Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 30, 2015, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: S_W_S
European BA destinations without lounge access.
As investigated by FlyerTalk's very own c-w-s. (See post.)

No lounge, and no other lounge in airport: Typically these airports also have very limited facilities airside
BGO, BIA, BIQ, CFU, CHQ, CMF, EFL, EGC, FDH, FSC, FUE, GNB, GRX, JSI, JTR, KGS, KLX, LEI, LIG, MAH, MJV, NTE, OVD, PUY (their VIP lounge isn't available to passengers), PVK, UIP, ZTH (LCY has an external lounge in a separate building, so in the CIP category).

No lounge, but vouchers provided
LPA perhaps temporarily as of 1 May 2019

No lounge for BA, but there is for other airlines / Priority Pass
ACE, CAG (see this post), CGN (route suspended), FNC, HER (lounge opening times restricted), HUY (route suspended), KRK, OLB (BA charter CE can use lounge however), OPO, NUE (lounge is airside but register landside) Lounge at NUE now available to BA PAX (see this post), PMO (lounge closed until end of 2022), SKG , SPU, STR, SVQ. For RHO (see this post), TLL (route suspended).

No lounge for BA, but airport CIP lounge available
BDS (but very limited in scope, €25 online), BJV (€25 walk up fee), JMK (also PP), LCY (separate building), MPL (€18),

New routes with lounge
AAL, BIO, FLR, INV, KRK, VLC.

Print Wikipost

BA Lounge Database | Europe

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2022, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by TedToToe
I had an email from BA today, informing me of a Terminal change at ARN from 2 to 5. First of all, I was surprised that it would have 5 terminals! I guess lounge access will be Menzies, but any other insights appreciated.
You will have access to the Norrsken lounge (operated by Menzies), per https://www.oneworld.com/airport-lounges?location=ARN
TedToToe likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 3:10 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Genius1
You will have access to the Norrsken lounge (operated by Menzies), per https://www.oneworld.com/airport-lounges?location=ARN
Ah, many thanks.
Genius1 likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 4:15 am

Programs: QF, TK, VA, SQ
Originally Posted by Prospero
OSL Oslo

Originally Posted by Genius1
For a full review of the OSL lounge (including its elusive shower!) see my latest trip report here:

The World’s Best Business Class Experience to the City in a Garden

Does anyone have any recent (e.g. post-2020) experience with the OSL lounge as a BA pax? We're going to have a few hours to kill at OSL in a couple of months' time between arrival of a long haul QR flight originating in SYD and our ticket home on BA (approx 4 hrs scheduled gap in the afternoon on a Sunday).

I'm a OWE (QF) and my partner is BA Silver, we're booked in Traveller at the moment; would our status allow us access to the "Premium" side of the OSL lounge (for a possibly much needed shower?). I was trying to find the COVID/Lounges thread but wasn't able to for some reason.

Worst case we can probably shower in Doha as we have 3hrs there, unless it's too busy to get a shower slow (I've tried to understand what time DOH gets busy from other threads in the QR forum, but never seem to be able to!
Old Apr 15, 2022, 5:53 am

Programs: BA Gold (and other non-status plastic)
Originally Posted by pythonisman
Does anyone have any recent (e.g. post-2020) experience with the OSL lounge as a BA pax? We're going to have a few hours to kill at OSL in a couple of months' time between arrival of a long haul QR flight originating in SYD and our ticket home on BA (approx 4 hrs scheduled gap in the afternoon on a Sunday).

I'm a OWE (QF) and my partner is BA Silver, we're booked in Traveller at the moment; would our status allow us access to the "Premium" side of the OSL lounge (for a possibly much needed shower?). I was trying to find the COVID/Lounges thread but wasn't able to for some reason.

Worst case we can probably shower in Doha as we have 3hrs there, unless it's too busy to get a shower slow (I've tried to understand what time DOH gets busy from other threads in the QR forum, but never seem to be able to!
I'm in here now, and the Premium side of the lounge is "indefinitely closed" (not surprising, as there's an EK and QR departing, and barely anyone in the main lounge, notwithstanding it's Good Friday). Tbh, I've spent several hours in the Premium lounge in the past and never noticed a shower before, and probably wouldn't want to use it, even if there was one - love OSL and all things Norgee, but everything here is utilitarian chic (think HEL AY Schengen lounge shower), so personally I'd use the one in DOH...
pythonisman likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 6:02 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by kt74
I'm in here now, and the Premium side of the lounge is "indefinitely closed" (not surprising, as there's an EK and QR departing, and barely anyone in the main lounge, notwithstanding it's Good Friday). Tbh, I've spent several hours in the Premium lounge in the past and never noticed a shower before, and probably wouldn't want to use it, even if there was one - love OSL and all things Norgee, but everything here is utilitarian chic (think HEL AY Schengen lounge shower), so personally I'd use the one in DOH...
I have a long layover at OSL soon prior to a QR flight. What is the food and drink offering like at the lounge?
Old Apr 15, 2022, 6:27 am

