Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 30, 2015, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: S_W_S
European BA destinations without lounge access.
As investigated by FlyerTalk's very own c-w-s. (See post.)

No lounge, and no other lounge in airport: Typically these airports also have very limited facilities airside
BGO, BIA, BIQ, CFU, CHQ, CMF, EFL, EGC, FDH, FSC, FUE, GNB, GRX, JSI, JTR, KGS, KLX, LEI, LIG, MAH, MJV, NTE, OVD, PUY (their VIP lounge isn't available to passengers), PVK, UIP, ZTH (LCY has an external lounge in a separate building, so in the CIP category).

No lounge, but vouchers provided
LPA perhaps temporarily as of 1 May 2019

No lounge for BA, but there is for other airlines / Priority Pass
ACE, CAG (see this post), CGN (route suspended), FNC, HER (lounge opening times restricted), HUY (route suspended), KRK, OLB (BA charter CE can use lounge however), OPO, NUE (lounge is airside but register landside) Lounge at NUE now available to BA PAX (see this post), PMO (lounge closed until end of 2022), SKG , SPU, STR, SVQ. For RHO (see this post), TLL (route suspended).

No lounge for BA, but airport CIP lounge available
BDS (but very limited in scope, €25 online), BJV (€25 walk up fee), JMK (also PP), LCY (separate building), MPL (€18),

New routes with lounge
AAL, BIO, FLR, INV, KRK, VLC.

Print Wikipost

BA Lounge Database | Europe

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2022, 1:53 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by Dicksbits
Has the BA lounge now closed in Brussels? https://www.oneworld.com/airport-lounges?location=BRU is showing something different now.
Yes it's closed, or rather just that this lounge is not known anymore as the BA lounge - however they kept all the same design and furnishing including the signature blue LED lighting.
BA does indeed use the Diamond lounge - which is acceptable in my opinion - based on the breakfast options, it was quite solid with a few hot items (what you would expect at a 3-4 star hotel breakfast).
Staff are friendly. Only possible issue could be seating capacity - it can get busy in the morning due to the number of long haul flights that uses this lounge.

Cheers!
Old Dec 5, 2022, 9:07 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hotels.com Gold
Small update on the lounge at BLQ Bologna, which is before security. As previously remarked on here, there is a well-hidden fast-track security lane at the back of the lounge, round through the extra seating section past the loos. This is a nice touch as it is more like the First Wing in being a separate priority security screening area with its own belt and scanner, rather than just feeding into the front of the queue for the main lanes. However it is not open for the full duration of the lounge's operating hours, and therefore my update is that this fast track lane is now only open from 09.00-18.00 daily per the sign, whereas the lounge itself says open until 21.00. If you are on the BA flight departing at 19.30 (or similar), as we were, you will have to leave the lounge much earlier than might otherwise be ideal to take advantage of this perk, or stay later and go back via the main security lanes.

I have no idea if it's relevant but we were asked when arriving at the lounge whether we held Gold status. We do, but I don't know if it might have been a problem if Silver. Later on we could hear some poor chap getting annoyed at being denied entry when flying SAS (business class or status, I don't know) and I suppose it was refreshing it wasn't BA which had "enhanced" away lounge access for once. Other airlines are just as bad!
Old Dec 5, 2022, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by vintagepilot
Update on the lounge situation at NUE as of this weekend - a better result than what was available back at posts #603 - 622 it seems.
The Durer Lounge appears to follow standard OW access rules as well as permitting PP entrance.
Thanks for the pictures; judging by the interior design, I think this used to be a Lufthansa lounge?
Old Dec 5, 2022, 11:38 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by Genius1
Thanks for the pictures; judging by the interior design, I think this used to be a Lufthansa lounge?
Yes - an ex-Lufti lounge, even furniture were kept...
Genius1 and SxMan like this.
Old Dec 5, 2022, 11:42 pm

Programs: BA (GGL/CCR)
Is anyone able to confirm the lounge situation at Paris CDG following BA’s move to Terminal 2B? TIA.
Old Dec 6, 2022, 2:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by CCayley
Is anyone able to confirm the lounge situation at Paris CDG following BA’s move to Terminal 2B? TIA.
The third party and oddly named Extime lounge is now used by BA allegedly; https://www.oneworld.com/airport-lounges?location=CDG
Old Dec 10, 2022, 2:35 am

Programs: BA Gold Hilton Diamond
Malta lounge

Arrived here around 10:30am and it was quiet. By 11:30 it was packed both inside and outside terrace.

The food was very nice especially the mini shepherds pie.

