Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 30, 2015, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: S_W_S
European BA destinations without lounge access.
As investigated by FlyerTalk's very own c-w-s. (See post.)

No lounge, and no other lounge in airport: Typically these airports also have very limited facilities airside
BGO, BIA, BIQ, CFU, CHQ, CMF, EFL, EGC, FDH, FSC, FUE, GNB, GRX, JSI, JTR, KGS, KLX, LEI, LIG, MAH, MJV, NTE, OVD, PUY (their VIP lounge isn't available to passengers), PVK, UIP, ZTH (LCY has an external lounge in a separate building, so in the CIP category).

No lounge, but vouchers provided
LPA perhaps temporarily as of 1 May 2019

No lounge for BA, but there is for other airlines / Priority Pass
ACE, CAG (see this post), CGN (route suspended), FNC, HER (lounge opening times restricted), HUY (route suspended), KRK, OLB (BA charter CE can use lounge however), OPO, NUE (lounge is airside but register landside) Lounge at NUE now available to BA PAX (see this post), PMO (lounge closed until end of 2022), SKG , SPU, STR, SVQ. For RHO (see this post), TLL (route suspended).

No lounge for BA, but airport CIP lounge available
BDS (but very limited in scope, €25 online), BJV (€25 walk up fee), JMK (also PP), LCY (separate building), MPL (€18),

New routes with lounge
AAL, BIO, FLR, INV, KRK, VLC.

Print Wikipost

BA Lounge Database | Europe

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2022, 5:08 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Gold
Anyone know if BA have restarted their contract with the lounge at GIB? I can get in with PP anyway so not really an issue, but I was surprised when I went during the pandemic and the lounge staff said that BA had cancelled the contract with them.
Old May 23, 2022, 5:19 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
They are entitled to use a lounge where one is provided, unfortunately there is no lounge for any oneworld airline at OTP except for those flying on QR.
OK, so you have to be on QA and either in first or business or have top two tier status?
Did there used to be a BA lounge there?
Old May 23, 2022, 5:28 am

Originally Posted by abraxias
Anyone know if BA have restarted their contract with the lounge at GIB? I can get in with PP anyway so not really an issue, but I was surprised when I went during the pandemic and the lounge staff said that BA had cancelled the contract with them.
Was there a few weeks ago and got into a lounge - I assume that's what you mean
abraxias likes this.
Old May 23, 2022, 5:29 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by webstereo
OK, so you have to be on QA and either in first or business or have top two tier status?
Did there used to be a BA lounge there?
BA used to use two third party lounges at OPT https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/19761518-post28.html

I think BA is simply not renewing the contract atm. For now though there is no lounge provision for any BA passengers at OTP. QR have obviously maintained their contract with the Mastercard lounge so their passenger can use it. I believe vouchers are being given out at BA check in desks for use airside in lieu of lounge access.
Old May 23, 2022, 5:33 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by abraxias
Oneworld site does say access is possible for BA passengers at GIB.
abraxias likes this.
Old May 23, 2022, 6:37 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
BA used to use two third party lounges at OPT https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/19761518-post28.html

I think BA is simply not renewing the contract atm. For now though there is no lounge provision for any BA passengers at OTP. QR have obviously maintained their contract with the Mastercard lounge so their passenger can use it. I believe vouchers are being given out at BA check in desks for use airside in lieu of lounge access.
According to friend, no vouchers. No priority boarding. "Utter shambles"
Old May 23, 2022, 7:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by webstereo
According to friend, no vouchers. No priority boarding. "Utter shambles"
There were vouchers in January when I was there.
Old Jun 4, 2022, 11:39 am

Thought I would give an update on the Antalya lounge situation as not much to go on further upthread. Was given a voucher to the CIP lounge at check in. The lounge is airside upstairs overlooking the food outlets in the centre of the departure gates. Lift not working so you have to make your own way up the stairs. No view. Most of the space is given over to three private areas for guests of specific hotel chains (Regnum, Maxx Royal and NG). Very little (if any) air conditioning. WiFi is via a code which is supposed to expire after 2 hours but seems to expire every 15 minutes. Agents very reluctant to give out more codes. Food is poor. A few dried sandwiches and pastries, biscuits, yogurts, soup and vine leaves. It’s a dry lounge so just soft drinks. However there is a small duty free in the lounge where you can buy beers and small bottles of wine (I’m not sure if you’re meant to drink these in the lounge but everyone else is). Significantly worse than the lounges at Heraklion and Rhodes.
Old Jun 4, 2022, 1:44 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Amex Plat...
NCL Aspire lounge always had odd hours. Didn't realise they did refreshment vouchers at check in (I normally go HBO, first time I checked in a bag in awhile), when it's closed.

Currently sat in one of the 'participating vendors' and the pie was rock hard so wasn't that great. No gravy so that probably didn't help. I actually ordered it expecting mash and chips came instead

Waiting for the delayed 1337 which is currently delayed to 21:49.. fun times!

Don't anticipate leaving Heathrow until close to midnight, and that's if my bag is collectable. They didn't even load it on 1334 on Friday so had to go collect it yesterday .. anyway that's enough off topic

The question I have: do you prefer vouchers over lounges (even third party)?
Old Jun 27, 2022, 4:40 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hotels.com Gold
Silly me didn’t check the latest on this thread before trying to get into a lounge at OTP, which we’ve used before. Told by the lady at the TAROM lounge that BA has no lounge at this airport. As I didn’t know, I didn’t try asking for vouchers at check in. Annoying that this seems to be getting more common - at least that’s the impression I’ve been getting from this thread.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 4:43 am

Originally Posted by gingerlucy
Silly me didn’t check the latest on this thread before trying to get into a lounge at OTP, which we’ve used before. Told by the lady at the TAROM lounge that BA has no lounge at this airport. As I didn’t know, I didn’t try asking for vouchers at check in. Annoying that this seems to be getting more common - at least that’s the impression I’ve been getting from this thread.
You can ask for the vouchers at the gate if the staff have arrived there. They'll happily print it out for you and you can use it at Brioche Doree. Frankly the TAROM lounge is a crap IMO. Hardly any seating either. Flew with QR from there in Dec 2021 and couldn't find a place to sit. Also their selection of wafers as the food item left a lot to be desired! So honestly, with that airport at least, I'd gladly accept the voucher and arrive as late as practically possible to minimise time spent there!
Old Jun 27, 2022, 4:59 am

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by gingerlucy
I just get to the airport as late as possible and dont go near the check in desks. It is a ropey airport.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 9:35 am

Programs: BAEC - Silver
Forgot how grim the offering at Athens airport is in the Skyserv lounge. It's quite similar to the Schengen lounge we got for free as part of our Olympic Air prop plane flight to one of the islands. At least they now have some alcohol whereas there was none last September.

Next year I might get PP to get into the nicer looking lounge next door...
Old Jun 29, 2022, 1:46 pm

Programs: ASLEF
Originally Posted by Prospero
NUE Nuremburg
New short term route operating from 30 November 2017 until 07 January 2018. No lounge information available at the moment.
Is there any update on lounge provision for BA use at Nuremberg?

Originally Posted by Prospero
TXL Berlin
The airport and lounge are now closed/decommissioned.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 7:09 am
gms

Programs: BA Gold / GfL, Hilton Diamond
Anyone have any experience of the Open Sky Lounge in Dusseldorf? According to the OneWorld website, the Hugo Junkers lounge (that I have used previously) is now only accessible to Finnair and Iberia customers. The Open Sky Lounge seems to be the one designated for BA.

Last edited by gms; Jul 4, 2022 at 7:35 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.