Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 30, 2015, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: S_W_S
European BA destinations without lounge access.
As investigated by FlyerTalk's very own c-w-s. (See post.)

No lounge, and no other lounge in airport: Typically these airports also have very limited facilities airside
BGO, BIA, BIQ, CFU, CHQ, CMF, EFL, EGC, FDH, FSC, FUE, GNB, GRX, JSI, JTR, KGS, KLX, LEI, LIG, MAH, MJV, NTE, OVD, PUY (their VIP lounge isn't available to passengers), PVK, UIP, ZTH (LCY has an external lounge in a separate building, so in the CIP category).

No lounge, but vouchers provided
LPA perhaps temporarily as of 1 May 2019

No lounge for BA, but there is for other airlines / Priority Pass
ACE, CAG (see this post), CGN (route suspended), FNC, HER (lounge opening times restricted), HUY (route suspended), KRK, OLB (BA charter CE can use lounge however), OPO, NUE (lounge is airside but register landside) Lounge at NUE now available to BA PAX (see this post), PMO (lounge closed until end of 2022), SKG , SPU, STR, SVQ. For RHO (see this post), TLL (route suspended).

No lounge for BA, but airport CIP lounge available
BDS (but very limited in scope, €25 online), BJV (€25 walk up fee), JMK (also PP), LCY (separate building), MPL (€18),

New routes with lounge
AAL, BIO, FLR, INV, KRK, VLC.

Print Wikipost

BA Lounge Database | Europe

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2023, 11:18 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL, SPG Gold , HHonors Diamond ,Marriott Gold Elite
Brussels Lounge

Hi

Am off to BRU on 18/2 and have not been for a while. Is the BA lounge still open or is it some other contract lounge for Club passengers?. Is there Fast track?
Old Feb 4, 2023, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by col747uk
Am off to BRU on 18/2 and have not been for a while. Is the BA lounge still open or is it some other contract lounge for Club passengers?. Is there Fast track?
The BA lounge closed permanently during the pandemic. BA now use the third party Diamond lounge in the non-Schengen area: https://www.oneworld.com/airport-lounges?location=BRU

Fast Track security is located to the right of the main security lanes - scan your own boarding pass. There is no Fast Track at immigration - be prepared to wait a while to get through to the non-Schengen gates (where the lounge is located).
SxMan likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2023, 3:06 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, Amex Plat, SkyTeam Silver
Sidenote, no spirits at BCN Joan Miro today. Wine, beers, cider, cava all still available.
Old Feb 15, 2023, 5:26 am

Is AMS still closed?
Old Feb 15, 2023, 5:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by flyer200
Is AMS still closed?
Yes, as with BRU, the BA lounge at AMS closed permanently during the pandemic. BA now use the third party Aspire lounge, adjacent to the ex-BA lounge: https://www.oneworld.com/airport-lounges?location=AMS
SxMan likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2023, 5:32 am

Originally Posted by Genius1
Yes, as with BRU, the BA lounge at AMS closed permanently during the pandemic. BA now use the third party Aspire lounge, adjacent to the ex-BA lounge: https://www.oneworld.com/airport-lounges?location=AMS
Thanks, do you know if the capacity issues (not letting priority pass in during peak times) would impact ability to bring in a guest (I'm Gold for reference)
Old Feb 23, 2023, 8:14 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, A3 Blue
Rumor has it CFU is getting an extra-Schengen area Lounge (operated by Goldair), so there's a very good chance BA will get access to that.
Calchas likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2023, 11:20 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott GFL
Question if anyone might know the answer - PMI Sala Valdemossa
I visited there in October 2020. I was Silver/Sapphire at the time and flying in economy, and my co-traveller was a no-status traveling in CE. When we checked in at the lounge there was a brief hesitation letting us in, but then a "Ah, you can guest your co-traveller". Since we both handed our boarding cards and my silver card at the same time I never figured out who was the "guest" and who was the reason we both got in.

It is confusing to me as the OneWorld site states that each one of us would individually have access, me based on status, and my friend due to being in CE.

Is the Oneworld site incorrect? If so, what are the correct access rules? I cannot find any access rules published on the aena.es site.

I am asking as I will finally be at PMI again, this time as BA Gold/Emerald but travelling in economy, and want to know if I should bother to approach the lounge.

Thank you in advance.

LcS
Old Feb 25, 2023, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by LCSinTexas
Question if anyone might know the answer - PMI Sala Valdemossa
I visited there in October 2020. I was Silver/Sapphire at the time and flying in economy, and my co-traveller was a no-status traveling in CE. When we checked in at the lounge there was a brief hesitation letting us in, but then a "Ah, you can guest your co-traveller". Since we both handed our boarding cards and my silver card at the same time I never figured out who was the "guest" and who was the reason we both got in.

It is confusing to me as the OneWorld site states that each one of us would individually have access, me based on status, and my friend due to being in CE.

Is the Oneworld site incorrect? If so, what are the correct access rules? I cannot find any access rules published on the aena.es site.

I am asking as I will finally be at PMI again, this time as BA Gold/Emerald but travelling in economy, and want to know if I should bother to approach the lounge.

Thank you in advance.

LcS
CE can't guest but the status member can. Probably just momentary confusion by the lounge dragon. You will be fine.
Old Feb 25, 2023, 11:32 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott GFL
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by stifle
CE can't guest but the status member can. Probably just momentary confusion by the lounge dragon. You will be fine.
Thank you, that will be a nice ending to our visit.

LcS
Old Mar 11, 2023, 3:15 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Nandos
Nice Airport

Oneworld site shows Canopy Lounge is closed all day Mon-Sun. I can’t work out the eligibility of the Library Lounge, does anyone have any recent experience with NCE?

https://www.oneworld.com/airport-lounges?location=NCE
Old Mar 11, 2023, 3:27 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by TPRun
Oneworld site shows Canopy Lounge is closed all day Mon-Sun. I can’t work out the eligibility of the Library Lounge, does anyone have any recent experience with NCE?

https://www.oneworld.com/airport-lounges?location=NCE
The Library Lounge clearly states Iberia only. A quick check of the NCE airport website states canopy open 0530-2100.
Sometimes Google is your friend and will save the time of both yourself and those you’ve asked for help.
Old Mar 12, 2023, 2:51 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Nandos
Originally Posted by EDIwanderer
The Library Lounge clearly states Iberia only. A quick check of the NCE airport website states canopy open 0530-2100.
Sometimes Google is your friend and will save the time of both yourself and those you’ve asked for help.
Thanks for your reply; I guess you have time on you hands, maybe you can write to the One world lounges webpage people and ask them to update it
Genius1, Deltus and volar like this.
Old Mar 12, 2023, 3:42 pm

Programs: BAEC
I was very happy with 'Airport Lounge World' at MUC today - really nice atmosphere, especially the essentially unsignposted and empty second floor. Nice break from MUC T1 which was a thoroughly miserable experience both at check-in and passport control...
volar and TPRun like this.
Old Mar 15, 2023, 11:44 pm

Programs: Mucci, BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Stena Gold
As of today, BA are using the Plaza Premium lounge at BUD, and not the Platinum lounge

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.