Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013

Old May 17, 2013, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KARFA
This thread is archived - there is a Galleries First (Flounge) LHR 2014 menu thread here.

This thread gives the current catering options for the Galleries First Lounge (Flounge) in LHR terminals 3 and 5. This lounge is open to BAEC Gold and oneworld Emerald card holders. Passengers flying BA on a First ticket can also use the Concorde Room. The catering supplier was changed on 2 May 2013 to BaxterStorey.

The current catering options in the First lounge can be found in the first post in the thread, or you can click here. For photos: click here.

Catering options - other LHR lounges
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2013 - T5 only
Galleries Club lounge LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5.
International Lounge Terminal 1 LHR - catering options from May 2013 - T1 international flights

For the lounges in Gatwick and UK domestic lounges in Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow and Aberdeen:
First Lounge London Gatwick (North terminal): Catering options from April 2013 - see post 2 for the text of BA's leaflet on the supplier changeover.
Galleries Club Lounge Gatwick (North Terminal): Catering options from April 2013
UK Domestic lounges (outside London) - catering arrangments from April 2013

For information on the BaxterStorey changeover:
New lounge catering contract : BaxterStorey replaces Compass - eff 1 May 2013
Your recent feedback on catering in our lounges - Note from BA Executive Club.
Print Wikipost

Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013

Old May 10, 2013, 1:55 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
That is sooo funny, but hey lets not give BA or BaxterStorey ideas please!!!
Old May 10, 2013, 2:00 am

Programs: BA Gold, Flying Blue ivory
Originally Posted by LeeT
That is sooo funny, but hey lets not give BA or BaxterStorey ideas please!!!
Very true. Could I urge other FTers to give as much feedback to BA as possible on the changes?
Old May 10, 2013, 3:19 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
This is a shame. I always rated the Flounge food on a par with the EK J catering at DXB. From the look of some of these photos it would seem we're heading more towards the AA way of feeding people; in a trough or not at all.
Old May 10, 2013, 4:01 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, BA Amex PP
Looks ghastly, Baxter Storey were a huge improvement at my workplace so can only be that BA have purchased their meanest "bargain buffet" option possible. Probably means Plane Food next time than touch that Iceland/Bejam/Farmfoods pigswill!
Old May 10, 2013, 6:36 am

Programs: BAEC
I fear this may all be my fault. I will be earning a gold card for the first time this year - and from the photos posted it looks like the GF food has been enhanced to the old GC standard.

I actually thought I could escape the slop troughs of chilli and curry and instead enjoy the real food previously available in GF and which I had been lucky enough to sample once in a while.

Looks like I was being hopelessly naive.

To my eyes, the GF offerings look shockingly poor - and very low budget.
Old May 10, 2013, 7:49 am

Programs: MUCCI, BA LTG/GGL/CCR, AF PLAT, ETHIHAD AND LH USELESS PLASTIC
Popped into GF briefly last week (didn't have time to order from the menu) but I would describe the buffet options as unappetizing and unacceptable. No staff to be found and again, a shortage of glasses

Will allow until the end of this month for things to settle down before complaining officially though.
Old May 10, 2013, 8:03 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
Originally Posted by Swanhunter
It was my first time since Feb but it certainly wasn't present then.
End of April visits on trip to Prague still had the old setup with cold buffet and menu in dining room.

I would also add to High Life's point that cutlery and glasses were not always very clean and often short or unavailable. I would have to think this is new service teething issues, it would be bizarre if this were to be the new standard for such a lounge. I can understand how we get to cheaper food, poorly rinsed utensils of various kinds are much harder to justify purely in terms of cost cutting.
Old May 10, 2013, 8:03 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by HighLife
... Will allow until the end of this month for things to settle down before complaining officially though.
I've not been in the Flounge since the changeover but if these changes truly are as bad as reported here I'd be officially complaining on every visit. BA might otherwise consider the changes as 'warmly welcomed'.

Whilst it has been reported here the new offering is to be phased in over a period, not complaining might send the wrong message to BA.
Old May 10, 2013, 8:16 am

Programs: MUCCI, BA LTG/GGL/CCR, AF PLAT, ETHIHAD AND LH USELESS PLASTIC
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
I've not been in the Flounge since the changeover but if these changes truly are as bad as reported here I'd be officially complaining on every visit. BA might otherwise consider the changes as 'warmly welcomed'.

Whilst it has been reported here the new offering is to be phased in over a period, not complaining might send the wrong message to BA.
I think that unofficial complaints via this thread will be making certain people at BA extremely uncomfortable right now, and so I consider this a pretty good start and better than the swamped CR department.

If things are not seriously improved soon though I for one will be writing straight to Frank van der Post and others at Waterside.
Old May 10, 2013, 8:17 am

Programs: Lots, some no/low status some high status, can't be bothered to list them :-)
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK

Agreed. If you're not happy say something straight away. If you walk in and walk out without saying anything they assume it's yet another happy customer.
There appears to be some complaints but I bet most people are just playing wait and see. If everyone told them how they felt things 'might' change a little bit quicker.
Old May 10, 2013, 8:31 am

Programs: GGL
I am there right now. Buffet sucks and ordered a sandwich 30 minutes ago which has yet to appear
Old May 10, 2013, 8:37 am

Originally Posted by cjb666
I am there right now. Buffet sucks and ordered a sandwich 30 minutes ago which has yet to appear
Can you post a picture of today's prison food offering?
Old May 10, 2013, 8:38 am

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
Originally Posted by HighLife
I think that unofficial complaints via this thread will be making certain people at BA extremely uncomfortable right now, and so I consider this a pretty good start and better than the swamped CR department.

If things are not seriously improved soon though I for one will be writing straight to Frank van der Post and others at Waterside.
I don't know that the whining on FT is going to be taken seriously. Far better to complain early and complain often, directly to BA.
Old May 10, 2013, 8:47 am

Programs: BA Gold, Flying Blue ivory
Originally Posted by HilFly
I don't know that the whining on FT is going to be taken seriously. Far better to complain early and complain often, directly to BA.
Agreed. Complain to the lounge manager, and complain to CR. I'm not sure that complaining on here will do much good.
Old May 10, 2013, 9:26 am

Programs: GGL
Originally Posted by angatol
Can you post a picture of today's prison food offering?
It is just lots of sauce in long dishes. On offer today is orange sauce, yellow sauce and brown sauce. So if you don't want hot there is some lettuce and a horribly peppery coleslaw. Everything else is empty. Oh, and there might be rice for the sauce but that is empty. No cheese but you cane get strange bread rolls in a sack... Even the butter is some odd low cost brand.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.