Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 30, 2015, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: S_W_S
European BA destinations without lounge access.
As investigated by FlyerTalk's very own c-w-s. (See post.)

No lounge, and no other lounge in airport: Typically these airports also have very limited facilities airside
BGO, BIA, BIQ, CFU, CHQ, CMF, EFL, EGC, FDH, FSC, FUE, GNB, GRX, JSI, JTR, KGS, KLX, LEI, LIG, MAH, MJV, NTE, OVD, PUY (their VIP lounge isn't available to passengers), PVK, UIP, ZTH (LCY has an external lounge in a separate building, so in the CIP category).

No lounge, but vouchers provided
LPA perhaps temporarily as of 1 May 2019

No lounge for BA, but there is for other airlines / Priority Pass
ACE, CAG (see this post), CGN (route suspended), FNC, HER (lounge opening times restricted), HUY (route suspended), KRK, OLB (BA charter CE can use lounge however), OPO, NUE (lounge is airside but register landside) Lounge at NUE now available to BA PAX (see this post), PMO (lounge closed until end of 2022), SKG , SPU, STR, SVQ. For RHO (see this post), TLL (route suspended).

No lounge for BA, but airport CIP lounge available
BDS (but very limited in scope, €25 online), BJV (€25 walk up fee), JMK (also PP), LCY (separate building), MPL (€18),

New routes with lounge
AAL, BIO, FLR, INV, KRK, VLC.

Print Wikipost

BA Lounge Database | Europe

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2022, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
ORK's Aspire lounge has had a very considerable upgrade and now has:
  • Full complimentary bar – soft limit of 2 alcoholic drinks per person. Guinness and Heineken are on draft, everything else is bottles.
  • Barry's Tea or fancy tea, coffee machine
  • Post-mix drink dispenser (self service) for Pepsi Max/Diet, Tango, and 7Up
  • Choice of juices and sparking/still water
  • Other soft drinks such as Fanta Lemon as well as mineral water behind the bar
  • Hot food! Mornings it's Irish breakfast, pastries and cereal, rest of day a choice of 3 dishes – when I last visited it was 3 Bean stew, chicken à la king with rice, and red pesto pasta.
  • Soup and bread
  • Cheese, salads, and crackers
  • Nice cakes of the sort that are €3 over in the food court
  • afternoon tea: scones with jam & cream
  • Taytos
This is considerably better than LHR Aer Lingus lounge and indeed any lounge around Ireland, and close to LHR Galleries Club for what is offered, if not for size.

Access rules remain the same – BA Silver and above flying to LHR (no guest), Aer Lingus Advantage or Aerspace fares or Silver card (no guest), Platinum or Concierge card (one guest), cardholder and guest must be flying anywhere on EI. Usual assortment of lounge passes accepted too.
Old Sep 5, 2022, 12:44 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Rotterdam

Rotterdam Prima lounge was open September 2022 and we were directed there at check in. It is upstairs after security and before passport, and not far from passport control for non Schenegen. Not very exciting, and had run out of gin the day we visited. Only beer is Heineken, but a choice of wines etc.

Entrance area

Room1

Main Lounge

Bar/Food
alex67500, KARFA and EDIwanderer like this.
Old Oct 4, 2022, 4:50 am

Programs: BAEC GFL, GGL, Hilton Diamond, EuroBonus Gold for Life, SPG Plat Elite
Smile Lounge at OTP (Bucharest)

Travelling from OTP on Saturday 01 October and for the first time in 2 years was handed a lounge invitation. Finally BA are offering lounge access.
The lounge is the TAROM Business Lounge up the escalator by Gate 03.
Nothing to write home about food and alcohol wise; in fact it is guarded and served to you but the lounge is large and light and appears newly refurbished.
Certainly a better place to wait for the flight than by the departure gates with their lack of seating..
Old Oct 10, 2022, 11:05 am
Ambassador: Oneworld Alliance

Programs: BA Gold (GGL), Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, Marriott Gold
Heraklion (HER)

Recent trip from HER, when 4 BA flights departed.
There are two lounges - one each side of passports. BA check-in desk directed to the pre-passport lounge. Staff there told us to go to the post-passport lounge, which we did.

Shocking little corridors, dreadful food offering, booze - splits of white wine and rose. Many passengers cleaning their own tables. Really poor.
T8191 likes this.
Old Oct 15, 2022, 8:36 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Platinum
Bodrum-MIlas (BJV)

I'm currently in the lounge at Bodrum (BJV). At checkin (online not available) you get a slip inviting you into the 3rd party "Prime Class" lounge. A decent sized space but the facilities are very basic: a drinks fridge (alcoholic and non-alcoholic), coffee machine and a few bowls of nibbles which get hoovered up as soon as they are put out. Free wifi works well.

