Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 30, 2015, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: S_W_S
European BA destinations without lounge access.
As investigated by FlyerTalk's very own c-w-s. (See post.)

No lounge, and no other lounge in airport: Typically these airports also have very limited facilities airside
BGO, BIA, BIQ, CFU, CHQ, CMF, EFL, EGC, FDH, FSC, FUE, GNB, GRX, JSI, JTR, KGS, KLX, LEI, LIG, MAH, MJV, NTE, OVD, PUY (their VIP lounge isn't available to passengers), PVK, UIP, ZTH (LCY has an external lounge in a separate building, so in the CIP category).

No lounge, but vouchers provided
LPA perhaps temporarily as of 1 May 2019

No lounge for BA, but there is for other airlines / Priority Pass
ACE, CAG (see this post), CGN (route suspended), FNC, HER (lounge opening times restricted), HUY (route suspended), KRK, OLB (BA charter CE can use lounge however), OPO, NUE (lounge is airside but register landside) Lounge at NUE now available to BA PAX (see this post), PMO (lounge closed until end of 2022), SKG , SPU, STR, SVQ. For RHO (see this post), TLL (route suspended).

No lounge for BA, but airport CIP lounge available
BDS (but very limited in scope, €25 online), BJV (€25 walk up fee), JMK (also PP), LCY (separate building), MPL (€18),

New routes with lounge
AAL, BIO, FLR, INV, KRK, VLC.

Print Wikipost

BA Lounge Database | Europe

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2023, 6:59 am

Programs: BA Executive Club - Gold
Originally Posted by HB7
CDG Terminal 2B Lounge

I travelled back from CDG to LHR yesterday and I was able to use the new Extime Lounge - which seems to be the only lounge in the terminal. Personally I thought the lounge was nice - not the best, but it was a decent size, clean, had showers and had an okay food and drink selection. The terminal appears to be fairly new, and it does actually look quite nice.

Admittedly I was there during a very quiet period (Thursday 6.10 pm flight), however, I thought the lounge was decent.

I've only visited the AA Admirals lounge when BA used to operate out of 2A-C. The food was much better in the AA Admirals lounge than this lounge, but I think the space in the Extime lounge is a little better.

Also, there are better runway/apron views in the AA Admirals lounge for those of us who enjoy that.

EDIT - Can people see my photos? This is the first time I've put in photos and I'm not sure if I've done it correctly.

[img]blob:https://www.flyertalk.com/bbbbe908-bcfe-4583-bdac-86a3832decd4[/img]

[img]blob:https://www.flyertalk.com/7f813f8e-6bb6-4b4c-a12c-155f67b70d2a[/img]

[img]blob:https://www.flyertalk.com/813abb58-4178-4d06-9e8e-ef44a080714a[/img]

[img]blob:https://www.flyertalk.com/b5cbdb58-ebe2-48aa-b623-060e71d16066[/img]

[img]blob:https://www.flyertalk.com/c7be1db1-e7a9-4927-8935-112babd129f1[/img]
Sorry, can't currently see photos...

CB
HB7 likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2023, 7:03 am
HB7

Programs: BA Exec Club, SIA KrisFlyer, Qantas FF, Emirates Skywards
Originally Posted by cbyrne92
Sorry, can't currently see photos...

CB
Thanks - I'll try and fix it.
Old Jan 6, 2023, 7:25 am

I also visited the CDG Extime lounge last week, it’s a surprisingly nice one. Decent food, replenished often by friendly staff, plentiful self-pour drinks, a nice variety of different seating areas. The decor is much classier than a typical airline lounge. TBH it’s a shame BA will be moving back once the refurbishment is complete, the current experience overall is much better.

Slightly on a tangent, but fast track is both available and genuinely fast as well.
HB7 likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2023, 8:24 am
HB7

Originally Posted by Confus
I also visited the CDG Extime lounge last week, it’s a surprisingly nice one. Decent food, replenished often by friendly staff, plentiful self-pour drinks, a nice variety of different seating areas. The decor is much classier than a typical airline lounge. TBH it’s a shame BA will be moving back once the refurbishment is complete, the current experience overall is much better.

