Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 30, 2015, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: S_W_S
European BA destinations without lounge access.
As investigated by FlyerTalk's very own c-w-s. (See post.)

No lounge, and no other lounge in airport: Typically these airports also have very limited facilities airside
BGO, BIA, BIQ, CFU, CHQ, CMF, EFL, EGC, FDH, FSC, FUE, GNB, GRX, JSI, JTR, KGS, KLX, LEI, LIG, MAH, MJV, NTE, OVD, PUY (their VIP lounge isn't available to passengers), PVK, UIP, ZTH (LCY has an external lounge in a separate building, so in the CIP category).

No lounge, but vouchers provided
LPA perhaps temporarily as of 1 May 2019

No lounge for BA, but there is for other airlines / Priority Pass
ACE, CAG (see this post), CGN (route suspended), FNC, HER (lounge opening times restricted), HUY (route suspended), KRK, OLB (BA charter CE can use lounge however), OPO, NUE (lounge is airside but register landside) Lounge at NUE now available to BA PAX (see this post), PMO (lounge closed until end of 2022), SKG , SPU, STR, SVQ. For RHO (see this post), TLL (route suspended).

No lounge for BA, but airport CIP lounge available
BDS (but very limited in scope, €25 online), BJV (€25 walk up fee), JMK (also PP), LCY (separate building), MPL (€18),

New routes with lounge
AAL, BIO, FLR, INV, KRK, VLC.

Print Wikipost

BA Lounge Database | Europe

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2023, 10:34 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

When I was in Vienna in January this year, I had no issue getting into the Vienna lounge
It is an excellent lounge for a third party lounge. although the seating area closer to the food was quite busy, there are a number of different areas and lots of them were empty.

Regards

TBS
Same, in late Feb. I think the OW page is just wrong. The lounge's own page lists BA business (plus frequent flyer cards, which I assume would be OW silver), as having access:

Viennaairport - VIENNA Lounge

And it's a terrific lounge indeed, I thought.
Old Sep 10, 2023, 11:43 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by AviationMoose
Same, in late Feb. I think the OW page is just wrong. The lounge's own page lists BA business (plus frequent flyer cards, which I assume would be OW silver), as having access:

Personally I thought the Sky Lounge was good - the one with the outdoor seating area that overlooks the Airport Apron ?

Has the Vienna Lounge got the same facility ?
Blenheim likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2023, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by Butts
Personally I thought the Sky Lounge was good - the one with the outdoor seating area that overlooks the Airport Apron ?

Has the Vienna Lounge got the same facility ?
Hi,

I don't think so but the food and drink selection was very good, the lounge is large and spacious with a lot of different areas and several secession artwork posters on the wall
A 360 degree walkthrough is available via the lounge homepage
Regards

TBS
Blenheim likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2023, 8:22 am

Programs: BAEC
Does anybody know the lounge CE will get access to at Cologne Bonn when they restart flying there in October? Wondering what lounge i'll get access to. Many thanks.
mclachlan4321 likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2023, 1:06 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
In the last week or so, the Melli-Beese lounge in HAJ Terminal C has reopened. It has clearly been refurbished but, before anybody gets too excited, the f&b offering is very very basic indeed. Having missed lunch, I was pleased to have stopped off at the Mövenpick Café landside, before going through security.
Old Sep 14, 2023, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by AviationMoose

Thanks. In the Vienna lounge at the moment and I agree it is really good. Thanks again for the input😎
Old Sep 25, 2023, 2:46 am

Morning,

Just to check for NCE, according to the Oneworld Lounge database the Canopy Lounge is closed. Is this incorrect or is is there no lounge in NCE or another one that's used.

Old Sep 25, 2023, 3:05 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
That’s seems wrong. The lounge is open.
Cw novice likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2023, 4:59 pm

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
BEG hasn't started yet, but if they use a lounge, it will most likely be the Business Club one

https://beg.aero/eng/services_shoppi.../business_club

Also available as a PriorityPass lounge.
Old Oct 6, 2023, 9:11 am

Will be arriving at MRS a good 3h before we fly home tonight.

HBO so straight to security. Or do I need to visit a check in desk to collect a lounge invite?

Gold in ET with a guest.
Old Oct 6, 2023, 10:35 am

Hi. Has anyone visited the ATH lounge recently? I visited a few years ago and it was pretty awful, but I think it's been refurbished? But information on the net seems scarce. Anyone know if the food and drink (also fairly awful from memory) improved with the refurb, if refurbished? Just wish BA would pay for the Goldair lounge.
Old Oct 27, 2023, 11:26 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Stena Gold
I cannot see any of the information for the lounges in this thread- all the pictures are missing

It may be my issue, but I have tried both Safari and Firefox
Old Oct 27, 2023, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Gastrocnemius
I cannot see any of the information for the lounges in this thread- all the pictures are missing

It may be my issue, but I have tried both Safari and Firefox
It's a known hosting issue which is being worked on. In the meantime, use the oneworld website which whilst not perfect is mostly accurate: oneworld.com/lounges
Gastrocnemius and LCSinTexas like this.
Old Oct 30, 2023, 4:55 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
What's the food situation like at the OTP lounge?

Up-thread from 2022 there is mention that BA is using the TAROM lounge, and latest Oneworld info updates this to say "MasterCard Business Lounge" with access for BA customers. Has anyone been into this lounge and can say if there is any sort of breakfast available for the morning BA flight?
Old Oct 31, 2023, 4:22 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
BEG - Belgrade Nikola Tesla Airport.

BA uses the Business Lounge (signed as Business Club) which is by gate A4. The better lounge for Air Serbia is next door and open to Priority Pass passengers but since JU is BA's direct competitor on the route then it's understandable. Also the airport is under heavy construction at the moment and the Business Lounge has the feel of being in some sort of temporary arrangement. To get to the lounge, do a full U-ey after the duty free experience, it's around the back, whereas BA uses the C gate further on.

Usual BA rules, guesting for Silvers and Golds, no extras for GGLs. The check-in desk writes out an old fashion entry card, but if you are HBO they can handle that at reception, and will have printed boarding cards ready for HBOs who put zero bags at OLCI.

For all its faults, it has a good range of food and drink, including larger Schweppes tins, bottles of still and sparkling water, mini bottles of local red and white wine, and local Kraljica brandy. I will add some photos to this post in the next day or two. Contrary to some other photos, there is natural light in the lounge.
alex67500, KARFA and flyslow like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.