TrainDriverSparky likes this.
Old Oct 15, 2022, 9:05 am

Programs: BA silver, Accor platinum, HH silver, M&M
Originally Posted by Prospero
BRU Brussels

Pier B is now diamond lounge
Old Oct 16, 2022, 2:49 am

Programs: ASLEF
Originally Posted by Camflyer
I'm currently in the lounge at Bodrum (BJV). At checkin (online not available) you get a slip inviting you into the 3rd party "Prime Class" lounge.
From your pictures, it looks like a pleasant space to kill time even if the F&B offering is lacking. Is there much to be seen from the windows?
Old Oct 16, 2022, 7:27 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by TrainDriverSparky
From your pictures, it looks like a pleasant space to kill time even if the F&B offering is lacking. Is there much to be seen from the windows?
There is a full view of the runway but it's not a very active airport this late in the season so there's no much to see. It had one of the shortest taxis I've ever seen at an airport. We had taken off a couple of minutes after leaving the gate. 10 rows of CE which were absolutely full so BA much be doing some business on the route.

Overall a pretty decent airport and much better than Dalaman if going to the Bodrum/Marmaris area.
Old Oct 16, 2022, 11:47 am

Programs: BA; IHG; LHW; Hilton
Originally Posted by windsock
Rotterdam Prima lounge was open September 2022 and we were directed there at check in. It is upstairs after security and before passport, and not far from passport control for non Schenegen. Not very exciting, and had run out of gin the day we visited. Only beer is Heineken, but a choice of wines etc.

Entrance area

Room1

Main Lounge

Bar/Food
Just by way of an update from last week – they wanted confirmation that I was gold, and not silver when travelling in ET. I’m sure that’s not correct, but it wasn’t an issue. This is a very small lounge. The food selection was really rather good for lunch, with two types of pasta as well as several things leftover from breakfast including sliced bread and a toaster, croissant et cetera. Staff seemed unsure about how to open the fizzy wine – but I made sure there was plenty and took it round to other people who wanted it. One member of staff seems to try to do everything – round the Front desk, top up the food and clear away the dishes. The lavatories are just outside and there’s even a smoking area across the hallway, out in the open air. Altogether rather splendid!
PS – there were three types of gin, including Bols.
Old Oct 23, 2022, 9:05 pm

Originally Posted by Prospero
TLS Toulouse
Just to update that the opening times indicated for TLS Croix du Sud lounge is incorrect.

I turned up around 2 pm on a Saturday - and it was SHUT! Funnily enough another BA flight captain turned up right behind me and expressed frustration also.

Turns out it opens 05:15 - 21:00 for Mondays to Fridays, and 14:00 - 21:00 on Sundays.

But for Saturdays, it opens 05:15 - 12:00!! (yes it CLOSES at 12 NOON, even though there are many flights that depart throughout Saturday afternoon... only in France...)
Old Oct 24, 2022, 1:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
HER (Heraklion). Experienced the SkyServ Lounge on Saturday. Poorly signed and after Passport Control. Ambience akin to a Doctor's waiting room. Food [rolls etc] all pre-wrapped and really awful with minimal filling. Wine in mini-bottles. No view.

Reception

Seating

Bar/Buffet

Smoked Salmon with Cream Cheese - spot the cheese!
squeeler and Calchas like this.
Old Oct 24, 2022, 2:52 am

Programs: BA Gold
T8191 you know sometimes I think people on here can be a bit harsh with their critiques but my goodness you're spot on with HER. It looks like my dentist's office!
T8191 and Calchas like this.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 7:19 am

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
We're flying back from SZG in ET on the 2nd Jan, and we have 2 silver cards between the 4 of us. This thread indicates the Business Lounge is accessible, but the Salzburg Airport website states:
  • Business Class passengers and eligible status customers from Eurowings, Lufthansa, Turkish Airlines and Flydubai as well as Priority Pass members have free entry to the Business Lounge at Salzburg Airport.

...which seems pretty detailed, but omits any OneWorld reference... does anyone know if we are going to be able to get in?
Old Oct 26, 2022, 7:40 am

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
OSL doesn't seem great, any idea if the premium section has re-opened? tia
Old Oct 26, 2022, 10:26 am

Programs: BA Executive Club - Gold
I flew out of Salzburg earlier this year on an economy ticket and was able to visit the business lounge with a guest.

Don't be too worieed if when you get in, the room is packed and tiny, they have further rooms they open up as the lounge gets busier.

Food improves greatly when the breakfast stuff goes away and lunch stuff is bought out.
ratechaser likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.