Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 30, 2015, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: S_W_S
European BA destinations without lounge access.
As investigated by FlyerTalk's very own c-w-s. (See post.)

No lounge, and no other lounge in airport: Typically these airports also have very limited facilities airside
BGO, BIA, BIQ, CFU, CHQ, CMF, EFL, EGC, FDH, FSC, FUE, GNB, GRX, JSI, JTR, KGS, KLX, LEI, LIG, MAH, MJV, NTE, OVD, PUY (their VIP lounge isn't available to passengers), PVK, UIP, ZTH (LCY has an external lounge in a separate building, so in the CIP category).

No lounge, but vouchers provided
LPA perhaps temporarily as of 1 May 2019

No lounge for BA, but there is for other airlines / Priority Pass
ACE, CAG (see this post), CGN (route suspended), FNC, HER (lounge opening times restricted), HUY (route suspended), KRK, OLB (BA charter CE can use lounge however), OPO, NUE (lounge is airside but register landside) Lounge at NUE now available to BA PAX (see this post), PMO (lounge closed until end of 2022), SKG , SPU, STR, SVQ. For RHO (see this post), TLL (route suspended).

No lounge for BA, but airport CIP lounge available
BDS (but very limited in scope, €25 online), BJV (€25 walk up fee), JMK (also PP), LCY (separate building), MPL (€18),

New routes with lounge
AAL, BIO, FLR, INV, KRK, VLC.

Print Wikipost

BA Lounge Database | Europe

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2014, 10:27 am

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
Just a short note to say that DUB's DAA Exec Lounge is open until 2100 daily, not 1900. at least, that's what the sign said on Sunday.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 4:30 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Minor updates for Zagreb:

Opening hours 05 to 22 hrs (despite what it says on their website).

Location: immediately right after the escalators leading from passport control.

Wifi speed (July 2014) 6 mb/s upload and download.

Croatian red and white wines in the chiller on the right. Croatian lager, Ožujsko (5%) on tap and free pour. Mini portions of pršut ham, burek sa sirom (cheese pie) and bijela mađarica (cheesecake) in the food chiller units. Hot water for tea is obtained by pressing 2 red buttons together on the water cooler.
Old Jul 26, 2014, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Images for the Blue Lounge at LIS can be found in my latest trip report here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...es-w-pics.html
Old Aug 12, 2014, 5:42 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Visited the Prague Menzies lounge, it's horrible! Except for very slow internet and some views of the gates/partial tarmac, there is almost no food (packed old croissants at best, and one vegetable soup) and I am talking about lunchtime Monday. If I did not have spare 30 minutes I would not have even bothered!
Oslo lounge I am in right now is quite nice, with some Norway-specific delicacies, and much appreciated alcoholic beverages, though the view of the tarmac is not good(non-existent really), but nice, clean, well-staffed, not-crowded.
Old Aug 12, 2014, 6:51 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Mucci de buveur de gin
I am in PRG just now.

I agree with you in that it is not much. A few bits of stale bread, some Czech version of Dairylea cheese, few open sandwiches and some peanuts. The soup was ok. I am passing the time drinking the Czech bubbles.

I do like the light and airy feeling to the lounge though.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 10:14 am

Programs: BA Gold, IB Slvr, EK Gold, HHonors Diamond
Refreshments

What fresh hell is Curtains gin? Spotted at the lounge in GVA recently.

http://imgur.com/51WKq30

Compared to this merry top class collection at the LHR T1 lounge:

http://imgur.com/rxBJo81

Last edited by PeterFlorrick; Aug 15, 2014 at 11:51 am
Old Aug 15, 2014, 10:52 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Just arrived at the Aer Lingus Gold Circle Lounge at Dublin Terminal 2 as a BA Gold travelling on EI with a non status guest. Guest was refused access after lounge host informed us that all guesting arrangements between EI and BA have been removed and it's strictly card holders only.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 7:16 am

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
New Finnair Premium Lounge at Helsinki is open now, and it's nice enough - though am contemplating going back to the contract lounge for non-status BA customers (it is absolutely rammed, and plenty of feet and socks on show).
Old Sep 1, 2014, 7:50 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by lorcancoyle
New Finnair Premium Lounge at Helsinki is open now, and it's nice enough - though am contemplating going back to the contract lounge for non-status BA customers (it is absolutely rammed, and plenty of feet and socks on show).
I think it is busy because it is open to OWE and OWS. Frome the photos I have seen it seems smallish as you would expect, but I had been under the impression it was going to be for OWE only. Did you have a chance to go next door to the exiting AY lounge? I wonder if it will be noticably less crowded now all the OWE and OWS are heading to this new lounge.
Old Sep 5, 2014, 1:36 am

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
ARN lounge - was surprised to see 1930 closing time listed here since BA has 2110 departures on occasion; ran a search and saw priority pass lists different times for the T2 lounge:

http://www.prioritypass.com/Lounges/...ort-Lounge.cfm

Opening Hours: 05:15 - 21:00 Monday - Friday. 05:30 - 20:30 Saturday. 05:30 - 21:00 Sunday.
Don't know if anyone has been through recently who can verify.

