Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 30, 2015, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: S_W_S
European BA destinations without lounge access.
As investigated by FlyerTalk's very own c-w-s. (See post.)

No lounge, and no other lounge in airport: Typically these airports also have very limited facilities airside
BGO, BIA, BIQ, CFU, CHQ, CMF, EFL, EGC, FDH, FSC, FUE, GNB, GRX, JSI, JTR, KGS, KLX, LEI, LIG, MAH, MJV, NTE, OVD, PUY (their VIP lounge isn't available to passengers), PVK, UIP, ZTH (LCY has an external lounge in a separate building, so in the CIP category).

No lounge, but vouchers provided
LPA perhaps temporarily as of 1 May 2019

No lounge for BA, but there is for other airlines / Priority Pass
ACE, CAG (see this post), CGN (route suspended), FNC, HER (lounge opening times restricted), HUY (route suspended), KRK, OLB (BA charter CE can use lounge however), OPO, NUE (lounge is airside but register landside) Lounge at NUE now available to BA PAX (see this post), PMO (lounge closed until end of 2022), SKG , SPU, STR, SVQ. For RHO (see this post), TLL (route suspended).

No lounge for BA, but airport CIP lounge available
BDS (but very limited in scope, €25 online), BJV (€25 walk up fee), JMK (also PP), LCY (separate building), MPL (€18),

New routes with lounge
AAL, BIO, FLR, INV, KRK, VLC.

Print Wikipost

BA Lounge Database | Europe

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2016, 7:31 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; M&M FT
To my great surprise, ba.com just informed me that there will be no lounge available at MUC this weekend - having spent many hours in that lounge, is this just an IT glitch or is it currently undergoing refurbishment (wouldn't hurt...)?
Old Aug 21, 2016, 7:50 am

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Gold; Sprüngli Connaisseur
Originally Posted by Prospero
FAO Faro

FNC Funchal
No lounge available to BA passengers. The TAP lounge is now the only lounge in FNC, but it does accept Priority Pass and Lounge Angel. As an alternative, there is a stunning outdoor terrace, restaurants and some quiet seating on Level 3. Use the escalators on the left just after security.

LIS Lisbon

Summer 2015: As the Terminal is undergoing extensive remodelling, the usual landmarks and navigational cues are obscured at the moment. If you aim for Gate 14 and follow the signage you'll find the Blue Lounge without too much difficulty. Your reward, the lounge has a new Nespresso machine and this season's nectarines are delicious

OPO Porto

June 2016 update: BA's contract appears to have ended and there is currently no lounge provision for BA passengers at OPO
The Pastels de Belem mentioned are more than likely Pastels de Nata. I recently had the differences pointed out to me (crunchier crust, lighter filling) Apparently, you can only get Pastels de Belem in Belem itself.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 8:23 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Not really sure where to post this so decided to post here as not really a lounge focus per se, rather just some pics of the BSL lounge for those interested...happily they can be used to create a lounge focus thread if the MODs deem it more appropriate or elsewhere...

Window seats overlooking the apron:

great airside viewing seats BSL lounge
by BA_pics, on Flickr

NOTE: there are signs that food/beverages are not allowed outside on the terrace, although I did see plenty of people decide to ignore that and take drinks outside...nor sure if staff would say anything if they saw this or not (had to depart shortly thereafter!)

I like this third party lounge more than most and indeed more than many BA only lounges...

There are three levels to the lounge and two in use normally (at least for the BA flight times) which are the ground floor and second floor (the two biggest ones) the third floor is roped off and is quite small above the food area on the second floor.

Water feature and small bridge:

small water feature BSL lounge
by BA_pics, on Flickr

You can sit and watch out the windows airside over a very wide angle of the second floor (nearly 180 degrees of the sky IIRC) with seating being generally in comfortable pairs of relaxed lounger type seats as well as some areas with more compact and traditional chairs. (but still modern design).

Outdoor Terrace seating and airside viewing platform:

outdoor terrace seating area BSL airport lounge
by BA_pics, on Flickr

Indoor Trees help air quality and bring life to the lounge: (not to mention also helping open up the amount of light and space due to double / height aspect:

indoor entrance area with real trees BSL lounge
by BA_pics, on Flickr

The air quality is very good here as there is a small water feature inside with some trees as well on the ground floor which can be viewed from all levels as well as a lovely outdoor and quite large terrace with seating and views to the airfield.

The food selection was decent for a PP type lounge with more offerings than usual and a decent selection of drinks as well.

Staff were quite friendly and helpful and there was a decent selection of items to read as well in a few languages. The lounge didn't seem to be used too heavily and therefore there are plenty of places to sit and it was quiet!

You can see some of the seats and entrance doors to the terrace here:

Terrace doors BSL
by BA_pics, on Flickr

Wine/Sparkling selection:

bubbles wine BSL lounge by BA_pics, on Flickr

Beer selection:

beer offering BSL lounge
by BA_pics, on Flickr

spirits selection BSL:

spirits offering BSL lounge
by BA_pics, on Flickr

Food offering (some of it):

food offering BSL lounge
by BA_pics, on Flickr

Food offering 2:

other food water BSL lounge
by BA_pics, on Flickr

Coffee / Hot drinks machines:

coffee machines BSL lounge
by BA_pics, on Flickr

Wooden interior style and second floor area:

second floor BSL lounge wooden design
by BA_pics, on Flickr

If you get a chance well worth a visit (as is the city and surrounding area!). Hope this is of use and interest.