Old Dec 10, 2022, 3:10 am

Programs: BA; IHG; LHW; Hilton
Originally Posted by FlyingWelshie
Arrived here around 10:30am and it was quiet. By 11:30 it was packed both inside and outside terrace.

The food was very nice especially the mini shepherds pie.
i’m rather excited to see that ashtray. Looks a very enjoyable place.
Old Dec 20, 2022, 12:19 pm

Programs: Varies
ACE (Lanzarote)

Flying CE last week, I had access to the Sala VIP Guacimeta lounge at Arrecife (ACE). It's near Gate 1.

We sat outside on the shaded terrace, which was pleasant and had a narrow view to the sea and good views to the mountains.

There are photos of the interior elsewhere online so I didn't take any, but although it's not a large lounge, and it's not a dedicated BA lounge, there was enough seating for everyone.

There were plenty of staff circulating to clear plates and keep the self-service food topped up

Food (at around 11.30am) was quite varied. As well as snacks like crisps and nuts, there were some hot dishes (a pasta dish, rice, what looked like a chicken curry, and something else I can't remember), a variety of freshly made filled rolls, some individual boxes of sushi and gyoza, salad, and there were also still breakfast items like cereal, bread for toasting, butter, cold meat and cheese, jams and spreads, yoghurts, a variety of fruit etc. There were also cakes and chocolates.

Drinkwise, there was a pod-style coffee machine, chilled water, and fridges of cold soft and alcoholic drinks to help yourself from. Red wine was available too, but I can't remember if there were spirits.

There are just two toilets in the lounge, which can lead to queues, but it's not far to others in the departures area. It's also not a long walk from the lounge to the gates.

I'd read a few critical reviews but thought it was good for an airport of this size - clean, well-stocked, etc . Check-in opened less than 2 1/2 hours before the flight so you won't be spending a lot of time here.
Attached Images  
Tocsin and LCSinTexas like this.
Old Dec 21, 2022, 10:14 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, Amex Plat, SkyTeam Silver
Can confirm the Aena ALC lounge is open (post seems to say Currently Closed). Drinking a semi warm Heineken as we speak.
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2023, 7:45 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, Amex Plat, SkyTeam Silver
I, sadly, cannot get any of the images to load in either Firefox or Chrome? When I go direct I get a security alert for the URL. Any known issues?
Old Jan 5, 2023, 10:21 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by PGberkshire
OSL doesn't seem great, any idea if the premium section has re-opened? tia
It was still out of commission when I flew out on the 27th December. They also seem to have enhanced normal sized glasses away since my last visit, so you're sat there drinking the discount wine out of thimbles feeling like you're in a dollhouse lounge. Saw more than one person helping themselves to wine in the beer glasses, which were approximately the size of a normal wine glass. I stuck to frequent refills to stretch my legs!
Old Jan 5, 2023, 11:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by marconess
I, sadly, cannot get any of the images to load in either Firefox or Chrome? When I go direct I get a security alert for the URL. Any known issues?
Yes, there’s a problem with the security certificate with the website where the images are hosted. Prospero is working on a fix.
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2023, 11:27 am

Programs: BA Executive Club - Gold
Originally Posted by saccosekk
It was still out of commission when I flew out on the 27th December. They also seem to have enhanced normal sized glasses away since my last visit, so you're sat there drinking the discount wine out of thimbles feeling like you're in a dollhouse lounge. Saw more than one person helping themselves to wine in the beer glasses, which were approximately the size of a normal wine glass. I stuck to frequent refills to stretch my legs!
I will always be impressed by the guy who helped himself to a take away cup (remember when we had those ) full of Johnny Walker, popped a lid on and wandered out to his flight sans-mixer. EDI a few years back but a memorable and impressive moment!
saccosekk likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2023, 6:42 am
HB7

Programs: BA Exec Club, SIA KrisFlyer, Qantas FF, Emirates Skywards
CDG Terminal 2B Lounge

CDG Terminal 2B Lounge

I travelled back from CDG to LHR yesterday and I was able to use the new Extime Lounge - which seems to be the only lounge in the terminal. Personally I thought the lounge was nice - not the best, but it was a decent size, clean, had showers and had an okay food and drink selection. The terminal appears to be fairly new, and it does actually look quite nice.

Admittedly I was there during a very quiet period (Thursday 6.10 pm flight), however, I thought the lounge was decent.

I've only visited the AA Admirals lounge when BA used to operate out of 2A-C. The food was much better in the AA Admirals lounge than this lounge, but I think the space in the Extime lounge is a little better.

Also, there are better runway/apron views in the AA Admirals lounge for those of us who enjoy that.

Last edited by HB7; Jan 6, 2023 at 7:07 am Reason: Photos

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.