Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 30, 2015, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: S_W_S
European BA destinations without lounge access.
As investigated by FlyerTalk's very own c-w-s. (See post.)

No lounge, and no other lounge in airport: Typically these airports also have very limited facilities airside
BGO, BIA, BIQ, CFU, CHQ, CMF, EFL, EGC, FDH, FSC, FUE, GNB, GRX, JSI, JTR, KGS, KLX, LEI, LIG, MAH, MJV, NTE, OVD, PUY (their VIP lounge isn't available to passengers), PVK, UIP, ZTH (LCY has an external lounge in a separate building, so in the CIP category).

No lounge, but vouchers provided
LPA perhaps temporarily as of 1 May 2019

No lounge for BA, but there is for other airlines / Priority Pass
ACE, CAG (see this post), CGN (route suspended), FNC, HER (lounge opening times restricted), HUY (route suspended), KRK, OLB (BA charter CE can use lounge however), OPO, NUE (lounge is airside but register landside) Lounge at NUE now available to BA PAX (see this post), PMO (lounge closed until end of 2022), SKG , SPU, STR, SVQ. For RHO (see this post), TLL (route suspended).

No lounge for BA, but airport CIP lounge available
BDS (but very limited in scope, €25 online), BJV (€25 walk up fee), JMK (also PP), LCY (separate building), MPL (€18),

New routes with lounge
AAL, BIO, FLR, INV, KRK, VLC.

Print Wikipost

BA Lounge Database | Europe

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2017, 5:57 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
Originally Posted by Calchas
Do you need a picture of the TLL lounge? I have a few but I suspect someone else may have high quality ones. Or do you only have pictures for lounges BA isn't too tight to pay for?
I have a couple also if required?
Old May 30, 2017, 1:40 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Calchas
Do you need a picture of the TLL lounge? I have a few but I suspect someone else may have high quality ones. Or do you only have pictures for lounges BA isn't too tight to pay for?
As TLL is a popular destination at the moment, a lounge card has now been added (with an appropriate caveat)
Old May 31, 2017, 6:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Prospero
As TLL is a popular destination at the moment ...
Sadly, and uncharacteristically, I fear you are behind the fashion. BA disallowed AY codes on their fare as of last week.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 5:47 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
A friend is flying to Limoges (LIG) shortly.

I looked at the airport's website and it does not appear that there is a lounge. Even if there is, I know there is no guarantee that BA would provide complimentary access to J and status card holders.

Once clear, LIG can be added to the list above.

Last edited by TravellerFrequently; Jun 4, 2017 at 6:10 am
Old Jun 4, 2017, 5:58 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently
A friend is flying to Limoges (LIG) shortly.
Yes, I'm a bit behind on updates, but no lounge in LIG. There are business rooms which can be hired there, but it's not a lounge in a conventional sense, and there are no lounge facilities open to passengers for any airline. Very small airport, very few facilities. There is a restaurant used by non airport users with a terrace view on the runway:

http://www.les-helices-restaurant.fr/
Old Jun 4, 2017, 6:12 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
There are business rooms which can be hired there, but it's not a lounge in a conventional sense, and there are no lounge facilities open to passengers for any airline.
Thank you for your comments. Will update the list above.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 6:13 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Thank you for your comments. Will update the list above.
Too late for that, even my input has been updated!
Old Jun 4, 2017, 6:14 am

Too late for that, even my input has been updated!
So I see!!
Old Jun 4, 2017, 6:18 am

The new route airports that I've still not visited are BDS, JSI, ZTH and PUY. I'm not expecting to find a lounge in any of them.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 8:44 am

Programs: BA Gold for Life
The new route airports that I've still not visited are BDS, JSI, ZTH and PUY. I'm not expecting to find a lounge in any of them.
I was at ZTH (Zakynthos) last Wednesday. No lounge and no airbridges.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 3:14 am

Programs: BA Gold
Just to alert - the hosting of the pictures isn't working
Old Jun 23, 2017, 3:32 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

Crikey, I updated the database images just a few days ago and boom! the monthly bandwidth has already been eaten up.

I will do whatever I can to restore the images (also affecting the dashboard, stickies and other lounge threads) during the next few days.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 10:32 am

Not seen a reference to the Rioja promotion in GF T3. Quite an extensive selection of white, rosé and red. With accompanying brochure.

Will update photo when I can get the technology to work (or more likely me to work the technology after some Rioja sampling...)

Last edited by TravellerFrequently; Jun 24, 2017 at 10:40 am
Old Jun 25, 2017, 3:29 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Gold
Not seen a reference to the Rioja promotion in GF T3. Quite an extensive selection of white, rosé and red. With accompanying brochure.

Will update photo when I can get the technology to work (or more likely me to work the technology after some Rioja sampling...)
There's something similar going on in GC T5 South, would be interesting to know if the wines are different.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 2:29 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Just booked a CE trip to Athens for November in the current sale and noticed that the return flight showed no lounge section in MMB only the flights on the way out and then onto Manchester from Heathrow on the way back. Contacted BA via Twitter and they said that Athens no longer has a lounge for CE passengers for my date of travel. I don't know whether or not the is true or they are mistaken? Any ideas?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.