Last edited by BotB; Aug 25, 2016 at 8:32 am Reason: note about drinks / food outside.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 12:25 pm

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Gold; Sprüngli Connaisseur
Originally Posted by BotB
Wine/Sparkling selection:

bubbles wine BSL lounge by BA_pics, on Flickr
That looks to be the Turkheim Pinot Blanc on the right. It's a relatively inexpensive wine, but a very solid producer. I love their Pinot Gris. It's a shame they don't have their Crémant as well, which is and excellent Crémant. A good bit nicer than the Aspire lounge at ZRH.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 3:00 pm
Accor Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Originally Posted by greg5
That looks to be the Turkheim Pinot Blanc on the right. It's a relatively inexpensive wine, but a very solid producer. I love their Pinot Gris. It's a shame they don't have their Crémant as well, which is and excellent Crémant. A good bit nicer than the Aspire lounge at ZRH.
well spotted ^ , I've checked the original photo and indeed it is from the producer you thought it might be:

wine label
by BA_pics, on Flickr

I'll have to give the wines you mention a try next time we visit the relatives there...(Baden, so not far from Alsace) ^
Old Aug 29, 2016, 1:00 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum
Bergerac (EGC)

Having just travelled through EGC to LCY, I can confirm that there is no lounge at all and no vouchers offered.

There is a pleasant French cafe landside with outdoor seating and ice cream! Or bring a picnic and sit on the grass. Check-in and boarding announcements can be heard from the cafe. There is wi-fi but it needs a code.

Airside has a few vending machines in an airconditioned gate area but that's all. Security and passport control are both very quick so the best strategy seems to be to check-in then hang around landside until you see your inbound plane landing or for as long as you dare.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 3:47 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Caerbannog
Having just travelled through EGC to LCY, I can confirm that there is no lounge at all and no vouchers offered.
There are some more details and photos about Bergerac here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...gerac-egc.html

and previously comment here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ay-2016-a.html

It is a fairly sleepy location, I have to say! I didn't particularly miss the lounge there, the free airport wifi distracted me.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 6:07 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze, AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Globalist
Bordeaux

I never thought I would be writing about a lack of a lounge being a positive but I am!

The truly awful Bordeaux lounge is no more. Passengers are now offered a €10 voucher to spend at food outlets in the airport. Anyone who has travelled through BOD will be aware that post security there is only a tiny snack bar therefore advice is to use the cafe that is right next to the security entrance. You can then monitor the security line whilst eating/drinking. Although given the timing of the BOD evening flight long security lines are never an issue.

Vouchers are hand written by check in staff. Seems they will give two vouchers to a card holder to use for him/her and a guest (if traveling with non status holders).

Food offering in the cafe is reasonable but pricey. €6 for 50cl of Affligem, €3 for water, €5 for a baguette sandwich with Ham and cheese. Heineken also on tap plus red and white wine.

I forgot to see what the notice on the old lounge entrance now says so it could be that the lounge is still there but BA no longer pay to use it.

I have updated the Wiki but if someone could update the BOD entry in the main France post that would be good.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 6:15 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by PoincianaKings
I never thought I would be writing about a lack of a lounge being a positive but I am!
Ah, well I was under the impression that the BOD lounge had been upgraded. See this post:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/26791446-post388.html

Any idea what happened here?
Old Aug 29, 2016, 6:19 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
I would love to understand why at some airports where lounges are not available people are given vouchers while at my base airport BA does not offer either the perfectly adequate lounge nor vouchers
Old Aug 29, 2016, 6:21 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze, AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Ah, well I was under the impression that the BOD lounge had been upgraded. See this post:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/26791446-post388.html

Any idea what happened here?
No idea and annoyingly I didn't see that post before I flew back last night otherwise I would have asked the check in staff. I just assumed the voucher system was in place in lieu of the lounge. I did note at OLCI that the lounge section of MMB said a voucher would be issued.

It may well be that the new lounge is closed for the evening flight, all of the shops in the checkin hall were closed and The airport was a ghost town- the BA flight being the last flight out. Of course that is pure speculation on my part.
Old Aug 31, 2016, 7:20 am

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Prospero
GIB Gibraltar
Anyone have any recent experiences of the GIB lounge? Does the terrace have good views? Any update on the champagne situation?
Old Aug 31, 2016, 7:31 am

Originally Posted by Dicksbits
Anyone have any recent experiences of the GIB lounge? Does the terrace have good views? Any update on the champagne situation?
There's plenty of bottle of fizzy water! Much better for you. I think most people are happy with the wine selection from what I can make out. As for the view, well, decide for yourself:

Old Aug 31, 2016, 7:37 am

Fantastic thanks!!
Old Sep 2, 2016, 3:03 pm

PMI Palma de Mallorca

Is the Palma entry up to date? I'm not being offered anything in MMB for a PMI return…

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.