Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 30, 2015, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: S_W_S
European BA destinations without lounge access.
As investigated by FlyerTalk's very own c-w-s. (See post.)

No lounge, and no other lounge in airport: Typically these airports also have very limited facilities airside
BGO, BIA, BIQ, CFU, CHQ, CMF, EFL, EGC, FDH, FSC, FUE, GNB, GRX, JSI, JTR, KGS, KLX, LEI, LIG, MAH, MJV, NTE, OVD, PUY (their VIP lounge isn't available to passengers), PVK, UIP, ZTH (LCY has an external lounge in a separate building, so in the CIP category).

No lounge, but vouchers provided
LPA perhaps temporarily as of 1 May 2019

No lounge for BA, but there is for other airlines / Priority Pass
ACE, CAG (see this post), CGN (route suspended), FNC, HER (lounge opening times restricted), HUY (route suspended), KRK, OLB (BA charter CE can use lounge however), OPO, NUE (lounge is airside but register landside) Lounge at NUE now available to BA PAX (see this post), PMO (lounge closed until end of 2022), SKG , SPU, STR, SVQ. For RHO (see this post), TLL (route suspended).

No lounge for BA, but airport CIP lounge available
BDS (but very limited in scope, €25 online), BJV (€25 walk up fee), JMK (also PP), LCY (separate building), MPL (€18),

New routes with lounge
AAL, BIO, FLR, INV, KRK, VLC.

Print Wikipost

BA Lounge Database | Europe

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2022, 9:23 am

Programs: ASLEF
Originally Posted by TrainDriverSparky
Is there any update on lounge provision for BA use at Nuremberg?
I'm happy to report that BA passengers are now able to use the Dürer Lounge at Nürnberg (NUE)
Old Jul 15, 2022, 6:06 pm

Update for those travelling from Faro, the CIP lounge reopened last week
Old Jul 16, 2022, 2:31 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, TK Gold, Eurostar CB, FB Explorer
Originally Posted by Genius1
My suspicion is BA are going to let this lounge go. All other BA-operated lounges are now open, and there was a post on LinkedIn from BA's lounge manager a few weeks ago saying 'all BA lounges are now open again'.
The lounge at AMS wasn't / isn't operated by BA, and hasn't been for some time : changed in 2019 I think.
Old Jul 16, 2022, 2:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by happyintheair
The lounge at AMS wasn't / isn't operated by BA, and hasn't been for some time : changed in 2019 I think.
It is a BA-branded oneworld lounge, however, and is not therefore a third party lounge.
alex67500, KARFA and SxMan like this.
Old Jul 16, 2022, 3:16 am

Nice Airport Lounge

Hi
We are travelling BA, Nice - Belfast. We have a stop off in Gatwick and onward flight from Heathrow (all on the same day). We are business on the Heathrow - Belfast but economy on the first leg. Does anyone know if we are entitled to lounge access at Nice?
Thank you
Old Jul 16, 2022, 9:36 am

Programs: Honors Diamond
There is a new lounge! Without fanfare BA passengers can now use the Sala VIP at CAG.

I can’t tell you much about it Prospero to do the graphic as we were downgraded from Club and denied access (despite being told
at check-in we would have access).

I think it must be quite new as it isn’t on the Oneworld website and BA doesn’t appear on the list on the airport website. However the BA logo has been stuck on to the internal signage in the airport and the desk have a photocopy of BA access policy (the staff member consulted it when they were working out if we should have access).

The entrance is hard to find and is a narrow coridor to the left immediately after security. If you get to the shop you have gone to far.

http://www.sogaer.it/en/prima-vista-vip-lounge

Last edited by lcylocal; Jul 16, 2022 at 10:47 am
Old Jul 16, 2022, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by lcylocal
The entrance is hard to find and is a narrow coriander to the left immediately after security. If you get to the shop you have gone to far.
Sounds like a spicy journey.
SxMan and lcylocal like this.
Old Jul 16, 2022, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by Confus
Sounds like a spicy journey.
Pesky autocorrect!
Old Jul 16, 2022, 12:44 pm

Programs: BA; IHG; LHW; Hilton
Originally Posted by lcylocal
There is a new lounge! Without fanfare BA passengers can now use the Sala VIP at CAG.

I can’t tell you much about it Prospero to do the graphic as we were downgraded from Club and denied access (despite being told
at check-in we would have access).

I think it must be quite new as it isn’t on the Oneworld website and BA doesn’t appear on the list on the airport website. However the BA logo has been stuck on to the internal signage in the airport and the desk have a photocopy of BA access policy (the staff member consulted it when they were working out if we should have access).

The entrance is hard to find and is a narrow coridor to the left immediately after security. If you get to the shop you have gone to far.

Prima Vista VIP Lounge | Sogaer
mention of a smoking area – so certainly worth seeking out.
Old Jul 16, 2022, 1:52 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by BLT78
Hi
We are travelling BA, Nice - Belfast. We have a stop off in Gatwick and onward flight from Heathrow (all on the same day). We are business on the Heathrow - Belfast but economy on the first leg. Does anyone know if we are entitled to lounge access at Nice?
Thank you
no lounge access in nice if in Y from nice to lgw
BLT78 likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2022, 4:47 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club (Silver)
Originally Posted by Prospero
VLC Valencia
Just a quick update with regards to the Valencia lounge. Showers are now available. There’s a
symbol (head and shoulders underneath a shower) indicating this at the entrance to the toilets along with the symbols for all the other facilities available.

The door of shower has a digilock however if you ask at reception they’ll let you into it. I didn’t use the facility however it looked like it was a single shower cubicle. I didn’t take any pictures as I felt lurking about the loos snapping discreet photos on my phone wasn’t going to end well!!

Another note about this lounge is that it has extra seating upstairs. It’s not usually open or easily visible however there are frosted glass doors next to the business centre area which if opened lead to stairs up to what’s essentially an overspill seating area with views over the tarmac.

If the lounge is essentially full, I’ve seen a couple query the lack of available seats and have the upstairs section opened up for them.
lcylocal likes this.

Last edited by GlasgowBlue; Jul 16, 2022 at 4:53 pm
Old Jul 17, 2022, 2:23 pm

Slight update on DLM, BA passengers are given a coupon at the lounge reception good for one free house alcoholic drink.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 2:49 pm

I have just been through the wiki for places with no lounge access, but have a lounge and compared it with the Oneworld tool and the airport website.

I think it is down to CTA and FNC as the two European airports that have lounges where there is no access. It’s unclear what the situation is in RHO. Oneworld says there is access to the Skyserv lounge now but there it is currently closed - though the airport website doesn’t mention the closure.
Old Jul 22, 2022, 12:24 pm

Programs: BAEC - Gold
Anyone been through Ljubljana since the new lounge opened? I’ve seen the post above but it doesn’t mention BA access - the oneworld website says yes (but has photos of the old lounge) and the airport website says no.
Old Jul 22, 2022, 3:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by TheFlyingCyclist
Anyone been through Ljubljana since the new lounge opened? I’ve seen the post above but it doesn’t mention BA access - the oneworld website says yes (but has photos of the old lounge) and the airport website says no.
The oneworld website is generally more up to date than airport websites.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.