Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 30, 2015, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: S_W_S
European BA destinations without lounge access.
As investigated by FlyerTalk's very own c-w-s. (See post.)

No lounge, and no other lounge in airport: Typically these airports also have very limited facilities airside
BGO, BIA, BIQ, CFU, CHQ, CMF, EFL, EGC, FDH, FSC, FUE, GNB, GRX, JSI, JTR, KGS, KLX, LEI, LIG, MAH, MJV, NTE, OVD, PUY (their VIP lounge isn't available to passengers), PVK, UIP, ZTH (LCY has an external lounge in a separate building, so in the CIP category).

No lounge, but vouchers provided
LPA perhaps temporarily as of 1 May 2019

No lounge for BA, but there is for other airlines / Priority Pass
ACE, CAG (see this post), CGN (route suspended), FNC, HER (lounge opening times restricted), HUY (route suspended), KRK, OLB (BA charter CE can use lounge however), OPO, NUE (lounge is airside but register landside) Lounge at NUE now available to BA PAX (see this post), PMO (lounge closed until end of 2022), SKG , SPU, STR, SVQ. For RHO (see this post), TLL (route suspended).

No lounge for BA, but airport CIP lounge available
BDS (but very limited in scope, €25 online), BJV (€25 walk up fee), JMK (also PP), LCY (separate building), MPL (€18),

New routes with lounge
AAL, BIO, FLR, INV, KRK, VLC.

Print Wikipost

BA Lounge Database | Europe

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2016, 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by scottishpoet
which lounge do people recommend if flying from Helsinki to LHR?
You are BA gold, so Finnair premium (free champagne if not for anything else). For silvers Finnair Premium for morning flights but there are reports that silvers are denied in the afternoon. Finnair general lounge is near the gate but almost@home is nicer in my opinion.
Old Jun 1, 2016, 4:43 pm

Programs: TK E+, AA PLAT
LHR T5 Club Galleries

I just had my first visit to Club Galleries (or whatever they are called ) at T5 last week and after reading a fair few disappointing reviews I must say I was pleasantly surprised. Nice space, friendly and helpful staff and what seemed like a good selections of drinks. However, I don't get the soup and sandwich until 6pm concept, seems a bit stingy to me, as it shouldn't be that difficult to put out a few hot dishes.

Is this a normal thing for BA lounges?
Old Jun 1, 2016, 5:23 pm

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
Originally Posted by boosh
I just had my first visit to Club Galleries (or whatever they are called ) at T5 last week and after reading a fair few disappointing reviews I must say I was pleasantly surprised. Nice space, friendly and helpful staff and what seemed like a good selections of drinks. However, I don't get the soup and sandwich until 6pm concept, seems a bit stingy to me, as it shouldn't be that difficult to put out a few hot dishes.

Is this a normal thing for BA lounges?
At Galleries Club level, yes. You'll find that most (but by no means all) other business class lounges on other airlines have a similar spread.

Galleries First has hot food all day, which is the differentiator.
Old Jun 1, 2016, 11:37 pm

Originally Posted by paul4040
At Galleries Club level, yes. You'll find that most (but by no means all) other business class lounges on other airlines have a similar spread.

Galleries First has hot food all day, which is the differentiator.
I still think you get a better choice in most other airline lounges, not by much though and it doesn't have to be a hughe hot food offering but at least something if you are vegetarian, gluten or lactose intolerant.
Old Jun 2, 2016, 12:19 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by boosh
I still think you get a better choice in most other airline lounges, not by much though and it doesn't have to be a hughe hot food offering but at least something if you are vegetarian, gluten or lactose intolerant.

there are always meat free options available and gluten free snacks available on request.
Old Jun 10, 2016, 9:46 am

Programs: BA Gold, CX Gold (OW Sapphire), Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Accor Platinum
Does anyone (hopefully CWS) know what lounge facilities BA has at Bodrum? Father-in-law heading back from there in Club in a couple of weeks and would like to make sure he is fully informed!
Old Jun 10, 2016, 5:09 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Jordan D
Does anyone (hopefully CWS) know what lounge facilities BA has at Bodrum? Father-in-law heading back from there in Club in a couple of weeks and would like to make sure he is fully informed!
It's in the Wiki, so you need the full site version to see it. No BA lounge facilities I'm afraid in Bodrum, there is the Airport's own business lounge, the Comfort Lounge on the upper level above the main departure concourse, this is available to Priority Pass cardholders. It's big and modern, with a typical if unexciting range of food and drinks. I think international alcohol has to be paid for, but local beer is free, or something similar. You can also pay on the door. Bodrum airport is quite large and efficient, they have to process a lot of charters at late hours, and usually the BA services are in the quieter periods. The lounge is at the opposite end of the airport to the BA gate, which makes it a bit of a hike.
Old Jun 11, 2016, 2:12 pm