Slightly on a tangent, but fast track is both available and genuinely fast as well.
Sorry I haven't heard of the refurb - are you referring to the T2B refurb? Or is this a different refurb?
Old Jan 8, 2023, 10:01 am

Programs: BA-G, AC-100K, UA-G
changing opening hours HAM lounge

I’m on the LHR-HAM-LHR at least once a month. The Hamburg lounge used to have consistent opening times. Then switched to some odd interrupted opening at weekends (oneworld database reflects this “Saturday/Sunday 09:00 - 16:00 and 18:00 - 20:15). Arrived for todays (Sunday) evening flight BA967 at 18:45 and find lounge now only open “Saturday/Sunday 09:00 - 16:00”). Lounge access in HAM is as much hit or miss now as availability of fastrack (today: yes; 5 weeks ago, same flight: no).
Old Jan 8, 2023, 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by HB7
Sorry I haven't heard of the refurb - are you referring to the T2B refurb? Or is this a different refurb?
The reason BA has been moved out of their old terminal (along with all other airlines) is so it can be closed for interior refurbishment. Once this is complete, the previous tenants are expected to move back. But a dingy basement with a fresh lick of paint is still a dingy basement.
geo1005 and HB7 like this.
Old Jan 8, 2023, 5:03 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
LUX lounge this weekend.

Big, quiet (apart from the Spanish man WhatApp calls) for an hour, with nice runway views. No universal power sockets, but charging station which is a nice touch.

F&B not the most extensive, but every single element of it was genuinely good - nice breads, good soup, wide cold meats selection, more than solid wines and even some rather tasty cakes.
Old Jan 9, 2023, 4:43 am
HB7

Originally Posted by Confus
The reason BA has been moved out of their old terminal (along with all other airlines) is so it can be closed for interior refurbishment. Once this is complete, the previous tenants are expected to move back. But a dingy basement with a fresh lick of paint is still a dingy basement.
Great. As a regular between CDG-LHR, that's not great news. What lounges are available in the old terminal apart from AA? That lounge closes at 12, so not great.

Is there anywhere we can follow progress? When are BA expected back there?
Old Jan 16, 2023, 8:11 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, Amex Plat, SkyTeam Silver
ALC is currently open.
Old Jan 18, 2023, 6:56 am

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Weary Nomad
Update for those travelling from Faro, the CIP lounge reopened last week
Where was it?! I went through Faro a couple of weeks ago and couldn't find any lounge at all, although I didn't have long. Was it before passport control?
Old Jan 18, 2023, 7:01 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Deltus
Where was it?! I went through Faro a couple of weeks ago and couldn't find any lounge at all, although I didn't have long. Was it before passport control?
It's before leaving Schengen, and on the left side after leaving security and the main duty free shop. In summer, when they have the A gates open, then you need to follow the signs for B gates which is where BA departs all year round. There's no lounge after passport control.
Deltus likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2023, 4:55 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
On the oneworld lounge database site, the DUS Open Sky Lounge is said to have 'runway views'! Which is a bit of a stretch!
Calchas, m8_rotate and mrhocA like this.
Old Jan 22, 2023, 9:25 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Prospero
ATH Athens
This one appears to be prominently signposted as SkyServ Handling Services - Aristotelis Onasis does appear on the airport website but I didn't see it on any signs. It's had quite the funky makeover, lots of marine blue shiny walls and it actually loooks quite moden and impressive. Car park views, so no rush for a window seat.

Weirdly the two screens at the end were running a loop os ads (no sound) one for BA and one for EgyptAir. The BA ad was the one where you saw the pilot at home hugging his baby.

Still easy to fnd, sollow the signs after secrity, through duty free and it's up the stairs to the right.

View from the food counter, entrance is to the right hand corner

View to the food counter, screens to my right

Screens from the food counter, which is to my left and behind me. Air China popped up this time.

Last edited by bhbloke; Jan 22, 2023 at 9:26 am Reason: add description
Old Jan 22, 2023, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by Deltus
The lounge is located after passport control. Once through passport control and immediately on exiting the duty free shop, the lounge access is on the left via an elevator / stairs, and is located on the first floor
Old Jan 24, 2023, 4:47 am

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Weary Nomad
The lounge is located after passport control. Once through passport control and immediately on exiting the duty free shop, the lounge access is on the left via an elevator / stairs, and is located on the first floor
Do you mean after security, but before passport control? There was no duty free shop after passport control.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.