Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 30, 2015, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: S_W_S
European BA destinations without lounge access.
As investigated by FlyerTalk's very own c-w-s. (See post.)

No lounge, and no other lounge in airport: Typically these airports also have very limited facilities airside
BGO, BIA, BIQ, CFU, CHQ, CMF, EFL, EGC, FDH, FSC, FUE, GNB, GRX, JSI, JTR, KGS, KLX, LEI, LIG, MAH, MJV, NTE, OVD, PUY (their VIP lounge isn't available to passengers), PVK, UIP, ZTH (LCY has an external lounge in a separate building, so in the CIP category).

No lounge, but vouchers provided
LPA perhaps temporarily as of 1 May 2019

No lounge for BA, but there is for other airlines / Priority Pass
ACE, CAG (see this post), CGN (route suspended), FNC, HER (lounge opening times restricted), HUY (route suspended), KRK, OLB (BA charter CE can use lounge however), OPO, NUE (lounge is airside but register landside) Lounge at NUE now available to BA PAX (see this post), PMO (lounge closed until end of 2022), SKG , SPU, STR, SVQ. For RHO (see this post), TLL (route suspended).

No lounge for BA, but airport CIP lounge available
BDS (but very limited in scope, €25 online), BJV (€25 walk up fee), JMK (also PP), LCY (separate building), MPL (€18),

New routes with lounge
AAL, BIO, FLR, INV, KRK, VLC.

Print Wikipost

BA Lounge Database | Europe

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2017, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
OSL Oslo 3rd party lounge

In addition to the info in the wiki, I was delighted to find that among the delicious breakfast and probably lunch/supper items was a supply of Jaffa cakes.

Yummee. I do not recall seeing such wondrous items in other lounges.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 3:34 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Virgin Red
Originally Posted by BardLucyHumeXI
I'm currently in the Mercedes-Benz-branded lounge in St Petersburg LED in the middle of the afternoon. In addition to the items mentioned in the graphic there are also cereals, some salad leaves, soups and 4 somewhat similar hot food offerings:
various kinds of rice-based stodge, think BA Galleries if your school dinner ladies took over, but the meatball dish isn't bad and does the job.
c-w-s posted some photos here. It seems this lounge has now been rebranded. The layout looks very similar but it is now decorated in Mercedes-Benz livery and has a video wall playing Merc adverts on loop. Overall it makes for a nice look. I'm not sure whether it's still called Pulkovo or "Lounge S."

Here are my photos, I found lots more on this review in Portuguese.
Attached Images   
Old Mar 29, 2017, 8:08 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
In the Hugo Junkers at DUS. There is refurbishment work going on at the moment, it is very cramped with just about every seat full. I think that the space has reduced due to the work, but I'm not sure as I've not been in here before.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 9:36 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by shefgab
Sorry if it's been mentioned before, but is there any info on future TLL lounge arrangements? LHR-TLL launches on 28 March. There seems to be just one lounge, so BA will either use this, or they won't offer anything. It would be nice if a contract was signed before services commence.
Ok, so TLL has no lounge contract signed, and having spoken to a BA manager on site, he confirmed that new seasonable routes wouldn't get one (and something along the lines of "tickets are cheap, it would't be profitable for BA to offer lounge access to Club pax"). Whilst I disagree with the premise of his argument, London-Tallinn tickets can indeed be bought cheaply. But of course that doesn't mean that there aren't expensive tickets on sale.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 8:17 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Originally Posted by Prospero
DME Moscow
Attachment 12329
Note: recent reports suggest the provision of spirits and champagne has been withdrawn.

Attachment 12330

LED Saint Petersburg
Attachment 12331
Was in the DME lounge this morning and although didn't partake at 03:00 local, there were definitely bottles of spirits on the bar area. Didn't see any champagne though.

