Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 30, 2015, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: S_W_S
European BA destinations without lounge access.
As investigated by FlyerTalk's very own c-w-s. (See post.)

No lounge, and no other lounge in airport: Typically these airports also have very limited facilities airside
BGO, BIA, BIQ, CFU, CHQ, CMF, EFL, EGC, FDH, FSC, FUE, GNB, GRX, JSI, JTR, KGS, KLX, LEI, LIG, MAH, MJV, NTE, OVD, PUY (their VIP lounge isn't available to passengers), PVK, UIP, ZTH (LCY has an external lounge in a separate building, so in the CIP category).

No lounge, but vouchers provided
LPA perhaps temporarily as of 1 May 2019

No lounge for BA, but there is for other airlines / Priority Pass
ACE, CAG (see this post), CGN (route suspended), FNC, HER (lounge opening times restricted), HUY (route suspended), KRK, OLB (BA charter CE can use lounge however), OPO, NUE (lounge is airside but register landside) Lounge at NUE now available to BA PAX (see this post), PMO (lounge closed until end of 2022), SKG , SPU, STR, SVQ. For RHO (see this post), TLL (route suspended).

No lounge for BA, but airport CIP lounge available
BDS (but very limited in scope, €25 online), BJV (€25 walk up fee), JMK (also PP), LCY (separate building), MPL (€18),

New routes with lounge
AAL, BIO, FLR, INV, KRK, VLC.

Print Wikipost

BA Lounge Database | Europe

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2023, 2:00 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by vintagepilot
Update on the lounge situation at NUE as of this weekend - a better result than what was available back at posts #603 - 622 it seems.

The Durer Lounge appears to follow standard OW access rules as well as permitting PP entrance. It is after security, opposite gate A17, but before passport control - which was quite busy and took us about 15 minutes to get through. There is no OLCI at NUE so we got our BPs at a checkin desk. There was no mention of the lounge, and mention of fast track (or group no) on the BP. The BP got us through the business security line and gave access to the lounge.

The lounge is a good size but had about half screened off to corral the small number of users into a more manageable area. There is a good selection of pre-packaged fresh fruit, granola, salads and sandwiches as well as a small hot buffet of sausages and breads - complete with instructions for making your very own '3 Nurnberger in Weggla' - (put 3 small sausages in a bread roll!). There is a selection of local beers, local and Italian wines and the fizz is German sekt. Lots of bread options, including various pretzels, and other snacks.

There is a good sized eating area and some more relaxed seating. There are magazines and newspapers mostly in german but with some in turkish. There are toilets in the lounge, no showers, and the wifi is just the free airport wifi.

Don't forget to leave enough time to get through passport control.
Am there this weekend coming, so nice to see.

Very naïve question, and would perhaps show my lack of flying. I've never been anywhere one can't check-in online as an actual option bar perhaps 20 years ago when it wasn't a thing.

I take it the option just doesn't appear online/on the app?
Old Jan 24, 2023, 2:04 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
And yet here I am in DXB and it seems to be a route where I can’t check in and get a bp online for my flight back on AY. There are plenty of places over many airlines where online check in isn’t possible. It’s certainly a minority where you can’t these days, but it certainly exists.

For BA at least it’s a handful of destinations usually which are not fully on FLY online. TIA and NUE come to mind. There are a few others. The only option is to check in at the airport.
Old Jan 24, 2023, 2:24 pm

Oh I'm not quibbling, at all - it's not an issue. I mean, we've all checked in at the airport.

I've just never seen it as not a thing, as an option, for a long time. That's all. So what it looks like from the point of view of apps and the like just interested me.
Old Jan 24, 2023, 2:25 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
You click the blue bar on the flight to check in, and then on the next screen it says you can’t check in online. It’s not that exciting!
Old Jan 28, 2023, 2:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi The vienna lounge seems different than the guide. Advised at check in to use the vienna lounge. It is in the plaza after security before d gate passport control. It is huge.busy around the food area but quiet at the far end. some views of the tarmac. bathrooms in the lounge and a separate sleeping area. also the ba boarding pass does not say fast track but scanners flashed green with no issues regards tbs​​​​​​​ lounge had a very good food selection ( 3 or 4 hot choices). Prospect available. Soft drinks come out of dispensers including a herb flavoured lemonade. Only lounge after passport control seemed to be an Austrian and star alliance lounge. Check in was open at 0955 for a 1215 departure
TarquinMontague likes this.

