Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 30, 2015, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: S_W_S
European BA destinations without lounge access.
As investigated by FlyerTalk's very own c-w-s. (See post.)

No lounge, and no other lounge in airport: Typically these airports also have very limited facilities airside
BGO, BIA, BIQ, CFU, CHQ, CMF, EFL, EGC, FDH, FSC, FUE, GNB, GRX, JSI, JTR, KGS, KLX, LEI, LIG, MAH, MJV, NTE, OVD, PUY (their VIP lounge isn't available to passengers), PVK, UIP, ZTH (LCY has an external lounge in a separate building, so in the CIP category).

No lounge, but vouchers provided
LPA perhaps temporarily as of 1 May 2019

No lounge for BA, but there is for other airlines / Priority Pass
ACE, CAG (see this post), CGN (route suspended), FNC, HER (lounge opening times restricted), HUY (route suspended), KRK, OLB (BA charter CE can use lounge however), OPO, NUE (lounge is airside but register landside) Lounge at NUE now available to BA PAX (see this post), PMO (lounge closed until end of 2022), SKG , SPU, STR, SVQ. For RHO (see this post), TLL (route suspended).

No lounge for BA, but airport CIP lounge available
BDS (but very limited in scope, €25 online), BJV (€25 walk up fee), JMK (also PP), LCY (separate building), MPL (€18),

New routes with lounge
AAL, BIO, FLR, INV, KRK, VLC.

Print Wikipost

BA Lounge Database | Europe

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2021, 12:09 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by mmxbreaks
BA doesn't offer any lounge access at Funchal (Madeira) from what I can see? TAP lounge (Priority Pass) seems to be the only option.
Anything I've missed?
All lounges at Funchal Airport are closed at the moment….well that was true when we were there last week
Old Nov 3, 2021, 3:31 pm

Hi All, does anyone know when the BA lounge in Amsterdam is likely to reopen. Most other lounges at the airport already are so seems stupid the BA one is still closed
Old Nov 3, 2021, 3:42 pm

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by JHodgson0801
Hi All, does anyone know when the BA lounge in Amsterdam is likely to reopen. Most other lounges at the airport already are so seems stupid the BA one is still closed
I read on here not so long ago that there are strong rumours that the BA lounge may not reopen.
Old Nov 4, 2021, 1:48 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by JHodgson0801
Eligible BA passengers are able to use the Aspire Lounge next door.
Old Nov 4, 2021, 12:45 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold *woodPlat LHFTL Marriott Lifetime Plat.
Can anybody update me on lounge access in FRA. The website shows that the Sakura lounge is only open from 1600 to service JAL flights, and BA does not seem to have access to any of the other lounges in T2. I have Gold status and will be flying CE
Old Nov 4, 2021, 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by friedberger
Can anybody update me on lounge access in FRA. The website shows that the Sakura lounge is only open from 1600 to service JAL flights, and BA does not seem to have access to any of the other lounges in T2. I have Gold status and will be flying CE
You already have the answer.
Old Nov 4, 2021, 4:51 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, MLife/Cosmo Identity Gold, Other Vegas too...
I think I am posting in the right place... first time flying BA in years. If you were flying a flight from LAX-LHR-TLV (Tel Aviv Israel) as an AA Platinum Pro booked in BA Business, which lounges would you visit if flying today based on what is open... and then pretending all lounges are open, which might you visit? I have a couple of VERY tight layovers and a couple of long ones, so just assume time is not an issue If you're curious, flight is from March 31 to 3rd week of April (I didn't realize I was going to be there during part of Passover, oh my).

Thanks!
Old Nov 5, 2021, 10:33 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
On the OneWorld site, the Apartment lounge at Copenhagen T2 does not have BA listed as an airline. However it IS listed under the Eventyr Lounge at T3... trouble is, the flights are currently running from T2!

I'm not actually booked to fly CE return, (nor do I have any status) but would consider a last minute upgrade if I knew I could get access to lounge and a good meal within. Any recent experiences?

EDIT: Further research tells me that it is 1 integrated terminal so I guess it's not an issue. Also looks like there may be some decent food options elsewhere in the airport.

Last edited by FamilyOf6; Nov 5, 2021 at 11:06 am
Old Nov 18, 2021, 1:39 am

Programs: ASLEF
FYI the JAL Sakura Lounges at Frankfurt T2 are currently closed.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 3:31 am

Programs: QF Gold
It seems that BCN is closed. There is no information on oneworld.com
Old Mar 2, 2022, 4:53 am

Programs: BAEC Gold/ GGL / Avis Preferred/ Hilton Honours Diamond
Originally Posted by davem4
It seems that BCN is closed. There is no information on oneworld.com
I was in the Lounge in BCN yesterday - Terminal 1 D gates area, operated by 3rd Party, so not sure what is going on on the website?

Last edited by m8_rotate; Mar 4, 2022 at 6:09 am Reason: spelling
Old Mar 3, 2022, 11:39 pm

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
Update from OTP - Only the TAROM lounge currently open but BA are not currently paying for access!

And, as mentioned previously, the lounge(s) are above gate 3 (TAROM) and gate 12 (MasterCard) - not above gate 7 as per the guide. There is another lounge above gate 7 but that does to include BA access.

Last edited by vintagepilot; Mar 9, 2022 at 5:38 am
Old Mar 7, 2022, 2:39 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by TrainDriverSparky
FYI the JAL Sakura Lounges at Frankfurt T2 are currently closed.
That is no longer correct. I used the Business Class part on 12/31/21. The First Class section was closed though.
Old Mar 7, 2022, 3:20 pm

Programs: BAEC, Virgin Flying Club
Came through Amsterdam today. BA lounge remains closed. Lady at check in told me they'd been told it would reopen last week, but the day came and went and there's been no news. Lights were on inside (although I think I've read that before). You still need to take a covid test to get into the Netherlands, so wonder if that is the reason for the delay. But flights both way were pretty busy (a B787 on the way out, though likely for cargo reasons).
Old Mar 30, 2022, 11:52 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I had an email from BA today, informing me of a Terminal change at ARN from 2 to 5. First of all, I was surprised that it would have 5 terminals! I guess lounge access will be Menzies, but any other insights appreciated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.