Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 30, 2015, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: S_W_S
European BA destinations without lounge access.
As investigated by FlyerTalk's very own c-w-s. (See post.)

No lounge, and no other lounge in airport: Typically these airports also have very limited facilities airside
BGO, BIA, BIQ, CFU, CHQ, CMF, EFL, EGC, FDH, FSC, FUE, GNB, GRX, JSI, JTR, KGS, KLX, LEI, LIG, MAH, MJV, NTE, OVD, PUY (their VIP lounge isn't available to passengers), PVK, UIP, ZTH (LCY has an external lounge in a separate building, so in the CIP category).

No lounge, but vouchers provided
LPA perhaps temporarily as of 1 May 2019

No lounge for BA, but there is for other airlines / Priority Pass
ACE, CAG (see this post), CGN (route suspended), FNC, HER (lounge opening times restricted), HUY (route suspended), KRK, OLB (BA charter CE can use lounge however), OPO, NUE (lounge is airside but register landside) Lounge at NUE now available to BA PAX (see this post), PMO (lounge closed until end of 2022), SKG , SPU, STR, SVQ. For RHO (see this post), TLL (route suspended).

No lounge for BA, but airport CIP lounge available
BDS (but very limited in scope, €25 online), BJV (€25 walk up fee), JMK (also PP), LCY (separate building), MPL (€18),

New routes with lounge
AAL, BIO, FLR, INV, KRK, VLC.

Print Wikipost

BA Lounge Database | Europe

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2017, 7:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Has the 212 Orly West lounge closed? It has disappeared from the oneworld finder, and last time I was there (few weeks ago) I was told it was closed for a private event for AF CAY pax?
Old Feb 6, 2017, 1:22 am

Programs: BA Silver, AF Ivory
I was in it this time last week so I don't think so!
I'll be passing through gain in a couple of weeks so will check again.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 1:03 pm

Programs: BA, TK, HHonours, Le Club, Best Western Rewards
BA is using a new contract Lounge in Istanbul (IST). Few will I feel lament the bunker feel of the Primeclass lounge.

The new lounge, The Millennium lounge is upstairs at the far right of the airport as you enter (at the wrong end of the airport for Gate 504, the bus gate where BA's morning flight habitually uses).

The ambiance is certainly better, the food offering is not. Lest ways the breakfast offering was mini sandwiches & wraps individually wrapped in cellophone. Fruit and a few biscuits and soup also available. Self pour Efes on tap and a few bottles of wine but no Champagne, decent enough selection of soft drinks.

The lounge has no actual windows so therefore no view, but the high ceilings, and wooden floors make it feel more spacious and welcoming.

Internet speeds slow considering how few people were in the lounge. Staff very helpful though.

[IMG]Feb Phone photos 154 by https://www.flickr.com/photos/146299714@N06/, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]image by https://www.flickr.com/photos/146299714@N06/, on Flickr[/IMG]
Old Feb 9, 2017, 10:06 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Accor Plat, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by papyPiHi
NTE does not seem to have a lounge either, couldn't find anything on the BA website, the PP one or even the airport website
I can confirm that there is no lounge in NTE
Old Feb 13, 2017, 11:31 am

Programs: BA Gold. Flying Blue Gold. Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Plat AMB, Radisson Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by brp
We were at SVQ this past week. We were able to access the lounge flying IB Business. As there was nothing posted, it was not clear whether OW status alone would have been sufficient.

Cheers.
Flew back on BA2799 to LGW as a Silver in Club on 6 Feb 2017.

There is still no access for BA passengers based on either status or class of service. Many disappointed BA pax were turned away. However, Priority Pass and Lounge Club are now accepted and I was able to get in by using my Lounge Club card (Receptionist said I was their first Lounge Club customer).

Tried complaining to BA Customer Relations on my return and received a pretty disingenuous reply explaining that "the facilities are limited because the terminal itself is small".
Old Feb 13, 2017, 11:49 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Iberia Oro, SkyTeam - Elite Plus, Le Club Accor - Platinum
The lack of BA lounge provision at OPO is ridiculous.

Just used the TAP OPO-LIS shuttle service - paid 24 euro, and got lounge access as Star Alliance Gold, and then a complimentary glass of wine on the plane.

A whole different world...
Old Feb 16, 2017, 9:19 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by Prospero
VIE Vienna

Oneworld website says AIR lounge is only for AB and RJ pax, and no mention of the SKY lounge at all.

Which is correct?
Old Feb 16, 2017, 9:34 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by :D!
Oneworld website says AIR lounge is only for AB and RJ pax, and no mention of the SKY lounge at all.

Which is correct?
Flyertalk.
Old Feb 16, 2017, 12:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by :D!

Which is correct?
How long have you been with us now :D! ?
Old Feb 16, 2017, 1:29 pm

Programs: BAEC
I might be on SunAir ex-BRE (Bremen) next week (ahead of the route's closure). I assume there is no lounge?
Old Feb 16, 2017, 1:51 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by shefgab
I might be on SunAir ex-BRE (Bremen) next week (ahead of the route's closure). I assume there is no lounge?
Unless it has changed recently, no lounge. There are only 2 lounges airside, the AF-KLM one (very small) and the rather more impressive Lufthansa one. There is an airport run lounge landside for Priority Pass, near the check-in desks.
Old Feb 16, 2017, 3:04 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Unless it has changed recently, no lounge. There are only 2 lounges airside, the AF-KLM one (very small) and the rather more impressive Lufthansa one. There is an airport run lounge landside for Priority Pass, near the check-in desks.
That's a shame. Flights are now booked on an ovenight MAN-BRE-LCY jaunt. Any idea if EZ ever offer vouchers in lieu of the lounge?
Old Feb 16, 2017, 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by shefgab
That's a shame. Flights are now booked on an ovenight MAN-BRE-LCY jaunt. Any idea if EZ ever offer vouchers in lieu of the lounge?
If they were going to do that, it would be for their flights departing from LCY. And they don't.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 2:28 am
AJO

Programs: BA | A3 | AFKL | Hertz | SPG | Avis
No lounge in SNN for BA1 pax? Of course, given the 50 minute stopover, a lounge visit might not be feasible anyways.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 2:36 am

Originally Posted by AJO
No lounge in SNN for BA1 pax? Of course, given the 50 minute stopover, a lounge visit might not be feasible anyways.
Well, there is a dedicated seating area, slightly nicer chairs, water cooler and pot plants. But it's unlikely you would be sat there for anything more than a few minutes, 5 or 10 minutes would be typical. Lounge access wouldn't be viable in SNN since they need to see everyone at the gate, and then they will board everyone, the timetable isn't what they are working off here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.