Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 18, 2014, 6:15 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KARFA
This thread is archived - there is a Galleries First (Flounge) LHR 2015 menu thread here.

This thread gives the current catering options for the Galleries First Lounge (Flounge) in LHR Terminals 3 and 5. This lounge is open to BAEC Gold and oneworld Emerald card holders. Passengers flying BA on a First ticket can also use the Concorde Room. The catering supplier was changed on 2 May 2013 to BaxterStorey. Click here to see the former thread, which covered that turbulent period.

The current catering options in the First lounge can be found in the first post in the thread, or you can click here.

Catering options - other LHR lounges
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2014 - T5 only
Galleries Club lounges LHR: Dining menu and food options from 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 thread) - T3 and T5
International Lounge Terminal 1 LHR - catering options from May 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 thread) - T1 international flights

For the First and Club lounges in Gatwick and the UK domestic lounges in Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Belfast, Leeds, and Aberdeen:
First Lounge London Gatwick (North terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 thread) - see post 2 for the text of BA's leaflet on the supplier changeover
Galleries Club Lounge Gatwick (North Terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 thread)
UK Domestic lounges (outside London) - catering arrangments from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 thread)

For information on the BaxterStorey changeover in 2013:
New lounge catering contract : BaxterStorey replaces Compass - effective 1 May 2013
Your recent feedback on catering in our lounges - note from BA Executive Club.

BA Champagne & Wine Thread
The 2014 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air

Archived food & drink threads:
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2013 - T5 only
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5
The 2013 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2013, 7:12 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer

Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options from 30 October 2013

Hat tips to rxfleming, haasha and xenole for assistance with inputs to this thread this year. Some more updates expected in the next day or so, including for the buffet items.

Flounge Menu LHR: Entered service 22 October 2014

Breakfast

Please help yourself
For your convenience, there is a self-service buffet available for breakfast, including freshly grilled bacon, free range scrambled eggs, Dingley Dell pork sausages, black pudding, hash browns, grilled tomatoes, hash browns, and farmhouse toast. [Not mentioned but always on offer: mushrooms].

Brought to your table

Please order via one of our lounge hosts:

Traditional porridge oats served with honey and cinnamon, or sultanas and brown sugar.

Cured kippers served with poached egg

Great British breakfast sandwich with grilled back bacon and fried egg on a toasted wholemeal bloomer

Boiled egg with toasted toasted soldiers

Eggs benedict (actually only one egg).

(note that nothing is marked as vegetarian, but I guess the boiled egg and porridge must be).
Note that you can swap items around a bit, so it's OK to ask for kippers and fried eggs, for example.

Rest of the Day
Noon to close

Brought to your table
Please order via one of our lounge hosts

Soup of the day with fresh breads

Scottish Smoked Salmon Bagel - Severn & Wye smoked salmon on a toasted wholemeal bagel and chive cream cheese served with mixed leaf salad and kettle chips

BA Burger made with Aberdeen Angus beef served in a milk glazed roll with red onion marmalade, baby green lettuce, cherry tomatoes and dill pickle accompanied with twice cooked chips. Ask your host if you would like the addition of crispy back bacon or Mature English Cheddar.

Red Thai Chicken Curry with steamed rice an a cucumber and tomato salad finished with coconut and poppy seeds

Duck Egg Salad - soft boiled duck egg with French beans, new potatoes, Kalamata olives, cherry tomatoes, pea shoots and red onions with a vinaigrette dressing

Macaroni Cheese

Ice creams:
Chocolate Ice Cream
Vanilla Ice Cream
Mango & Lime Sorbet
Gin & Tonic Sorbet
Cheeses

Somerset Camembert, coastal Cheddar and Shropshire Blue with apple and Somerset cider brandy chutney and Bath Oliver biscuits
My experience is that the precise selection of cheeses will alter somewhat, and some may come from somewhere which hasn't been British for quite a while, but it's all good, however frankly you may as well serve yourself from the buffet. Note you may find apple chutney on the hot buffet table end.

Buffet items - serve yourself

For your convenience, there is a self-service buffet available, including a selection of fresh salads, hot dishes and indulgent treats

Salad Bar

These items rotate, and typically include many of the following.

