Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 30, 2015, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: S_W_S
European BA destinations without lounge access.
As investigated by FlyerTalk's very own c-w-s. (See post.)

No lounge, and no other lounge in airport: Typically these airports also have very limited facilities airside
BGO, BIA, BIQ, CFU, CHQ, CMF, EFL, EGC, FDH, FSC, FUE, GNB, GRX, JSI, JTR, KGS, KLX, LEI, LIG, MAH, MJV, NTE, OVD, PUY (their VIP lounge isn't available to passengers), PVK, UIP, ZTH (LCY has an external lounge in a separate building, so in the CIP category).

No lounge, but vouchers provided
LPA perhaps temporarily as of 1 May 2019

No lounge for BA, but there is for other airlines / Priority Pass
ACE, CAG (see this post), CGN (route suspended), FNC, HER (lounge opening times restricted), HUY (route suspended), KRK, OLB (BA charter CE can use lounge however), OPO, NUE (lounge is airside but register landside) Lounge at NUE now available to BA PAX (see this post), PMO (lounge closed until end of 2022), SKG , SPU, STR, SVQ. For RHO (see this post), TLL (route suspended).

No lounge for BA, but airport CIP lounge available
BDS (but very limited in scope, €25 online), BJV (€25 walk up fee), JMK (also PP), LCY (separate building), MPL (€18),

New routes with lounge
AAL, BIO, FLR, INV, KRK, VLC.

Print Wikipost

BA Lounge Database | Europe

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2013, 6:27 pm

Programs: MUCCI :D, BA Lifetime Gold, JJC (1980 the Leo Budd years) Hilton Gold
Hi Prospero,

I'd like to let you know that the Cathay Pacific Business and First lounge at CDG is open from 0500 to 2200 daily.

Thanks for all your efforts.
Old Mar 9, 2013, 2:02 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

DUB and ZRH updated
Old Mar 9, 2013, 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by Prospero
DUB and ZRH updated
Great flying from ZRH next month
Old Mar 24, 2013, 1:11 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
BA Lounge Database | Europe

Just a quick update on FRA:

My 915 flight back tonight is delayed, so I've gone on a tour of the lounges and the Cathay pacific lounge is open still at 8pm local time.

The CX lounge is much quieter (only 4 people here) and has slightly better food. JL was packed because their Tokyo flight is just about to leave.
Old Apr 15, 2013, 6:54 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, AS Gold MVP, IC RA, IHG Spire Elite, HH Diamond, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
IST update.

The BA lounge is CLOSED. The signs look like this is a either a refurb or a total closedown, and not just a random closure due to lack of staff/facilities.

BA pax directed to the 'PrimeClass' lounge across the hallway.

Prime class lounge is nicely decorated, but very very busy with PP holders and other non-airline status pax. Very good food though - including Turkish style meze, East Asian style noodles and pizza. Bar with draught Efes and assorted bottles beers.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 8:16 pm

Programs: A variety of Platinums, Golds, Silvers and other fancy metals.
FAO / Faro Lounge

Wifi is free - piece of paper with password given to you on entry.
Old Apr 19, 2013, 12:27 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

Originally Posted by opalfruit
IST update.

The BA lounge is CLOSED. The signs look like this is a either a refurb or a total closedown, and not just a random closure due to lack of staff/facilities.

BA pax directed to the 'PrimeClass' lounge across the hallway.

Prime class lounge is nicely decorated, but very very busy with PP holders and other non-airline status pax. Very good food though - including Turkish style meze, East Asian style noodles and pizza. Bar with draught Efes and assorted bottles beers.
Originally Posted by Steve Oh
FAO / Faro Lounge

Wifi is free - piece of paper with password given to you on entry.
Thank you. Both airports have now been updated.
Old Apr 24, 2013, 7:15 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hhonors Silver, Accor Club Silver and many others at the lowest level
A couple of notes:
I can verify that there is no Champagne or sparkling wine at the IST lounge as I am sat at the bar there now.

BA flights now operate from Terminal D at KBP so use the lounge there rather than the one in Terminal F. I am passing through there on Monday so will scout out the facilities if I have time.
Old Apr 24, 2013, 7:23 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by tdng
BA flights now operate from Terminal D at KBP so use the lounge there rather than the one in Terminal F. I am passing through there on Monday so will scout out the facilities if I have time.
It is nicer looking than the one in Terminal F but as far as snacks/drinks are concerned - pretty much the same.
Old Apr 30, 2013, 4:57 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond
HAJ Karl-Jatho Lounge update

Entry needs to be somewhat corrected:
- Lounge is LANDSIDE.
- Toilets OUTSIDE of lounge
- entrance outside of opening hours is possible, report to Airport Service Centre

Last edited by treppenlaeufer; Apr 30, 2013 at 5:03 am
Old Apr 30, 2013, 5:23 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hhonors Silver, Accor Club Silver and many others at the lowest level
Originally Posted by Andriyko
It is nicer looking than the one in Terminal F but as far as snacks/drinks are concerned - pretty much the same.
Just a couple of additional notes:

KBP Lounge
There are showers as well as toilets within the lounge.
The lounge is accessed via escalators opposite either gate D4 or D8.
There is a small selection of sandwiches available from the bar instead of rolls.

Otherwise, the description is the same as the lounge in Terminal F. You still get the view of Soviet aircraft albeit from a different angle. I don't know if BA always use the same gate but we went from D5 yesterday which is less than a minute's walk from the lounge so you could comfortably wait until a couple of minutes before the gate closed.
Old May 6, 2013, 10:24 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UK AMEX Plat
The situation in Zurich has now changed. Instead of the dreadful DNATA one in D, there's now a lovely shiny new OneWorld lounge opposite it. Lots of seats, nice selection of drinks, snacks etc. Huge upgrade
Old May 6, 2013, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Update for DUB Executive Lounge: now serving soup, and champagne is available for purchase.
Old May 19, 2013, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
The CPH Apartment lounge is only for oneworld Emeralds, I believe.

CE and oneworld Sapphire definitely doesn't grant access - I am currently in the really rather poor Novia lounge. There's a reasonable view of the taxiway, but food selection looks Baxter-Storey like (), and it's rather crowded.
Old May 19, 2013, 9:48 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Mucci de buveur de gin
Originally Posted by Genius1
I am currently in the really rather poor Novia lounge. There's a reasonable view of the taxiway, but food selection looks Baxter-Storey like (), and it's rather crowded.
I was there in December. Not the nicest of places. Food selection average - I'm happy with meat, cheese and rye bread. Oh, and beer

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.