EDIT: noticed listed hours here match ARN T5 lounge rather than T2 from which BA departs - that may be the discrepancy.

Last edited by gengar; Sep 5, 2014 at 1:42 am
Old Sep 23, 2014, 11:51 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Sofia lounge (SOF) Pliska and Preslav lounges

Following on from
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23306338-post235.html

and also:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23569308-post256.html

There are actually 2 lounges available to BA passengers in Sofia, the Pliska lounge which is on the main floor of departures, sometimes signposted as lounge 2; and also there is the Preslav lounge, which is signposted as lounge 1, downstairs as if exiting the airport. Preslav is the bigger and more comfortable of the two, there is a bit more natural light in Pliska.

Standard information:
SOF Preslav (Преслав) lounge
Sofia Airport Terminal 2
Airside, downstairs from the main departure floor by the B concourse, marked exit. Turn left after escalators.

Open: 04:00 hrs to 00:00

Access
Standard BA rules

Food and beverages
A selection of sweet and savoury snacks: crisps, biscuits, pastries, wrapped sandwiches, muffins, boiled sweets.

Spirits, local beer, wines and soft drinks. Note chiller cabinet behind reception with white and sparkling wine. Red wine is Domaine Peshtera Merlot.

Wifi (access code on tables, 2 mb/s and slower).
PC workstations
Magazines and newspapers
Smoking salon

There are toilets in this lounge, but no showers.

Old Sep 23, 2014, 1:12 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
I visited the new lounge a couple of weeks ago for the 5pm Sunday flight. Managed to get a seat but it was very busy. All drinks have to be ordered from the one or two people serving, so a queue built up, which spread across the way in/out. The champagne ran out but had a nice small glass of Chateauneuf du pape. The menu listed some decent spirits. Nice food.

As it continued to fill, we left. There was a queue of about 20 people waiting outside in the corridor to the main entrance to get.

We made our way back to the Almost@home lounge. It too was a little busy when we arrived, but was comfortable.

When flying back on Sunday evenings, I think I will give the lounge a miss (until it becomes a OWE only lounge) and stick to the Almost lounge. Limited free drink selection but I like its quaint charm and usually not too crowded atmosphere.
Old Oct 5, 2014, 3:56 am

Programs: BA (Gold). Various other statuses
I am currently sitting in the lounge at Thessaloniki which is now called Skyserv. It is not big and is filling up with an hour to go before the BA flight leaves. Invitations to the lounge are available at the check in desk which opened about two and a quarter hours before the departure time. There is small bar with drinks and nibbles. There are two toilets behind reception. Wifi is free; get a code from reception. Lots of young children in the lounge which does not bode well for the flight. I imagine it would be very busy in the middle of the summer.
Old Oct 17, 2014, 4:02 am

Minor updates:

DBV: now open 05 hrs to 22 hrs, except Wed and Saturday when 09 hrs to 22 hrs.

BLQ:
Name: It's firmly described all over the airport as the Marconi Business Lounge, using the initials MBL.
Open hours: 05 to 21 hrs.
Location - upstairs landside to the left of main security.

Staffed barista coffee bar. Extensive fruit juice range (9 varieties).

Champagne is no, but there is a sparkling white on offer: Reno Frizzante Pignoletto, from the Pignoletto grapes of Sicily. Other Romio wines available: (white) Sauvignon Blanc Friuli; (red) Nero d'Avola Terre Siciliane; Romagna Sangiovese (local to BLQ). Served at the coffee bar. Nastro Azzurro beer.

[Just to amplify an existing comment] There is a dedicated fast track corridor to security at the back of the lounge, behind the coffee bar. Not open during off peak hours.

Last edited by corporate-wage-slave; Oct 19, 2014 at 1:16 am
Old Oct 24, 2014, 7:48 am

Location: in your favourite lounge, clearing the whole buffet
Programs: LH Maximizer of the year, BA Blue Label killer
The new SN lounge at BRU shows a BA sign at the entrance. Does anybody know if access is granted for all BA flights or is the Galleries still open?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.