Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 30, 2015, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: S_W_S
European BA destinations without lounge access.
As investigated by FlyerTalk's very own c-w-s. (See post.)

No lounge, and no other lounge in airport: Typically these airports also have very limited facilities airside
BGO, BIA, BIQ, CFU, CHQ, CMF, EFL, EGC, FDH, FSC, FUE, GNB, GRX, JSI, JTR, KGS, KLX, LEI, LIG, MAH, MJV, NTE, OVD, PUY (their VIP lounge isn't available to passengers), PVK, UIP, ZTH (LCY has an external lounge in a separate building, so in the CIP category).

No lounge, but vouchers provided
LPA perhaps temporarily as of 1 May 2019

No lounge for BA, but there is for other airlines / Priority Pass
ACE, CAG (see this post), CGN (route suspended), FNC, HER (lounge opening times restricted), HUY (route suspended), KRK, OLB (BA charter CE can use lounge however), OPO, NUE (lounge is airside but register landside) Lounge at NUE now available to BA PAX (see this post), PMO (lounge closed until end of 2022), SKG , SPU, STR, SVQ. For RHO (see this post), TLL (route suspended).

No lounge for BA, but airport CIP lounge available
BDS (but very limited in scope, €25 online), BJV (€25 walk up fee), JMK (also PP), LCY (separate building), MPL (€18),

New routes with lounge
AAL, BIO, FLR, INV, KRK, VLC.

Print Wikipost

BA Lounge Database | Europe

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2016, 3:12 pm

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Originally Posted by Dicksbits
So there are two lounges at PMI? Anyone know which is the better? Looking to use tomorrow early evening. Could be busy as there's two flights back to London.
Yes, there are 2 lounges, Valldemossa and Formentor. Formentor is a little larger, but that aside the provisions (food, drinks, Internet) are pretty much identical in both. If you're flying tomorrow you will be departing from the A gates, and Valldemossa is closer to those gates (both lounges are in the Schengen area, before passport control). If you really want to try Formentor, which is down by the D gates, it would add roughly an extra 5 mins walk each way for someone of average mobility to get there and back compared to using Valldemossa. Although Formentor is slightly more spacious, the extra walk is not really worth it for me unless Valldemossa is completely full.

Once the A gates are closed for winter (roughly speaking from Nov-Mar), BA flights will depart from the D gates and Formentor will be closer.

Quickest way to get to Valldemossa lounge after security is to exit through duty free (no choice unless you have special assistance), then walk through the first part of the shopping / dining area to the end. To your left there is a ramp down to the A gates. Slightly hidden to the left of that ramp is a small escalator with a sign to B gates and VIP lounge. Go down that escalator and double back on yourself to the right, the lounge will be in front of you on the right hand side. The food and drinks are split to the right and left of the reception - savoury food, wines and spirits to the left, mostly sweet food, beer and soft drinks to the right.

The lounges are comfortable enough, but I wouldn't plan a long stay.
Old Oct 25, 2016, 5:46 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Visited the lounge BA uses in CPH, the Aviator Lounge. Wow was it crowded. I couldn't find a seat at first, until I realized the staff was too overwhelmed and was unable to keep up with clearing dirty dishes from tables. Also, it's hard to find outlets. There only seemed to be wine, beer and soda, no booze that I saw. Food was limited to a large selection of breads, cold cuts, cheese, fruit and some nibbles. I left quickly and went to the Aspire Lounge instead, if you Priority Pass this is a good choice for you too.