Originally Posted by Neilgcal
I have a long layover at OSL soon prior to a QR flight. What is the food and drink offering like at the lounge?
Minimal. Salad bar, soup of the day, all the drinks out of a pump (pepsi, "juice", beer, wine)... but there's a big bowl of jaffa cakes and non-alcoholic Blue Nun (really!). And I think some cava if you're desperate

If you're still hungry, there's a Jamie Oliver restaurant in the terminal - clearly not *all* of his restaurants went bust - y'know, in case you need any turkey twizzlers...
ENTP and Neilgcal like this.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 6:33 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Thanks for the info. Sounds pretty basic, I guess we shall weigh up between the peace and quiet and poor offering on the day or stay in the main terminal.

Non alcoholic Blue Nun and Jaffa Cakes could be a winning combo??!!
kt74 and abraxias like this.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 6:42 am

Originally Posted by Neilgcal
Thanks for the info. Sounds pretty basic, I guess we shall weigh up between the peace and quiet and poor offering on the day or stay in the main terminal.

Non alcoholic Blue Nun and Jaffa Cakes could be a winning combo??!!
on a serious note, OSL is a lovely, peaceful and efficient airport. One of my fave ex-EUs, so it’s a win-win wherever you choose. Plenty of quiet nooks in the terminal and fast free wifi too
Neilgcal likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2022, 10:29 am

Programs: BAEC, Virgin Flying Club
'New' Vienna Lounge

Just flown back from Vienna on BA701. Agent at check in informed that BA are now using the 'new' Vienna Lounge. It is after security but before passport control.

Must say I was very impressed. Definitely a cut above the usual contract lounge. It indeed felt very new and was clean and large. It also has a great view of the airfield. There is a terrace too, but this was closed with staff saying it should open in around a month.

Food selection seemed pretty good, though I was unsure what most of it was despite having been to Austria a few times recently. Drink selection also seemed fairly good with the usual options available.

Definitely worth a visit, though must say the rest of airport seemed very nice.

Last edited by sbonathan; Apr 16, 2022 at 2:06 pm
Old Apr 16, 2022, 1:15 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
That's quite a step up at Vienna, the previous lounges were small and somewhat cramped, without much of a view.
Old Apr 16, 2022, 1:43 pm

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Platinum
Think that lounge has been created in what used to be a food court area?
Old Apr 17, 2022, 7:34 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Mucci: Classe de la Luxe Eternelle
Can anyone confirm if the lounge access at LYS Lyon has been restored? Not on the wiki but one world website suggests yes👌🏻
Old Apr 22, 2022, 7:39 am

I'm in here now, and the Premium side of the lounge is "indefinitely closed”
Update on OSL: Premium side is open today! But only seating and toilets, with catering still limited to the main lounge (ie no upgraded food and drink, like in the old days), and entrance not being policed. It is quieter on this side though, and big squishy sofas if anyone needs a snooze…
Old Apr 24, 2022, 12:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Update on OSL: Premium side is open today! But only seating and toilets, with catering still limited to the main lounge (ie no upgraded food and drink, like in the old days), and entrance not being policed. It is quieter on this side though, and big squishy sofas if anyone needs a snooze…
As long as the Premium Toilets aren't big and squishy too, I guess I'll survive a visit.
🙃
Old May 6, 2022, 5:52 am

Programs: BAEC. Gold
Traveled from Bari (Italy) last night on way to LGW
It says in the wiki there is no lounge available

Happened to wander up to the B gates, airside, just before passport control
Where there was a small VIP lounge in the corner

Popped my head in just on the off chance, mentioned One World
Receptionist glanced at her book and said no problem, took my exec club and flight number and waved me in

Small but pleasant lounge with toilets
Friendly helpful bar staff (she had lived in Brighton)
Nice local nibbles, focaccia and cakes etc, had coffee and a nice glass of wine

Last edited by Fatdickie; May 6, 2022 at 2:58 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.