Hope this helps

S
Old Mar 31, 2017, 8:41 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by shefgab
Ok, so TLL has no lounge contract signed, and having spoken to a BA manager on site, he confirmed that new seasonable routes wouldn't get one (and something along the lines of "tickets are cheap, it would't be profitable for BA to offer lounge access to Club pax"). Whilst I disagree with the premise of his argument, London-Tallinn tickets can indeed be bought cheaply. But of course that doesn't mean that there aren't expensive tickets on sale.
Such an argument will not help the success of the route for BA, IMHO, although many (normal!) passengers will prefer to fly direct rather than connect via HEL.

I assume, therefore, that TLL fits into the following Wiki category, as lounge access is permitted for those travelling on AY in J from HEL to LHR:

No lounge for BA, but there is for other airlines / Priority Pass?

Information regarding the lounge here:

http://www.tallinn-airport.ee/en/ser...siness-lounge/
Old Mar 31, 2017, 10:15 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
BA treating TLL the same way it treats KRK
Old Apr 11, 2017, 3:30 am

Programs: HH D,CC,SPG,AZ: Gold;BA Silver, TK Elite
Originally Posted by Ikaz
I can confirm that there is no lounge in NTE
Thanks, do they provide vouchers or anything in lieu of that?

@C-w-s, could you please add it to the Wiki? I cannot seem to update it for some reason
Old Apr 11, 2017, 6:56 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Finnair Premium Lounge

Is the Finnair Premium Lounge at HEL only for Oneworld Emeralds now? The oneworld website says so, but I thought it used to be for Sapphires too? (as the slide here also suggests)

EDIT: so from Finnair.com it seems they have changed the rules...only Emeralds now I'll miss the sauna!
Attached Images  

Last edited by headingwest; Apr 11, 2017 at 7:15 am
Old Apr 11, 2017, 7:16 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by headingwest
Is the Finnair Premium Lounge at HEL only for Oneworld Emeralds now? The oneworld website says so, but I thought it used to be for Sapphires too? (as the slide here also suggests)

EDIT: so from Finnair.com it seems they have changed the rules...only Emeralds now I'll miss the sauna!
According to this thread in the AY board, the positon is not that clear:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/finna...en-area-6.html

Sorry to say headingwest, but I am pleased that access appears to have been reduced to OWE only, at least at peak times. The lounge, which is not that big, did become uncomfortably crowded at peak times, so reducing access at these times (e.g. Sunday evening IME and probably Saturday evening too) was needed.

P.S. your profile shows you as BA Gold?

Last edited by TravellerFrequently; Apr 11, 2017 at 7:22 am Reason: To add P.S.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 7:26 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently
your profile shows you as BA Gold?
Thanks for that TravellerFrequently, I can see that for OWEs is would be better.

I'm still Emerald but have a booking in January when I'll be Sapphire once again.

Just for info, they've stopped OWSs from booking economy comfort too....so cut backs all round!
Old Apr 27, 2017, 3:29 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Mucci de buveur de gin
Originally Posted by Prospero
TLL Tallinn
Lounge details to follow
Tallinn airport - Business Lounge

Located right after security and the duty free shop, up a flight of stairs. The lounge has an outdoor smoking / viewing terrace.

Selection of sandwiches, open sandwiches, mini quiches, salad pots, soup, biscuits and pastries. Reasonable selection of wine (one red, one white), spirits and soft drinks. No sign of champagne while I was there.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 3:37 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by stu1985
Tallinn airport - Business Lounge
Ah yes, but is it (now) open to BA passengers?
Old Apr 27, 2017, 3:47 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Platinum
Travelling to Athens in a few weeks in CE. From the looks of it, there's no lounge access there for BA customers ?
I have Priority Pass - in that case which is the best lounge to go for ?
Old Apr 27, 2017, 3:56 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Mucci de buveur de gin
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Ah yes, but is it (now) open to BA passengers?
Oh good question. Not 100% sure. Well at least there's now some information for when it is!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.