Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 30, 2015, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: S_W_S
European BA destinations without lounge access.
As investigated by FlyerTalk's very own c-w-s. (See post.)

No lounge, and no other lounge in airport: Typically these airports also have very limited facilities airside
BGO, BIA, BIQ, CFU, CHQ, CMF, EFL, EGC, FDH, FSC, FUE, GNB, GRX, JSI, JTR, KGS, KLX, LEI, LIG, MAH, MJV, NTE, OVD, PUY (their VIP lounge isn't available to passengers), PVK, UIP, ZTH (LCY has an external lounge in a separate building, so in the CIP category).

No lounge, but vouchers provided
LPA perhaps temporarily as of 1 May 2019

No lounge for BA, but there is for other airlines / Priority Pass
ACE, CAG (see this post), CGN (route suspended), FNC, HER (lounge opening times restricted), HUY (route suspended), KRK, OLB (BA charter CE can use lounge however), OPO, NUE (lounge is airside but register landside) Lounge at NUE now available to BA PAX (see this post), PMO (lounge closed until end of 2022), SKG , SPU, STR, SVQ. For RHO (see this post), TLL (route suspended).

No lounge for BA, but airport CIP lounge available
BDS (but very limited in scope, €25 online), BJV (€25 walk up fee), JMK (also PP), LCY (separate building), MPL (€18),

New routes with lounge
AAL, BIO, FLR, INV, KRK, VLC.

Print Wikipost

BA Lounge Database | Europe

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2022, 1:44 pm

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by cbyrne92
I flew out of Salzburg earlier this year on an economy ticket and was able to visit the business lounge with a guest.

Don't be too worieed if when you get in, the room is packed and tiny, they have further rooms they open up as the lounge gets busier.

Food improves greatly when the breakfast stuff goes away and lunch stuff is bought out.
Thanks, and yes, the food/drink offering mentioned on this thread made me think it was worth a visit - we're on the 6pm flight
cbyrne92 likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 4:48 pm

Programs: BA Gold (and other non-status plastic)
Originally Posted by PGberkshire
OSL doesn't seem great, any idea if the premium section has re-opened? tia
It was open when I passed through in April, and also last month:
Originally Posted by kt74
Update on OSL: Premium side is open today! But only seating and toilets, with catering still limited to the main lounge (ie no upgraded food and drink, like in the old days), and entrance not being policed. It is quieter on this side though, and big squishy sofas if anyone needs a snooze…
​​​​​​
Old Oct 28, 2022, 3:37 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, FlyingBlue Gold
In Stuttgart (STR) a new airport lounge opened: Link. Someone with edit rights can update it in the wiki.
For now only Air France/KLM have a contract, for everyone else it's pay per visit.
Old Oct 28, 2022, 5:33 am

Programs: BA Executive Club - Gold
Originally Posted by ratechaser
Thanks, and yes, the food/drink offering mentioned on this thread made me think it was worth a visit - we're on the 6pm flight
Whilst totally unrelated (apologies to the admins), I highly recommend a visit to Hangar 7 whilst travelling to SZG, it's on the other side of the runway but is an easy walk (20-30 minutes), the entry is free, there are some excellent things to see and the F&B is excellent if pricey.

Have a great trip!

CB
Old Nov 7, 2022, 1:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No coffee in the ARN lounge today. Just a selection of cold meats and some tea bags. Seems like a pretty miserable offering.
SxMan likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2022, 1:50 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Calchas
No coffee in the ARN lounge today. Just a selection of cold meats and some tea bags. Seems like a pretty miserable offering.
are you back in t2 now?
SxMan likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2022, 1:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Terminal 5.
KARFA and SxMan like this.
Old Nov 7, 2022, 10:58 pm

Hot breakfast has returned to GLA lounge this morning
SxMan and astra19e like this.
Old Nov 7, 2022, 11:33 pm

Is the lounge open in Prague PRG Google suggests it is permanently closed. Is there a fastback for J pax at the airport? Thanks for any info.
Old Nov 8, 2022, 12:08 am

Programs: BA; IHG; LHW; Hilton
WAW

A quick update on Warsaw to say that the lounge is as cramped as ever, not helped by taking pay-on-the-door as well as being a venue for all airlines non-Schengen, and the offering fairly basic although there was bread and cheese because even soup contained meat.

however – I have to give 10 out of 10 for the fast track security which was the fastest I have ever encountered. Few people seem to be using the FastTrack facility, accessed by automatic barcode scan and turnstile entry, but arriving at the luggage belt I was immediately summoned to the very front with a gentleman in charge holding everybody else’s trays back and putting my items into trays for me for immediate scanning. It was the best thing about my entire visit to Poland😜
Old Nov 9, 2022, 6:31 am

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
Originally Posted by SxMan
A quick update on Warsaw to say that the lounge is as cramped as ever, not helped by taking pay-on-the-door as well as being a venue for all airlines non-Schengen, and the offering fairly basic although there was bread and cheese because even soup contained meat.

however – I have to give 10 out of 10 for the fast track security which was the fastest I have ever encountered. Few people seem to be using the FastTrack facility, accessed by automatic barcode scan and turnstile entry, but arriving at the luggage belt I was immediately summoned to the very front with a gentleman in charge holding everybody else’s trays back and putting my items into trays for me for immediate scanning. It was the best thing about my entire visit to Poland😜
Is the Bolero lounge the only one available to BA pax now? The OW lounge guide shows Fantazja as Finnair and Qatar Airways only.
Old Nov 11, 2022, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by marshy11
Is the lounge open in Prague PRG Google suggests it is permanently closed. Is there a fastback for J pax at the airport? Thanks for any info.
Security at PRG is at the gate, from memory, and there is no fastrack.
marshy11 likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2022, 5:33 am

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
Originally Posted by philthegreek
Travelling from OTP on Saturday 01 October and for the first time in 2 years was handed a lounge invitation. Finally BA are offering lounge access.
The lounge is the TAROM Business Lounge up the escalator by Gate 03.
Just to add that they also accept a BA boarding pass on the door, making a note of name and flight number. I've commented previously that the location is incorrect in the pictogram in post #28 - not sure how else to notify when an edit could be useful.
Old Nov 20, 2022, 6:30 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Prospero
BRU Brussels

Has the BA lounge now closed in Brussels? https://www.oneworld.com/airport-lounges?location=BRU is showing something different now.
Old Dec 4, 2022, 1:27 pm

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
NUE - a very useable lounge

Update on the lounge situation at NUE as of this weekend - a better result than what was available back at posts #603 - 622 it seems.

The Durer Lounge appears to follow standard OW access rules as well as permitting PP entrance. It is after security, opposite gate A17, but before passport control - which was quite busy and took us about 15 minutes to get through. There is no OLCI at NUE so we got our BPs at a checkin desk. There was no mention of the lounge, and mention of fast track (or group no) on the BP. The BP got us through the business security line and gave access to the lounge.

The lounge is a good size but had about half screened off to corral the small number of users into a more manageable area. There is a good selection of pre-packaged fresh fruit, granola, salads and sandwiches as well as a small hot buffet of sausages and breads - complete with instructions for making your very own '3 Nurnberger in Weggla' - (put 3 small sausages in a bread roll!). There is a selection of local beers, local and Italian wines and the fizz is German sekt. Lots of bread options, including various pretzels, and other snacks.

There is a good sized eating area and some more relaxed seating. There are magazines and newspapers mostly in german but with some in turkish. There are toilets in the lounge, no showers, and the wifi is just the free airport wifi.

Don't forget to leave enough time to get through passport control.

KARFA, camdentown and markmac like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.