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Jan 28, 2023 at 4:12 am
Old Jan 28, 2023, 7:34 am

Originally Posted by Deltus
Do you mean after security, but before passport control? There was no duty free shop after passport control.
After security follow directions to Gates B and go down escalator to passport control. After passport control there is a corridor heading towards the duty free shop. After passing through the duty free shop and exiting it, the Non-Schengen CIP lounge is on the left hand side on the first floor (accessed via an elevator / stairs)
Old Jan 28, 2023, 9:45 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Is the Budapest lounge open?

The Oneworld site suggests that the Non schengen lounge is closed.

Not familiar with the layout of the airport.
Old Jan 28, 2023, 9:57 am

Programs: BA Exec Club, Flying Blue
Originally Posted by GentleGiant
Is the Budapest lounge open?

The Oneworld site suggests that the Non schengen lounge is closed.

Not familiar with the layout of the airport.
It was open in September lsat year. To get there head towards the gates, its after passport control. Up some stairs
Old Jan 28, 2023, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi

It was open in november.

the airport also has a plaza premium lounge just across the hall from the lounge

Regards
tbs
Old Jan 28, 2023, 4:07 pm

BUD non-Schengen lounge fluctuates a lot - a couple of weeks ago it was closed, but around Christmas time it was open. I find it’s best to ask at check-in on the day, there’s rarely a queue and they’re used to it.
Old Jan 31, 2023, 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi The vienna lounge seems different than the guide. Advised at check in to use the vienna lounge. It is in the plaza after security before d gate passport control. It is huge.busy around the food area but quiet at the far end. some views of the tarmac. bathrooms in the lounge and a separate sleeping area. also the ba boarding pass does not say fast track but scanners flashed green with no issues regards tbs lounge had a very good food selection ( 3 or 4 hot choices). Prospect available. Soft drinks come out of dispensers including a herb flavoured lemonade. Only lounge after passport control seemed to be an Austrian and star alliance lounge. Check in was open at 0955 for a 1215 departure
Looking online I think this lounge is really new - like spring 2022 opening. Certainly wasn't a thing when I was last there about six years ago.

Encouraging write-up; I'm there again end of Feb.
Old Feb 2, 2023, 2:06 pm

Programs: BA Gold, American Airlines, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by HB7
CDG Terminal 2B Lounge

I travelled back from CDG to LHR yesterday and I was able to use the new Extime Lounge - which seems to be the only lounge in the terminal. ...
Thank you for these photos, HB7!

The oneworld website says the lounge is in Terminal 2B Level 3 after security but before passport control? Is that correct? How long did it take to get from the lounge, through passport and to the gate?
HB7 likes this.

Last edited by geo1005; Feb 2, 2023 at 2:18 pm
Old Feb 2, 2023, 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by geo1005

The oneworld website says the lounge is in Terminal 2B Level 3 after security but before passport control? Is that correct? How long did it take to get from the lounge, through passport and to the gate?
5 mins for me, but it was from the first gate after passport control. The lounge staff were advising leaving at -45.
geo1005 likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2023, 5:58 pm
HB7

Programs: BA Exec Club, SIA KrisFlyer, Qantas FF, Emirates Skywards
Originally Posted by geo1005

Only took me 5 mins too. Just for the record, there are e-gates now for UK and US passport holders as well as EU passport holders.

I was at the lounge a couple of days ago and I only left the lounge when boarding was announced and it only took about 5 mins.
geo1005 likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2023, 9:08 am

Programs: BA Gold, American Airlines, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Thank you Confus and HB7. This is really helpful.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.