Poached salmon slices
Chargrilled salad chicken slices
Mozzarella slices with pesto sauce
Ruby coleslaw
Five bean salad
Potato and spring onion salad
"Fruited rice with sultana" [CWS made up title, there's no label]
Beetroot and carrot and pumpkin seed salad
Morroccan bulgar wheat and chickpea salad
Mixed leaves
Cucumbers
Tomatoes
Grated cheddar cheese
Self serve hot buffet bar

Tom's ham hock and pea pie
or
Tom's mushroom and spinach pie

Portuguese spiced chicken
or
Chicken tagine

Honey roasted bacon loin with parsley cream

Chilli con carne

Spinach and Marscarpone pie (v)

Brocolli and carrot mix

Rice with vegetables

Parmentier potatoes
Self serve desserts - served cold
Treacle and stem ginger tart
Toffee and pecan cheesecake
Self serve sandwiches [new flavours]
These are on a two week rotation, this is one of the two.

Chicken and rocket
Freshly poached salmon and dill mayonnaise
Free range egg and sunblushed tomato
British smoked ham, caramelised onion confit and watercress

Cakes
Now available from 14:30 until approx 18 hrs.
Scones with Roddas clotted cream and jam
Fruit loaf
Carrot cake
Madeira cake
Red Velvet cake
Toffee cake slice
Victoria sponge cake
Hot drinks
Bean to cup coffee, premium tea selection and hot chocolate

The refreshers
Fresh squeezes of the day, mineral waters and soft drinks

Grazing options
Other food available in the lounge, in no particular order: lightly salted kettle chips, nibble jars (e.g. savoury mix, wasabi beans), Island Bakery Organics biscuits (again in Avery jars), sliced meats and salamis (chorizo, Wiltshire Honey Roast ham, Salami Napoli), cheese and cheese biscuits. In the morning there is a cereal range, Weetabix, stewed and dried fruit, bread rolls. Sandwiches are also available from lunchtime onwards.

Photographs are in several postings below, notably posts number 78, 88 and 107.

Commentary:
Breakfast changes from Oct 2013: new menu cards but only small changes (extra porridge option). Lunch and supper options have been somewhat de-glooped, the curry is quite lumpy with vegetables, so it's just the chilli con carne, which has had some recipe changes. See above wiki for links for other lounges. There is a well developed thread for 2012 which you can find here, it has many photos and reviews in it:
Galleries First (Flounge): Dining menu and food options

Posting update
16 Jan 2013 - Original post, first new menu of 2013
12 March 2013 - note about beef supply issues.
2 May 2013 - updated with the new BaxterStorey menu. [URL="http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/20687819-post48.html"]The previous menu can be found in this post
5 May 2013 - minor corrections
7 May 2013 - photo information.
29 May 2013 - updates
2 June 2013 - cake and other updates /corrections.
24 June 2013 - menu updated for ribs
24 July 2013 - Eggs benedict now in Flounge
1 Nov 2013 - New menu from 30 October
12 Nov 2013 - Minor corrections and updates
14 Nov 2013 - New main dish rotations
13 Mar 2014 - New Summer 2014 menu
14 Mar 2014 - Buffet update
10 Jun 2014 - Mozzarella update
23 Oct 2014 - New winter menu.
6 Nov 2014 - Adding desserts information

Last edited by corporate-wage-slave; Nov 6, 2014 at 12:13 pm
Old Jan 4, 2014, 10:41 am

Programs: Lots, some no/low status some high status, can't be bothered to list them :-)
We visited GF in December and compared to our last visit in September the food quality has improved dramatically. Unless I wanted to be really picky I couldn't really find fault with the lounge offerings in the afternoon considering it is just a first class airline lounge.
Old Jan 6, 2014, 12:27 pm

Programs: Recovering AA flyer, LT PLT 2.6 MM
Originally Posted by Private Pyle
We visited GF in December and compared to our last visit in September the food quality has improved dramatically.
That's great to hear.

Now, I wonder when are BA/BS going to request a reinspection and why they haven't done so yet...
Old Jan 6, 2014, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by sinanju
Now, I wonder when are BA/BS going to request a reinspection and why they haven't done so yet...
Quality might have improved, but has hygiene? Food safety inspections are nothing to do with quality/choice.
Old Jan 6, 2014, 2:20 pm

Programs: Meh
Originally Posted by Genius1
Quality might have improved, but has hygiene? Food safety inspections are nothing to do with quality/choice.
Has there been an official communication on how the corrected the hygiene issues?

Great to hear GF has improved lately.
Old Feb 10, 2014, 6:12 am

I had some dinner yesterday in T3 Flounge at around 17.35.

The buffet immediately after they brought it out was awesome. Really, really good. And I had already eaten myself decently full at the CX Flounge (fruits, satay and wonton noodle soup.... all were great also) so it can't be the hunger.

