Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 30, 2015, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: S_W_S
European BA destinations without lounge access.
As investigated by FlyerTalk's very own c-w-s. (See post.)

No lounge, and no other lounge in airport: Typically these airports also have very limited facilities airside
BGO, BIA, BIQ, CFU, CHQ, CMF, EFL, EGC, FDH, FSC, FUE, GNB, GRX, JSI, JTR, KGS, KLX, LEI, LIG, MAH, MJV, NTE, OVD, PUY (their VIP lounge isn't available to passengers), PVK, UIP, ZTH (LCY has an external lounge in a separate building, so in the CIP category).

No lounge, but vouchers provided
LPA perhaps temporarily as of 1 May 2019

No lounge for BA, but there is for other airlines / Priority Pass
ACE, CAG (see this post), CGN (route suspended), FNC, HER (lounge opening times restricted), HUY (route suspended), KRK, OLB (BA charter CE can use lounge however), OPO, NUE (lounge is airside but register landside) Lounge at NUE now available to BA PAX (see this post), PMO (lounge closed until end of 2022), SKG , SPU, STR, SVQ. For RHO (see this post), TLL (route suspended).

No lounge for BA, but airport CIP lounge available
BDS (but very limited in scope, €25 online), BJV (€25 walk up fee), JMK (also PP), LCY (separate building), MPL (€18),

New routes with lounge
AAL, BIO, FLR, INV, KRK, VLC.

Print Wikipost

BA Lounge Database | Europe

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2016, 11:21 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Dicksbits
Is the Palma entry up to date? I'm not being offered anything in MMB for a PMI return…
They look up to date to me. Assuming you are still on the summer frequency (there is a non Schengen terminal in use until the nearly the end of October) then Valldemossa is the more conveniently placed, Formentor is the larger of the two, more or less equal in food and drink provision (and run by the same company). Perfectly acceptable, but not worth a long stay.

More details here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...lorca-pmi.html
Old Sep 3, 2016, 12:37 am

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Originally Posted by Dicksbits
PMI
Is the Palma entry up to date? I'm not being offered anything in MMB for a PMI return…

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
They look up to date to me. Assuming you are still on the summer frequency (there is a non Schengen terminal in use until the nearly the end of October) then Valldemossa is the more conveniently placed, Formentor is the larger of the two, more or less equal in food and drink provision (and run by the same company). Perfectly acceptable, but not worth a long stay.

More details here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...lorca-pmi.html
Yes, all up to date, Valldemossa also has soup/toaster now (and also only one of them in use at a time...). Just remember that it's after security but before passport control (usually no more than 5 mins from leaving the lounge to getting through passport control, then 1-5 mins to any gate from there.
Old Sep 21, 2016, 7:35 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Prospero
There is a freezer full of Mövenpick vanilla ice cream as well.

Old Sep 21, 2016, 8:39 am

Programs: BAEC, FlyingBlue, IHG Gold Amb, Kimpton whatever
I seem to recall that at BOD recently we were told that the lounge was closed at that time of night (the evening flight) which suggests it may be open/available during the day.

Any update on MUC (see Aug 17, above)? Going there in a couple of weeks and had been planning to hang out in the lounge and work on the way home while munching pretzels.
Old Sep 23, 2016, 4:23 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Silver, Flying Blue Zilch, East Coast Rewards Lots&lots, Miles & More nada
Originally Posted by Prospero
OPO

June 2016 update: BA's contract appears to have ended and there is currently no lounge provision for BA passengers at OPO
I have a data point which may or may not be relevant. I gained access to this lounge today when flying on a BA booking, Air Nostrum metal in economy.
Old Sep 23, 2016, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Originally Posted by cziwkga
I have a data point which may or may not be relevant. I gained access to this lounge today when flying on a BA booking, Air Nostrum metal in economy.
It's the YW metal that counted, and they/IB have an agreement.
Old Sep 24, 2016, 2:44 am

Originally Posted by GadgetGal
There is a freezer full of Mövenpick vanilla ice cream as well.

Sometimes you can find Movenpick Stracciatella in there also - fabulous ^
Old Sep 24, 2016, 2:49 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; M&M FT
Originally Posted by chasingtheblue
Any update on MUC (see Aug 17, above)? Going there in a couple of weeks and had been planning to hang out in the lounge and work on the way home while munching pretzels.
Turns out it was actually open as normal that day...
Old Sep 25, 2016, 12:54 pm

Programs: Don't even mention it. Grrrrrrr.
LIS ANA Lounge. Champagne: nil.
Old Sep 25, 2016, 1:42 pm

Programs: RJ Gold, AZ E+, Air Asia Platinum
Originally Posted by oktane
Can confirm - was laughed at when I asked for Champagne, looked at blankly when I asked for Gin / Whisky.
UPD:

I was in DME today,there was a bottle of Martini and a few wines and beers available. That's it.No other alcohol.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 11:16 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Silver, Flying Blue Zilch, East Coast Rewards Lots&lots, Miles & More nada
Originally Posted by BA6501
It's the YW metal that counted, and they/IB have an agreement.
Ah - noted. May take that routing again next time I'm there.
Old Oct 3, 2016, 5:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
The Orly Iberia lounge has now closed, replaced by an airside (in the gate 10 area) third party lounge (so not accessible or helpful to BA flyers). Shame as after arriving early for a couple BA/EC flights with bags to check (which they wouldn't accept) I went to the Iberia lounge to wait...
Old Oct 6, 2016, 5:23 am
Ambassador: Oneworld Alliance

Programs: BA Gold (GGL), Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Banana4321
LIS ANA Lounge. Champagne: nil.
I was in LIS last week. Check-in lady was firm that we should go to the ANA lounge. She chuckled when I mentioned the 'Blue Room/Lounge'.

The ANA lounge was a zoo. Horrendous bed blocking with briefcases, coats etc. There was a woman walking around with her small dog following her, not on a lead. (I saw her carrying it near security).

Not at all a pleasant place to sit and be refreshed.
Old Oct 13, 2016, 3:52 am

Programs: BA Silver, AF Ivory
Small update for BIO - much larger range of spirits available including vodka, whisky and brandy, and sparkling wine also in the fridge with 3 other whites, cheese and very large selection of sandwiches, range of newspapers in multiple languages,
Old Oct 22, 2016, 1:11 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
So there are two lounges at PMI? Anyone know which is the better? Looking to use tomorrow early evening. Could be busy as there's two flights back to London.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.