Old Oct 25, 2016, 5:57 pm

Programs: BA Gold
FAO lounge is now one of the ANA ones as well - not great, but better than what was there before as it has windows!
Old Oct 29, 2016, 2:33 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Prospero
ATH Athens
Sadly the Galleries Lounge in ATH has closed and passengers are now being given a pass to the Skyserv Aristotle Onassis Lounge
Old Nov 29, 2016, 8:27 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
If you fly on the BA 2241 from Riga, which is an air Baltic code share, is there lounge access?
Old Nov 29, 2016, 10:18 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by scottishpoet
If you fly on the BA 2241 from Riga, which is an air Baltic code share, is there lounge access?
Unfortunately not, if travelling economy. There is a Priority Pass lounge (in Schengen, but the passport check area isn't so far away, and you can get from the passport check to the gate in a few minutes, despite RIX being fairly large).
Old Dec 18, 2016, 9:30 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
Loungless in LUX

The LUX (embourg) lounge appears to be closed at the moment, perhaps for reconstruction. The access route to it (up the stairs near the Schengen border control entrance) is blocked, and at the top of the stairs is a hoarding as of a construction site, behind it some signs of construction are visible.

Lounge access was also not mentioned at check-in.

I couldn't find any more information about it. Waiting facilities in the general airside area are basic but not unpleasant; only drinks and a few sandwiches are for sale past the Schengen border. The airport WiFi speed is 25Mbit/sec in either direction, which is quite the fastest free wifi I have come across in any airport.
Old Dec 18, 2016, 9:40 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by flatlander
The LUX (embourg) lounge appears to be closed at the moment, perhaps for reconstruction. The access route to it (up the stairs near the Schengen border control entrance) is blocked, and at the top of the stairs is a hoarding as of a construction site, behind it some signs of construction are visible.
Did you attempt this before getting to the duty free shop? The access to the LUX lounge is a bit hidden. After security you turn around a corner and most people continue down an escalator which takes you into that duty free shop. Don't take that escalator, instead stay on the same level as security, and the lounge is directly ahead, behind the check-in desk. Once you are in the duty free shop the only way to the lounge is back the way you came, to nearly security. The signage on the lower level is confusing, however.
Old Dec 18, 2016, 11:03 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
No, I went downstairs (following the VIP lounge signage, to find the signed VIP entrance back up was blocked). I did remember the LUX lounge is not so easy to find, but I've been there before so I know it exists.

If the currently open access is on the same level as the checkin, before descending to duty free and contrary to the signage, then I missed it.
Old Dec 18, 2016, 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by flatlander
No, I went downstairs (following the VIP lounge signage, to find the signed VIP entrance back up was blocked). I did remember the LUX lounge is not so easy to find, but I've been there before so I know it exists.

If the currently open access is on the same level as the checkin, before descending to duty free and contrary to the signage, then I missed it.
the same happened to me in LUX, I walked up until the passport control to find the escalator/lift closed. went into the duty free and after few times of asking around i managed to find it.,
Old Dec 25, 2016, 6:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
My review of the excellent IB Velazquez lounge at MAD T4S can be found here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...pe-w-pics.html
Old Jan 15, 2017, 10:00 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Saldy, the ice cream freezer in BCN has gone, have asked and ice cream is no longer available. On the plus side, the new fast track security was quick, efficient and quiet.

Last edited by navylad; Jan 15, 2017 at 10:05 am
Old Jan 15, 2017, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
BOD update: IB check-in staff mentioned that BA no longer have a lounge agreement in BOD.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by BA6501
BOD update: IB check-in staff mentioned that BA no longer have a lounge agreement in BOD.
I think what has happened there is that BOD had the reputation for being one of the worst lounges in BA's network. It was duly refitted and refurnished about a year ago, thereby transforming itself to one of the best lounges in Provence. The airport then jacked up the fee per visitor, and BA decided not to renew the contract. Elsewhere it has been mentioned that a voucher is offered instead though I haven't seen evidence of this.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I think what has happened there is that BOD had the reputation for being one of the worst lounges in BA's network. It was duly refitted and refurnished about a year ago, thereby transforming itself to one of the best lounges in Provence. The airport then jacked up the fee per visitor, and BA decided not to renew the contract. Elsewhere it has been mentioned that a voucher is offered instead though I haven't seen evidence of this.
At last BA have a lounge there that isn't bloody awful, and now they don't want to pay for it?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.