Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 30, 2015, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: S_W_S
European BA destinations without lounge access.
As investigated by FlyerTalk's very own c-w-s. (See post.)

No lounge, and no other lounge in airport: Typically these airports also have very limited facilities airside
BGO, BIA, BIQ, CFU, CHQ, CMF, EFL, EGC, FDH, FSC, FUE, GNB, GRX, JSI, JTR, KGS, KLX, LEI, LIG, MAH, MJV, NTE, OVD, PUY (their VIP lounge isn't available to passengers), PVK, UIP, ZTH (LCY has an external lounge in a separate building, so in the CIP category).

No lounge, but vouchers provided
LPA perhaps temporarily as of 1 May 2019

No lounge for BA, but there is for other airlines / Priority Pass
ACE, CAG (see this post), CGN (route suspended), FNC, HER (lounge opening times restricted), HUY (route suspended), KRK, OLB (BA charter CE can use lounge however), OPO, NUE (lounge is airside but register landside) Lounge at NUE now available to BA PAX (see this post), PMO (lounge closed until end of 2022), SKG , SPU, STR, SVQ. For RHO (see this post), TLL (route suspended).

No lounge for BA, but airport CIP lounge available
BDS (but very limited in scope, €25 online), BJV (€25 walk up fee), JMK (also PP), LCY (separate building), MPL (€18),

New routes with lounge
AAL, BIO, FLR, INV, KRK, VLC.

Print Wikipost

BA Lounge Database | Europe

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2017, 2:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AJO
No lounge in SNN for BA1 pax? Of course, given the 50 minute stopover, a lounge visit might not be feasible anyways.
I suppose in principle they could open a bottle of champagne at the gate. But it would seem silly.

By the time you've been through US immigration and had someone look in your shoes it's almost boarding time.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 3:59 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
CDG 2A - CX Lounge

To confirm, that champagne is still being served - Baron d'Avella (Blanc de Noirs)

In addition, there was a Pouilly-Fumé as well as white and red Sancerres.
Attached Images  
Old Feb 27, 2017, 5:36 am

Booked CE from KRK at the weekend but already knew that there is no lounge access for BA customers. My departure is on a Saturday so it would appear that the lounge is shut anyway that day so no access for PP or paid for access etc. Is that really correct or an error on the airport website?

Also wondered what the following means?
"Outside opening hours we kindly invite you to the Business Lounge Schengen" Not sure how you can use a Schengen lounge outside of the non schengen opening hours?! EDIT: Various websites suggest it is possible at certain points of the day so assume the Schengen lounge is before the non schengen zone or something like that.

I wonder whether part of the reason BA does not pay for access (apart from being cheapskates) is that lounge access is not available at the airport every day so have decided not to provide it at all (or at least not prepared to pay for it to be specially opened for a single flight).

Business Lounge - Schengen countries

Passenger terminal, level +1, after passing through the security control.

Opening hours:

Monday 04:30 am - 09:00 pm
Tuesday 04:30 am - 09:00 pm
Wednesday 04:30 am - 09:00 pm
Thursday 04:30 am - 09:00 pm
Friday 04:30 am - 09:00 pm
Saturday 04:30 am - 09:00 pm
Sunday 04:30 am - 09:00 pm

Business Lounge - Non Schengen countries

Passenger terminal, level +1, after passing through the security and passport control.

Opening hours:

Monday 03:00 pm - 09:30 pm
Tuesday 04:00 pm - 09:30 pm
Wednesday 04:00 pm - 09:30 pm
Thursday 03:00 pm - 09:30 pm
Friday 03:00 pm - 09:30 pm
Sunday 03:00 pm - 09:30 pm

Outside opening hours we kindly invite you to the Business Lounge Schengen.

Last edited by hillwalker2004; Feb 27, 2017 at 5:46 am
Old Feb 27, 2017, 6:22 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
At KRK everyone clears security into the Schengen departures area where you can get into the Schengen lounge. From there its a 2 minute walk to passport control before getting to the small (gates 15-18) non Schengen departure area where the non Schengen lounge is

you will get access with PP into the Schengen lounge if the non Schengen lounge is closed

After clearing security I always go into the Schengen lounge and ask if the non Schengen lounge is open. (do not ask at check in as they will tell you any old rubbish). If the non Schengen lounge is open then I head for it. if it is closed I stay in the Schengen lounge.

