Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 30, 2015, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: S_W_S
European BA destinations without lounge access.
As investigated by FlyerTalk's very own c-w-s. (See post.)

No lounge, and no other lounge in airport: Typically these airports also have very limited facilities airside
BGO, BIA, BIQ, CFU, CHQ, CMF, EFL, EGC, FDH, FSC, FUE, GNB, GRX, JSI, JTR, KGS, KLX, LEI, LIG, MAH, MJV, NTE, OVD, PUY (their VIP lounge isn't available to passengers), PVK, UIP, ZTH (LCY has an external lounge in a separate building, so in the CIP category).

No lounge, but vouchers provided
LPA perhaps temporarily as of 1 May 2019

No lounge for BA, but there is for other airlines / Priority Pass
ACE, CAG (see this post), CGN (route suspended), FNC, HER (lounge opening times restricted), HUY (route suspended), KRK, OLB (BA charter CE can use lounge however), OPO, NUE (lounge is airside but register landside) Lounge at NUE now available to BA PAX (see this post), PMO (lounge closed until end of 2022), SKG , SPU, STR, SVQ. For RHO (see this post), TLL (route suspended).

No lounge for BA, but airport CIP lounge available
BDS (but very limited in scope, €25 online), BJV (€25 walk up fee), JMK (also PP), LCY (separate building), MPL (€18),

New routes with lounge
AAL, BIO, FLR, INV, KRK, VLC.

Print Wikipost

BA Lounge Database | Europe

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2021, 1:04 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
At KRK it took about 3 years after the service was reinstated before lounge access was provided, so my expectation is GDN and WRO will not get access as soon as the service starts (if the service ever starts)
Old Jul 14, 2021, 12:56 am

Has anyone used the lounge in PRN? Worth paying the entry fee?
Old Jul 14, 2021, 5:26 am

Programs: QR Platinum, ITA Executive, HH Silver, IHG Silver
Originally Posted by scottishpoet
At KRK it took about 3 years after the service was reinstated before lounge access was provided, so my expectation is GDN and WRO will not get access as soon as the service starts (if the service ever starts)
Yeah, the only hope I have is based on the fact that every legacy airline at WRO uses the lounge (except SAS, but they have a policy of not using contract lounges anywhere). Surely, the 'World's favourite airline' BA wouldn't want to be worse than KL or LH?

As for the service ever starting - I just bought a WRO-LHR ticket for 19th Aug for 81 zł (£15). That's cheaper than Ryanair and Wizz on the same day! Passenger numbers probably don't look too promising so far...
Old Jul 14, 2021, 5:35 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by XmaX
Yeah, the only hope I have is based on the fact that every legacy airline at WRO uses the lounge (except SAS, but they have a policy of not using contract lounges anywhere). Surely, the 'World's favourite airline' BA wouldn't want to be worse than KL or LH?

As for the service ever starting - I just bought a WRO-LHR ticket for 19th Aug for 81 zł (£15). That's cheaper than Ryanair and Wizz on the same day! Passenger numbers probably don't look too promising so far...
Every legacy airline at KRK used the lounge, didn't stop BA refusing to pay for years.

But times have changed, so you never know.

What is the cost of a one time purchase for lounge access? It could be more than you have paid for your ticket! Its 120pln at KRK
Old Jul 14, 2021, 5:55 am

Programs: QR Platinum, ITA Executive, HH Silver, IHG Silver
Originally Posted by scottishpoet
What is the cost of a one time purchase for lounge access? It could be more than you have paid for your ticket! Its 120pln at KRK
69PLN, which I think is pretty decent. Never been in that lounge though, so can't say if it's worth it. Might visit this time around - WRO is technically my local airport in Poland, but I've somehow never been to the lounge.
Old Jul 26, 2021, 7:29 am

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by botham
Please note that this lounge at the beginning of the B gates no longer accepts BA passengers, but it does accept priority pass.

I visited today and they told me that many airlines haven’t been able to use the lounge for at least 12 months and so currently there is no lounge available to BA passengers. No voucher was offered, but maybe this is a thing of the past.

Prior to travelling I researched where we could relax at PMI and the Valdemosa lounge was still listed.
And it continues to be listed!

https://www.oneworld.com/airport-lounges?location=PMI

Will be passing through at the end of August, all being well, never tried it before but sounded half decent with hot food and Cava at least - will be a bit of an annoyance if it's still inaccessible (don't have PP)...
Old Jul 26, 2021, 10:19 am

Programs: AY-G, TK*S, AB-S, EY, LH, DL, UA, BA, AA, all hotel programmes
Originally Posted by Genius1
The oneworld lounge listing shows that AY and IB are currently the only oneworld airlines paying for access to the lounge. BA have suspended most third party lounge contracts during the current period of low demand.
looks like they are starting with 3 flights a week from HAM to LHR... My guess is that they will open once they have daily flights again
Old Jul 26, 2021, 10:29 am

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ratechaser

Will be passing through at the end of August, all being well, never tried it before but sounded half decent with hot food and Cava at least - will be a bit of an annoyance if it's still inaccessible (don't have PP)...
It is listed because it is still in contract with BA and you can use BA status to enter (as well as PP). This was as of 23rd July on my PMI-LHR departure.
jerry a. laska and ratechaser like this.

Last edited by PGberkshire; Jul 26, 2021 at 10:41 am
Old Jul 28, 2021, 9:44 am

Programs: BA Gold, BMI, ANA, HH Blue, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by ratechaser

I queried this with BA holidays but didn’t get a response.
Old Aug 4, 2021, 7:14 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Mucci: Classe de la Luxe Eternelle
Originally Posted by PGberkshire
It is listed because it is still in contract with BA and you can use BA status to enter (as well as PP). This was as of 23rd July on my PMI-LHR departure.
Seems confusing! - will be passing through tomorrow. Should I expect to gain access with my guest as BA Gold?

Will report back
Old Aug 4, 2021, 7:27 am

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by noFODplease
Seems confusing! - will be passing through tomorrow. Should I expect to gain access with my guest as BA Gold?

Will report back
Not sure what's confusing, I used the lounge on 23rd July via BA Gold (I also had a plus 1, but she is Silver as well)
Have a good holiday
noFODplease likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2021, 3:41 am

Programs: FB Silver, TK Elite/*G, ITA Premium, Hilton Gold; BW Diamond Select; Radisson Premium
Originally Posted by Prospero
LJU Ljubljana
BA just started flying back to Ljubljana Airport where you will find a new terminal and also a new lounge. If you want to see a review of the new terminal and lounge at Ljubljana Airport, you can see my review on youtube:

I'm new at doing videos and promise to improve with time.

LCSinTexas likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2021, 11:10 am

I think PFO can be added as BA is listed again as Airlines allowed.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 9:37 am

Programs: BA GGL
BA doesn't offer any lounge access at Funchal (Madeira) from what I can see? TAP lounge (Priority Pass) seems to be the only option.
Anything I've missed?
Old Nov 3, 2021, 10:32 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
No, and I don't think they ever did pre covid either.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.