Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 17, 2013, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KARFA
This thread is archived - there is a Galleries First (Flounge) LHR 2014 menu thread here.

This thread gives the current catering options for the Galleries First Lounge (Flounge) in LHR terminals 3 and 5. This lounge is open to BAEC Gold and oneworld Emerald card holders. Passengers flying BA on a First ticket can also use the Concorde Room. The catering supplier was changed on 2 May 2013 to BaxterStorey.

The current catering options in the First lounge can be found in the first post in the thread, or you can click here. For photos: click here.

Catering options - other LHR lounges
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2013 - T5 only
Galleries Club lounge LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5.
International Lounge Terminal 1 LHR - catering options from May 2013 - T1 international flights

For the lounges in Gatwick and UK domestic lounges in Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow and Aberdeen:
First Lounge London Gatwick (North terminal): Catering options from April 2013 - see post 2 for the text of BA's leaflet on the supplier changeover.
Galleries Club Lounge Gatwick (North Terminal): Catering options from April 2013
UK Domestic lounges (outside London) - catering arrangments from April 2013

For information on the BaxterStorey changeover:
New lounge catering contract : BaxterStorey replaces Compass - eff 1 May 2013
Your recent feedback on catering in our lounges - Note from BA Executive Club.
Print Wikipost

Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2013, 12:18 am

Programs: BA/EC Silver
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
Originally Posted by Joely
Not being someone who has visited the lounge before but may be doing soon, is it just the beef burger that's bad or is all the made to order stuff ropey?
You get the distinct feeling that some of the "made to order" stuff is hoiked off a similar buffet arrangement in a back room or is left for some time after being prepared before being delivered.
+1 It's always been lukewarm at nest whenever I have had it. Such a shame. I wish they'd bring a fish dish back - was on there once and was fairly good (and popular).
Old Jan 17, 2013, 1:29 am
uk1
Suspended

below

Last edited by uk1; Jan 28, 2013 at 11:41 am
Old Jan 17, 2013, 2:49 am

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.0.4; en-gb; SAMSUNG GT-I9100/I9100BVLPH Build/IMM76D) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

You just need to order the burger without cheese - always seems to be hot then. Unlike the wedges, which are very variable.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 3:30 am

Programs: BA Gold IHG Ambassador Spire Shangri La Diamond
Originally Posted by ag51
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.0.4; en-gb; SAMSUNG GT-I9100/I9100BVLPH Build/IMM76D) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

You just need to order the burger without cheese - always seems to be hot then. Unlike the wedges, which are very variable.
Good advice, I generally find, wherever I am and this goes beyond BA F lounges, if you order a minor variant, it is a fresh cook, but a standard order can just come off the line and be "iffy"
The downside is in some places a variant takes a life time to arrive especially when the "chef" is on his/her tea break
Old Jan 17, 2013, 1:30 pm

Programs: CX Green | UA Silver | Marriott Lifetime Platinum | Hyatt Globalist | Hilton Gold | AA EXP
I originally asked for the ricotta tortellini with wild mushrooms but was told they ran out - was it because I was there on the 15th which is right before it is removed from the menu? Anyway, I decided to try what seems to be the infamous burger.

BA Gourmet Beef Burger: Croxton Manor cheddar, potato wedges and garden salad

Last edited by Rivarix; Jan 17, 2013 at 1:38 pm
Old Jan 18, 2013, 6:57 am

Programs: TK/SQ Gold, QR Plat, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, HH Gold, Hertz PC
What time exactly is the breakfast available until?
Old Jan 18, 2013, 6:58 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite Plus
Breakfast available until noon.

Just had the mushroom soup, was really good!
Old Jan 28, 2013, 9:34 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond
Some pictures of a few of the new items...

Tarte Tatin, BA F Lounge, LHR T5

Really quite unpleasant - cold stodgy pastry with undercooked lumps of shallot and an overwhelming amount of the blue cheese (and I LIKE blue cheese!). Didn't get finished.

Ravioli, BA F Lounge, LHR T5

Slightly better, was cold by the time I got it, but as BA's pasta dishes go, reasonably tasty and pretty substantial. Could have done with more seasoning...
Old Jan 28, 2013, 11:39 am
uk1
Suspended

T3 F

I had the somewhat bizzare service in T3.

We ordered the wonton soup followed by the curry followed by pudding to have them all put on the table the same time.

I asked whether they normally wait until delivering the main course until passengers had finished their soup and was told that as the restaurant was empty and chef had no one else to cook for he did it all at the same time.

Quite annoying really and one sort of expect a bit more intelligence from an F lounge.

I asked if there was any LP champs ... was told there wasn't any because it was "too expensive" and that "everyone was asking for it so could I write and complain".

Old Feb 16, 2013, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is the proper coffee only available at breakfast?
I take it none of the desserts currently come with ice-cream?
Old Feb 18, 2013, 7:02 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by hugolover
Is the proper coffee only available at breakfast?
I take it none of the desserts currently come with ice-cream?
My poor layout (and equally so the BA Menu card). Proper coffee, which comes from a serve yourself machine, is available at all times. It may come from a machine but it's freshly ground from beans of a reasonable quality, so perfectly drinkable. CCR does have a proper Italian style pressure drive espresso machine.

The bread and butter pudding comes with "apple butter", which isn't quite ice cream but I doubt you would complain. You could ask for ice cream from the server - apparently there is some served in the Galleries Club lounge upstairs and they may have some to hand in the kitchen.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for your reply. Most appreciated. I've had the mushroom soup, quite OK. The terrine is quite poor as a terrine eater, if one can say that, probably the worst ever, dry, too hard. But its nice they try.

Most surprising is as with the burger thread they haven't got a temporary replacement for the two unavail items. Its really not difficult to offer something else!
Old Mar 11, 2013, 2:26 pm

Location: in your favourite lounge, clearing the whole buffet
Programs: LH Maximizer of the year, BA Blue Label killer
Tried the Chicken Rendang tonight. The Hors, er, Beef Rendang was mich better.

Such a pity they don't serve the cheese board on the stone plate anymore. had been much more appealing.
Old Mar 11, 2013, 5:15 pm

The food in the F lounges in London really is sub optimal. If they can't service the numbers, then they need to re-evaluate how and what they offer to customers,
PGberkshire likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2013, 9:26 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by uk1
I had the somewhat bizzare service in T3.

We ordered the wonton soup followed by the curry followed by pudding to have them all put on the table the same time.
This happened to me in T5 recently. My chicken (!) rendang was cold by the time I'd done the soup. It's just sloppily inconsistent and inconsiderate. Just the kind of thing which would be most likely to annoy frequent flyers. They should add a note to the menu saying "If you order multiple courses, we will sometimes deliver it to you at once".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.