And lounge access is not available to BA because BA do not pay for it. If BA paid for it the non Schengen lounge would be open more.

Last edited by scottishpoet; Feb 27, 2017 at 6:28 am
Old Mar 3, 2017, 1:53 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
New and improved lounge arrangements in CPH, details here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...n-airport.html

Key point is that this lounge is now close to the usual BA gate, after security and after the passport check.
Old Mar 4, 2017, 10:59 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
IST possible change

Just travelled ex IST. The Primeclass lounge reception insisted I use the Millenium lounge instead, on the first floor. BA signage outside so probably a permanent change. OW website isn't updated. Pretty grim space with awful wifi.
Old Mar 5, 2017, 12:41 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by UKFlyboy
Just travelled ex IST. The Primeclass lounge reception insisted I use the Millenium lounge instead, on the first floor. BA signage outside so probably a permanent change. OW website isn't updated. Pretty grim space with awful wifi.
Yes it is a permanent change, and Millenium is a bit better than Primeclass too, at least at peak times, though there's not a lot to separate them. It was raised in another thread, but thank you for posting him, it helps with the updating process.
Old Mar 5, 2017, 12:47 pm

Programs: BAEC
Sorry if it's been mentioned before, but is there any info on future TLL lounge arrangements? LHR-TLL launches on 28 March. There seems to be just one lounge, so BA will either use this, or they won't offer anything. It would be nice if a contract was signed before services commence.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 2:09 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
I used to skip the Primeclass lounge in IST because it rarely had enough space; the 'new' Millennium lounge is a further clear downgrade.
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Yes it is a permanent change, and Millenium is a bit better than Primeclass too, at least at peak times, though there's not a lot to separate them.
Could you outline the reasons why you think it is better?

It has more space to sit, certainly, on account of having fewer passengers ... but the food offer was obviously inferior and the tables were uncleared and chairs were in an absolutely dreadful, filthy condition. No toilets (there are some in the terminal on the same floor but these were closed so had to go downstairs to the food court) and newspapers on Sunday were from Thursday. "Pretty grim space with awful wifi" from above sums it up. You still have to go to the check-in desk to collect an invitation, and since BA now often uses bus gate 504 at the opposite end of the terminal, it can be a good 10-15 minutes walk before boarding. BA would be better giving out vouchers.

Presumably we are now stuck with this until the new airport is built?
Old Mar 14, 2017, 2:47 am

Originally Posted by ajamieson
I used to skip the Primeclass lounge in IST because it rarely had enough space; the 'new' Millennium lounge is a further clear downgrade.

Could you outline the reasons why you think it is better?
I think you've touched on it, for me the former lounge made it very difficult to get a quiet spot, it often involved sharing tables, sometimes it was standing room only. For me, having peace and quiet is a big component on using a lounge, otherwise one may as well be in the main seating area of the airport. I also found the new lounge tidier than Primeclass, but I accept it wasn't the case for you.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 11:13 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, United 1K, BA Blue, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum
One clarification request. OW website says that there are 2 lounges at Istanbul, Millennium for QR and RJ pax and Prime Class for BA and IB pax. However, the wiki lists only the Millennium place. Therefore, does the wiki need correcting or will the dragons at Millennium lounge still welcome me with open arms despite what the OW site says?
Old Mar 16, 2017, 11:19 am

It is definitely now only the Millennium lounge for BA now. Since these are all third party lounges, you'd need to use the one specified by your carrier. I wouldn't waste time in either tbh.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 11:31 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, United 1K, BA Blue, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by ajamieson
It is definitely now only the Millennium lounge for BA now. Since these are all third party lounges, you'd need to use the one specified by your carrier.
So it's an error on the OW site then, which says that those on BA and IB flights are to use the Prime Class lounge and Millennium is only for QR and RJ.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 11:40 am

Well BA certainly thinks so, and it should know.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 6:16 am

Programs: BA Silver, Virgin Red
St Petersburg LED

I'm currently in the Mercedes-Benz-branded lounge in St Petersburg LED in the middle of the afternoon. In addition to the items mentioned in the graphic there are also cereals, some salad leaves, soups and 4 somewhat similar hot food offerings:
various kinds of rice-based stodge, think BA Galleries if your school dinner ladies took over, but the meatball dish isn't bad and does the job.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.