pork belly and a few other hot options. Cold options (including smoked chicken and salmon) was how I remembered "the old days" to be so overall, a thumbs up! ^
Old Mar 18, 2014, 6:12 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Housekeeping

I've archived the 2013 posts here and copied over all posts from 2014 into a new thread, which you can find here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ns-2014-a.html

Prospero
Moderator: BA forum

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.