Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 30, 2015, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: S_W_S
European BA destinations without lounge access.
As investigated by FlyerTalk's very own c-w-s. (See post.)

No lounge, and no other lounge in airport: Typically these airports also have very limited facilities airside
BGO, BIA, BIQ, CFU, CHQ, CMF, EFL, EGC, FDH, FSC, FUE, GNB, GRX, JSI, JTR, KGS, KLX, LEI, LIG, MAH, MJV, NTE, OVD, PUY (their VIP lounge isn't available to passengers), PVK, UIP, ZTH (LCY has an external lounge in a separate building, so in the CIP category).

No lounge, but vouchers provided
LPA perhaps temporarily as of 1 May 2019

No lounge for BA, but there is for other airlines / Priority Pass
ACE, CAG (see this post), CGN (route suspended), FNC, HER (lounge opening times restricted), HUY (route suspended), KRK, OLB (BA charter CE can use lounge however), OPO, NUE (lounge is airside but register landside) Lounge at NUE now available to BA PAX (see this post), PMO (lounge closed until end of 2022), SKG , SPU, STR, SVQ. For RHO (see this post), TLL (route suspended).

No lounge for BA, but airport CIP lounge available
BDS (but very limited in scope, €25 online), BJV (€25 walk up fee), JMK (also PP), LCY (separate building), MPL (€18),

New routes with lounge
AAL, BIO, FLR, INV, KRK, VLC.

Print Wikipost

BA Lounge Database | Europe

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2022, 6:12 am

Programs: BA GGLfL, WoH Lifetime Globalist, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Genius1
You will have access to the Norrsken lounge (operated by Menzies), per https://www.oneworld.com/airport-lounges?location=ARN
This is a true self-service lounge. No staff to be seen, other than at the check-in desk. I removed the dirty crockery and glasses from the table, found some anti-bacterial cleaner and cleaned the table myself. At least I think its now clean. A very limited choice of food - pot noodle anyone?

Doc Copper
Old May 13, 2022, 6:29 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
At the risk of a double-post with the Covid-19 Lounge thread, OTP currently has no provision for BA pax, Priority Pass or Dragon Pass.

The Mastercard Lounge referred to in this thread has no BA contract currently and the other lounge mentioned here isn't open. The TAROM / SkyTeam lounge is open but not accessible (obvs) for BA pax.

I've (kind of) updated the Wiki
Old May 15, 2022, 4:44 am

Programs: BAEC Gold-GGL
The lounge at BCN is not in the location on the card above.

You need to go through passport control, head towards gate D and go down one level once you've exited via the gift shop (aka duty free).
Old May 16, 2022, 5:05 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Any update on when the Dublin lounge is re-opening? Seems to be closed from 1700 at the moment
Old May 20, 2022, 4:22 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Diamond, IHG Diamond
Is there currently any lounge provision at CDG after 1500?
Old May 20, 2022, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by nollag
Any update on when the Dublin lounge is re-opening? Seems to be closed from 1700 at the moment
The lounge is now open until 18:30 daily; https://www.oneworld.com/airport-lounges?location=DUB

Originally Posted by cameramaker
Is there currently any lounge provision at CDG after 1500?
Sadly not, the CX lounge is still closed and the AA lounge closes at 15:00; https://www.oneworld.com/airport-lounges?location=CDG
Old May 20, 2022, 8:58 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I was at AMS on Tuesday evening and the BA lounge is still closed (which I knew was the case) so ended up in the packed Aspire lounge nearby.

Does anyone know what the issue is with AMS and why the lounge isn't open? There seem to now be plenty of BA flights throughout the day to AMS so the demand is there to have a lounge open all day.
BorisBrownBear likes this.
Old May 20, 2022, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by KARFA
Does anyone know what the issue is with AMS and why the lounge isn't open? There seem to now be plenty of BA flights throughout the day to AMS so the demand is there to have a lounge open all day.
My suspicion is BA are going to let this lounge go. All other BA-operated lounges are now open, and there was a post on LinkedIn from BA's lounge manager a few weeks ago saying 'all BA lounges are now open again'. I would be surprised if this was the case, however, given the frequencies from AMS and the fact the lounge is a relatively new Galleries Evolution concept, and we haven't as yet seen any of those lounges close permanently.
KARFA and BorisBrownBear like this.
Old May 20, 2022, 9:06 am

Originally Posted by Genius1
My suspicion is BA are going to let this lounge go. All other BA-operated lounges are now open, and there was a post on LinkedIn from BA's lounge manager a few weeks ago saying 'all BA lounges are now open again'. I would be surprised if this was the case, however, given the frequencies from AMS and the fact the lounge is a relatively new Galleries Evolution concept, and we haven't as yet seen any of those lounges close permanently.
That would be very disappointing if it happened.
Old May 22, 2022, 12:07 am

Apparently exciting development plans for AMS

Old May 23, 2022, 1:58 am

Programs: BA Silver
The STR lounge seems to have closed. It was small, but served me well for a rest and few drinks before departure. Doesn't look like there's another option:

https://www.oneworld.com/airport-lounges?location=STR
Old May 23, 2022, 2:08 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by MrsBiggles
The STR lounge seems to have closed. It was small, but served me well for a rest and few drinks before departure. Doesn't look like there's another option:

https://www.oneworld.com/airport-lounges?location=STR
I don’t think there are any lounges open at STR, even the Lufthansa Senator Lounge is closed.
Old May 23, 2022, 2:14 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by KARFA
Apparently exciting development plans for AMS
That's a curious one since it's difficult to describe permanent closure as exciting (particularly in Dutch). So on the speculation side I would guess it's about improving the catering side, since the seating area was already one of the best lounges in BA's system. The other option, which was trialed pre-pandemic, was making it open to other airlines and/or merging into Aspire like BHD. I seem to recall the lounge operators for Aspire was also the BA lounge operator, though it would be invisible to travellers. In the same way that the BA lounge in Newcastle was actually Swissport operated.
KARFA and BorisBrownBear like this.
Old May 23, 2022, 4:39 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
If a Bronze BA Pax is flying in Business from OTP should they be able to use the Lounge? Friend was just there and was told it's Qatar only.
Old May 23, 2022, 5:00 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by webstereo
If a Bronze BA Pax is flying in Business from OTP should they be able to use the Lounge? Friend was just there and was told it's Qatar only.
They are entitled to use a lounge where one is provided, unfortunately there is no lounge for any oneworld airline at OTP except for those flying on QR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.