Programs: BA Gold, CX Gold (OW Sapphire), Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
It's in the Wiki, so you need the full site version to see it. No BA lounge facilities I'm afraid in Bodrum, there is the Airport's own business lounge, the Comfort Lounge on the upper level above the main departure concourse, this is available to Priority Pass cardholders. It's big and modern, with a typical if unexciting range of food and drinks. I think international alcohol has to be paid for, but local beer is free, or something similar. You can also pay on the door. Bodrum airport is quite large and efficient, they have to process a lot of charters at late hours, and usually the BA services are in the quieter periods. The lounge is at the opposite end of the airport to the BA gate, which makes it a bit of a hike.
Bah. Sorry - I looked under the Turkey post for BJV and missed the wiki; now opened on a computer and can see that.

Somewhat frustrating - was hoping he and his partner could enjoy the lounge pre-flight as neither have flown Club Europe (or any Business Class) before, so would have been a nice pre-flight element. Not to be. Disappointing BA didn't arrange anything with the airport for the comfort lounge.
Old Jun 12, 2016, 12:12 pm

Programs: BAEC
Thumbs down No Porto Lounge

Originally Posted by Prospero

OPO Porto
I can confirm that BA does NOT provide a lounge in OPO (well, they weren't last week anyway). There is a lounge available via PP etc, and contracted for most other airlines which I thought was of reasonable quality. BA were not on the airline list.

Bizarrely BA DO pay for Fast Track security. You get a little sticker on your boarding pass from the check in desk.

I've updated the Wiki

Last edited by shefgab; Jun 12, 2016 at 12:20 pm
Old Jun 12, 2016, 1:03 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by shefgab
I can confirm that BA does NOT provide a lounge in OPO (well, they weren't last week anyway).
OK, something isn't right here. I went on the first flight from OPO and was whisked into that lounge like a long lost friend (never been there before in my life). Then several contributors said "no lounge". So in the wiki I demoted it to TBC.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25042134-post262.html

Then I went again, same experience, yes Mr. CWS, how lovely to see you again. After that we then got this:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/26614769-post357.html

So I raised it to full access again. I'm not able to offer an explanation.
Old Jun 12, 2016, 2:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
The third party Ana lounge at Porto is listed on the oneworld website, but only for Iberia.
Old Jun 12, 2016, 4:03 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
OK, something isn't right here. I went on the first flight from OPO and was whisked into that lounge like a long lost friend (never been there before in my life). Then several contributors said "no lounge". So in the wiki I demoted it to TBC.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25042134-post262.html

Then I went again, same experience, yes Mr. CWS, how lovely to see you again. After that we then got this:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/26614769-post357.html

So I raised it to full access again. I'm not able to offer an explanation.
I guess you just got the VVIP treatment! I asked at the check in desk, and was clearly told that BA had no lounge agreement. At the lounge itself it was confirmed that BA customers had no access (unless paid). I quick survey of the passengers in the lounge and those I saw in CE, and there were no matches, so it wasn't just me that was told there was no lounge. It seems strange that they would sign a contract, then stop it, then start it again, them stop again

Really doesn't make sense to not provide lounge access when there is clearly a lounge available, especially when airlines like IB are offering it.
Old Jun 12, 2016, 11:23 pm

Maybe they have see to many inflatable horses go missing have banned BA pax as a result of it
Old Jun 17, 2016, 6:22 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR; AF/KLM FB Silver; M&M LH FTL; LY GLD; HH Diamond; SPG Gold; A-Club Silver; Avis PCI
Originally Posted by Prospero
BOD Bordeaux
BOD lounge has changed. What a difference. Take an invite at check-in, then after security turn right and right again, up to second floor with the lift and hand invite to the lounge attendant (no code needed anymore).

Food and drinks much improved including white, rose and red Lillets in addition to other wines, proper sandwiches (there were tuna and chicken options), various snacks, rolls, butter, jam, etc. maybe there were some hot dishes (not sure as I was just snacking).

Plenty of seating, both armchairs and table seating, with several privacy walls, it's a much bigger place than the old one.

I'll try to post some photos later.

Cheers

economyman
Attached Images     

Last edited by economyman; Jun 17, 2016 at 6:57 am
Old Jun 17, 2016, 8:32 am

Originally Posted by economyman
BOD lounge has changed. What a difference.
Goodness, that's one of the biggest transformations I've ever seen in a lounge refurb! (Hopefully LGW will be soon to follow). In one fell swoop BOD has removed itself from being one of the worst lounges around to one of the better ones. Just look at all those power sockets, and the wide range of seating options.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.