Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 30, 2015, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: S_W_S
European BA destinations without lounge access.
As investigated by FlyerTalk's very own c-w-s. (See post.)

No lounge, and no other lounge in airport: Typically these airports also have very limited facilities airside
BGO, BIA, BIQ, CFU, CHQ, CMF, EFL, EGC, FDH, FSC, FUE, GNB, GRX, JSI, JTR, KGS, KLX, LEI, LIG, MAH, MJV, NTE, OVD, PUY (their VIP lounge isn't available to passengers), PVK, UIP, ZTH (LCY has an external lounge in a separate building, so in the CIP category).

No lounge, but vouchers provided
LPA perhaps temporarily as of 1 May 2019

No lounge for BA, but there is for other airlines / Priority Pass
ACE, CAG (see this post), CGN (route suspended), FNC, HER (lounge opening times restricted), HUY (route suspended), KRK, OLB (BA charter CE can use lounge however), OPO, NUE (lounge is airside but register landside) Lounge at NUE now available to BA PAX (see this post), PMO (lounge closed until end of 2022), SKG , SPU, STR, SVQ. For RHO (see this post), TLL (route suspended).

No lounge for BA, but airport CIP lounge available
BDS (but very limited in scope, €25 online), BJV (€25 walk up fee), JMK (also PP), LCY (separate building), MPL (€18),

New routes with lounge
AAL, BIO, FLR, INV, KRK, VLC.

Print Wikipost

BA Lounge Database | Europe

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2017, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Traffordtraveller
Contacted BA via Twitter and they said that Athens no longer has a lounge for CE passengers for my date of travel. I don't know whether or not the is true or they are mistaken? Any ideas?
Well. I have just checked the oneworld lounge database and the third party lounge that BA used at ATH indeed no longer has the BA logo against it. So it would appear that BA have stopped paying for the lounge at ATH
Old Jun 27, 2017, 1:40 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Genius1
Well. I have just checked the oneworld lounge database and the third party lounge that BA used at ATH indeed no longer has the BA logo against it. So it would appear that BA have stopped paying for the lounge at ATH
I think that's incorrect, or rather the oneworld website hasn't been updated. The Onassis lounge is now available after the BA lounge was closed. Previous comments are here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ns-lounge.html
Old Jun 27, 2017, 2:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Originally Posted by Roger
I'm assuming that FUE has no BA lounge, though there's a so-called VIP lounge - Skyscanner says 'Business travellers can utilise the VIP lounge in the check-in area.' http://www.skyscanner.net/airports/f...a-airport.html

No IB lounge (2012) - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/iberi...teventura.html
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
It's been a few months since I was last in FUE but I have a trip coming up there, so I will revert. A lot of the "To Be Confirms" are also in my travel plans coming up over the next few months. My recollection is that there is no lounge there at all, and there's nothing on the Aena (national airports operator) website, when normally it would feature there.
As FUE doesn't appear in the WIKI, I'm assuming there is no lounge at FUE.

Is that correct? We'll be there in a couple of months. I still have impaired mobility and have requested wheelchair assistance. (We had to cancel last time, which is when I had an accident on the way to LGW.) Thanks.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 3:04 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Roger
As FUE doesn't appear in the WIKI, I'm assuming there is no lounge at FUE.

Is that correct? We'll be there in a couple of months. I still have impaired mobility and have requested wheelchair assistance. (We had to cancel last time, which is when I had an accident on the way to LGW.) Thanks.
FUE has no lounge unfortunately. I'll update the Wiki.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 3:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Thanks as ever, C-W-S, for your quick and informative response.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 5:17 am

Couple of updates:

Luxembourg: no internet workstations here. Also policy is up 4 hours before flight.

Lyon: not sure about the location. The gate is F01. There is a lot of building work going on which you get a great view of from the lounge.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 3:51 am

Programs: MARRIOTT TITANIUM - Life, IHG Spire elite, BA BLUE previously BA Gold
Champagne LGW Club Lounge?

I have a CE flight booked out of LGW in a couple of weeks, I noticed that there was a comment in the Wiki that Champagne is available on request in the Club lounge at LGW.

I no longer hold any status within the Exec Club.

As it's an early morning 06:40 departure are we likely to be able to get a glass of champagne or bucks fizz? It's all part of a birthday treat for my wife's 50th.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 3:54 am
DVT

Programs: BA Bronze
Originally Posted by willmoac
I have a CE flight booked out of LGW in a couple of weeks, I noticed that there was a comment in the Wiki that Champagne is available on request in the Club lounge at LGW.

I no longer hold any status within the Exec Club.

As it's an early morning 06:40 departure are we likely to be able to get a glass of champagne or bucks fizz? It's all part of a birthday treat for my wife's 50th.
Yes, just ask any of the staff you see cleaning up the lounge and they'll get some for you.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 4:50 am

Originally Posted by willmoac
Originally Posted by DVT
Yes, just ask any of the staff you see cleaning up the lounge and they'll get some for you.
Specifically it's the BaxterStorey staff who can help with this, they wear a uniform very similar to the staff in Waitrose (BS staff call it their Waitrose shirt) with vertical lines on it. OK, with excessive attention to detail, BS' lines are fawn, Waitrose are grey. The main kitchen is on the left shortly after you enter so someone heading into that is the best person to ask. If you want it mixed to Bucks Fizz they'll probably do it if it's quiet.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 8:15 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Platinum
Dublin lounge

I'll be there for a week next month, and was wondering:
1) on arrival, is it possible to use the lounge ? I need to wait for a colleague who doesn't arrive for a couple of hours
2) on departure, presumably I can guest someone into the lounge (I have status) - I'm sure I read somewhere they don't allow guesting ??
3) any rules on how early you can turn up to the lounge on departure ?
Old Jun 30, 2017, 8:25 am

In the past the e-gates for entry into DUB security seemed to inhibit entry more than 3 hours before departure but I think that has been turned off now. If on BA metal and Emerald status then you can guest in the usual way, you may be thinking of the Aer Lingus arrangements which are indeed different. You can't get to the lounge when arriving into DUB, since it's now (almost) all segregated, so you would need an onward boarding pass to get to airside departures. It's an OK lounge, but I think there is a risk of some ennui setting in, if arriving more than a couple of hours before departure.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 1:31 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Specifically it's the BaxterStorey staff who can help with this, they wear a uniform very similar to the staff in Waitrose (BS staff call it their Waitrose shirt) with vertical lines on it. OK, with excessive attention to detail, BS' lines are fawn, Waitrose are grey. The main kitchen is on the left shortly after you enter so someone heading into that is the best person to ask. If you want it mixed to Bucks Fizz they'll probably do it if it's quiet.
Thanks, I will keep an eye out for the BS staff, I guess they are the contractors working the lounge.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 1:32 am

Originally Posted by DVT
Thanks ^
Old Jul 2, 2017, 7:33 am

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Originally Posted by Prospero
FNC Funchal
No lounge available to BA passengers. The TAP lounge is now the only lounge in FNC, but it does accept Priority Pass and Lounge Angel. As an alternative, there is a stunning outdoor terrace, restaurants and some quiet seating on Level 3. Use the escalators on the left just after
FNC also works for LoungeKey, but photo looks incredibly retro
Attached Images  
Old Jul 15, 2017, 9:10 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Thumbs down No lounge at ATH

Thread regarding the removal of lounge access at Athens airport.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ns-lounge.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.