I had the lovely crisp pork belly, vegetable curry and thai chicken something. My friend had the mushroom pasta. We thought the food was amazing.

Don't know about the hygiene, but I feel fine.
Old Feb 10, 2014, 6:40 am

Programs: LH FTL, BA Silver, Thameslink Delay Repay
We were two of a handful of people in GF at 6:30am on Saturday, and it was so quiet it was almost surreal. The downside of that though was that the items on the buffet weren't being eaten quickly enough not to dry out under the heat lamps. The hash browns seemed to have suffered in particular.

That said, the food was still good enough and a huge step up from the "you can have anything as long as it's 90% carbs" approach of GC
Old Feb 10, 2014, 10:16 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Mucci de buveur de gin
Limited Tatty in the FLounge........1 bottle at the wee champagne bar down the back. None at the one in the middle on the way to the terrace. Thankfully I am down at the wee bar at the back and nobody else is here......

There's 2 bottles of pink Tatty too........rest is Castleneu (?)
Old Feb 10, 2014, 10:39 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton Gold, BA Gold
Eggs Benedict in F Lounge

I had the good fortune to be guested into the F lounge twice in the last 4 months and I was tipped off to the superb Eggs Benedict by my companion. He also told me you can ask for 2 at onece, which makes for a delicious full breakfast prior to getting on my typical LHR-PHL flight home after noon on Fridays.

I'll be making Gold myself in May so I won't need any more help enjoying those eggs for at least a year! ^

The Galleries lounge food has absolutely taken a turn for the worse in the last 12 months but then again when I am there the lounge is always jammed so it is obvious money was flying out of there at too great a clip.
Old Feb 10, 2014, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by tentativetraveller
I had some dinner yesterday in T3 Flounge at around 17.35.

The buffet immediately after they brought it out was awesome. Really, really good. And I had already eaten myself decently full at the CX Flounge (fruits, satay and wonton noodle soup.... all were great also) so it can't be the hunger.

I had the lovely crisp pork belly, vegetable curry and thai chicken something. My friend had the mushroom pasta. We thought the food was amazing.

Don't know about the hygiene, but I feel fine.
I would say amazing is pushing it a bit, but overall it's fine now. There's enough to choose from if you need a quick meal, although I still prefer ordering from the menu.

It's certainly improved from when BaxterStorey first took over.

Hopefully the hygiene issues are all in the past.
Old Feb 13, 2014, 12:46 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
In here for breakfast for the first time. Lots of choice and fresh and hot!

I have been here a few times in the evening recently and I believe the quality has improved dramatically - I think it is back to what I expect from a BA First class lounge.

aks120
Old Feb 13, 2014, 2:15 am

Programs: Budding BA Bronze, MPC Gold
How early have people got food off the main menu in the lounge? I’ll be on a 1pm flight so hoping to get in early, have some eggs then something of the main menu about 11.30.
Old Feb 13, 2014, 6:55 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Originally Posted by yokozuma
How early have people got food off the main menu in the lounge? I’ll be on a 1pm flight so hoping to get in early, have some eggs then something of the main menu about 11.30.
They do breakfast items off the main menu until 12:00 then it is the burgers etc in the afternoon. With the timings you are looking at you may end with 2 breakfast meals

aks120
Old Feb 20, 2014, 11:16 pm
Ambassador: Oneworld Alliance

Programs: BA Gold (GGL), Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, Marriott Gold
Five star food hygiene

I had a perfectly good lunch in the GF lounge yesterday - bun-free burger, nice chips, all topped off with a spoonful of chili. Excellent cheesecake all washed down with perfetly servicable reds.
I spoke to the manager, complimenting him on the improvement from the early dark days. He was an ex from the fromer provider. He told me that last week they had been re-inspected, and told they would be getting a five star certification from the local authority for food hygiene. The official notification should come in the next week or so.
Old Feb 21, 2014, 12:10 am

Programs: Lots, some no/low status some high status, can't be bothered to list them :-)
Originally Posted by squeeler
I had a perfectly good lunch in the GF lounge yesterday - bun-free burger, nice chips, all topped off with a spoonful of chili. Excellent cheesecake all washed down with perfetly servicable reds.
I spoke to the manager, complimenting him on the improvement from the early dark days. He was an ex from the fromer provider. He told me that last week they had been re-inspected, and told they would be getting a five star certification from the local authority for food hygiene. The official notification should come in the next week or so.
The 5 star inspection has already reported on another thread but thanks for the feedback.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.