Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 30, 2015, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: S_W_S
European BA destinations without lounge access.
As investigated by FlyerTalk's very own c-w-s. (See post.)

No lounge, and no other lounge in airport: Typically these airports also have very limited facilities airside
BGO, BIA, BIQ, CFU, CHQ, CMF, EFL, EGC, FDH, FSC, FUE, GNB, GRX, JSI, JTR, KGS, KLX, LEI, LIG, MAH, MJV, NTE, OVD, PUY (their VIP lounge isn't available to passengers), PVK, UIP, ZTH (LCY has an external lounge in a separate building, so in the CIP category).

No lounge, but vouchers provided
LPA perhaps temporarily as of 1 May 2019

No lounge for BA, but there is for other airlines / Priority Pass
ACE, CAG (see this post), CGN (route suspended), FNC, HER (lounge opening times restricted), HUY (route suspended), KRK, OLB (BA charter CE can use lounge however), OPO, NUE (lounge is airside but register landside) Lounge at NUE now available to BA PAX (see this post), PMO (lounge closed until end of 2022), SKG , SPU, STR, SVQ. For RHO (see this post), TLL (route suspended).

No lounge for BA, but airport CIP lounge available
BDS (but very limited in scope, €25 online), BJV (€25 walk up fee), JMK (also PP), LCY (separate building), MPL (€18),

New routes with lounge
AAL, BIO, FLR, INV, KRK, VLC.

Print Wikipost

BA Lounge Database | Europe

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2023, 4:30 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum, FlyingBlue Gold, Hilton Gold, Mucci des repas d'enfant
Perhaps a completely new thread and wiki so we can set up the various lounges with photos again?
Old Dec 31, 2023, 4:42 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by JapesUK
Perhaps a completely new thread and wiki so we can set up the various lounges with photos again?
Happy to help with this.
LCSinTexas and JapesUK like this.
Old Jan 19, 2024, 10:28 am

Programs: BAEC, QRPC, Amex MR, World of Hyatt, IHG one rewards, Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, etc…
I have said this before, but NAP lounge has one of the best Buffett food you can get in Europe…

there was the usual selection of pasta, vegetable dishes, cold meats and fresh buffalo mozzarella. I kept it light as I had an heavy lunch and will probably eat the food on board on the way back to LHR.

(NB: those pastries are mini Neapolitan Pastiera, Caprese-choc/almond cake, sfogliatella riccia and frolla)

Old Feb 5, 2024, 11:37 am

Programs: VS Silver; Matmid Silver, BA Bronze; Accor Plat.
According to Cyba on the Aegean thread the LCA lounge used by BA is closed for refurbishment ( looks like it is being enlarged) .
Old Feb 13, 2024, 2:16 pm

Programs: BA Exec Gold
Went to the Marco Polo lounge in Venice on Sunday morning. It's a really nice lounge. Sadly couldn't take many pictures of the food directly as there were always staff hanging around. Weirdly you had to ask staff for coffee and drinks from behind a fenced off area. That said the lounge is huge. Note it's in the European area part of the airport, so you need to go through passport control afterwards if you want to visit this lounge and go on a non-Schegen zone flight.

Old Feb 19, 2024, 10:55 am

Programs: QF, TK, VA, SQ
Not sure if the right place to post, LCA lounge closed at the moment, asking at check in desks was handed a €15 voucher (per person) for travelling in club in lieu of the lounge.

It bought three fifths of F all in the terminal, but got a bottle of water and a very average coffee which helped pass the time until delayed boarding.

Better than a kick in the teeth.
Old Feb 19, 2024, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by pythonisman
Not sure if the right place to post, LCA lounge closed at the moment, asking at check in desks was handed a €15 voucher (per person) for travelling in club in lieu of the lounge.

It bought three fifths of F all in the terminal, but got a bottle of water and a very average coffee which helped pass the time until delayed boarding.

Heading out tomorrow, was aware of the lounge closure already but not the voucher. Good to know it is next to useless, expectations set accordingly...
Old Feb 28, 2024, 4:42 pm

Larnaca Lounge

Thanks for the info. If anyone is travelling through in the next few weeks it would be good to know the latest projected re-opening date.

Originally Posted by pythonisman

Old Mar 2, 2024, 10:19 am

Programs: VS Silver; Matmid Silver, BA Bronze; Accor Plat.
Originally Posted by winster2402
Thanks for the info. If anyone is travelling through in the next few weeks it would be good to know the latest projected re-opening date.
I asked the staff at check in on Thursday, they hoped April. The EUR 15 voucher got me two pints of Keo.
Old Mar 2, 2024, 11:19 am

Also good for one meal at BK... just.
Old Mar 2, 2024, 3:06 pm

Programs: BA Exec Gold
Took some more photos of the Venice lounge on my final return home to the UK. I did a long Venice ex-EU flight to LA (and beyond!)

Still missed out on the fenced off drink area. You need to ask staff in this area for any kind of drinks - from water, coke zero to wine and coffee.There's usually a queue of people around it that makes photography hard. It's a bit weird tbh as the food is all self-service.

The rest of the lounge is really nice with several separate areas and great views available of the airport.

The _Banking_Scot and Klrduks like this.
Old Mar 4, 2024, 1:49 pm

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
Found out today that the IBZ lounge has been closed since January, contrary to the information in BA's MMB. Check-in agents didn't proactively offer anything, and I didn't ask since I didn't know it was closed. I'll ask them what the deal is when I'm back again in a few weeks' time...
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2024, 6:08 am

Hi. Flying out of Zurich in April 1st. There seems to be 2 lounges we can use, one in A/B gates and one in E gates. Does anyone know which gates the BA flights usually use or have any recommendations which lounge to go too?
Old Mar 31, 2024, 10:15 am

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
First time in the VIE lounge today and am very impressed. Spacious, carefully zoned so it doesn’t feel one big space and good food and drink options. The outdoor terrace is a nice touch, though a tad blustery today.
Old Mar 31, 2024, 10:29 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by Dn212
Hi. Flying out of Zurich in April 1st. There seems to be 2 lounges we can use, one in A/B gates and one in E gates. Does anyone know which gates the BA flights usually use or have any recommendations which lounge to go too?
All of BAs flights yesterday use E gates at ZRH

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.